What happened to this forum?

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

What happened to this forum?

Postby hartster on Sat, 18 Nov 2023 1:38 +0000

I used this forum heaps around 2014-2016. It was really busy.

Now it seems like its on life support.

What happened? Where did everyone go?
2013 Hilux KUN26R DC, 2010 Kluger GSU45R, 2006 Prado GRJ120R, 1993 Hilux VZN130R
hartster

Re: What happened to this forum?

Postby Rob_Wood on Sat, 18 Nov 2023 4:12 +0000

Either it's the ebb & flow of forum life ... The ups & downs of real life, Oorrr, everyone ... Except thee & me have finally afforded the final enhancement to their Hiluxes and are out seeing how well it goes.
Rob_Wood

Postby Dave on Mon, 20 Nov 2023 8:10 +0000

We unfortunately live in the age of Facebook where people ask a question in a non-categorised discussion area to get a lot of useless answers, sometimes with a correct answer in between.

I keep the lights on preserving all the knowledge on the forum for those that need it and it is still, to this day helping many find solutions to their problems.

Happy days...
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Rob_Wood on Tue, 21 Nov 2023 7:23 +0000

Dave wrote:We unfortunately live in the age of Facebook where people ask a question in a non-categorised discussion area to get a lot of useless answers, sometimes with a correct answer in between.

I keep the lights on preserving all the knowledge on the forum for those that need it and it is still, to this day helping many find solutions to their problems.

Happy days...

I'd imagine that offering "read only" access like that of an archive or knowledge base would be similar running costs to that of leaving it status quo?
I only ask the rhetorical question as an idea for any (distant) future decision making process. :) :) :)
As additional 'food for thought', I might also mention that (more recently) I've been using the forum ... Not only to help others, but to also attempt to find a little bit of "peace & quiet" from the 'everyday' with 2 other humans in the house (wife & 5YO). Rare success in this endeavour means the world to someone who (historically speaking) is not the best "people person" becomes more manageable.
Rob_Wood

Postby 241steve on Tue, 21 Nov 2023 2:10 +0000

I don"t think blokes work on their hiluxs that much now most look at as ill go work all day Saturday at my own job let a real mechanic maintain the Hilux to the book and sign it that way it never breaks down and resale value is better .If you want to see how something comes apart theres probably a youtube video the rest of the answers google finds and directs straight to the page. Every time I wanted to see how to take the dash ect apart youtube has videos of my model being taken apart the right way so I didn't break mine.
241steve

Postby dute on Thu, 23 Nov 2023 12:56 +0000

Dave wrote:We unfortunately live in the age of Facebook where people ask a question in a non-categorised discussion area to get a lot of useless answers, sometimes with a correct answer in between.

Happy days...

Well done Dave,
FCCW

inside Dute's black hole

"Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill"
dute

Postby Dave on Thu, 23 Nov 2023 10:23 +0000

dute wrote:

Happy days...

Well done Dave,

Thanks mate
Dave
Site Admin

Postby hylux on Fri, 24 Nov 2023 7:26 +0000

Well I don't have anything to do with that x face twits BS. But I have been on here for over 13 years and my 13 year old lux still runs as good if not better than new and never missed a beat. I used newhilux to help me set-up, modify and maintain it. I just spent over $7k on a mid term refresh a few months ago with its first injector and clutch replacement, gearbox rebuild as it was getting a little crunchy and new tires. I keep coming back to the site for info, still can't remember that seat belt chime disable everytime I disconnect the battery :( and the muffler is getting a bit rusty so been researching muffler delete of late. THANKS DAVE
But it is interesting I have been thinking about a new wide track Rouge this year or next but havnt seen any talk of it here. Might word up a post later. Want to make the right decision as maybe my last ute for the next 15 years.
I love hybrid cars - means more fuel for me
hylux

Return to General Discussion