FAQ CHIP IT Diesel Performance Solutions Power Module

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

FAQ CHIP IT Diesel Performance Solutions Power Module

Postby CHIP IT on Wed, 03 Mar 2010 9:00 +0000

CHIP IT

Diesel Performance Solutions Power Module

FAQ

Q: Can anybody fit the Performance Chip?
A: Yes. We have designed the Diesel Performance Chips to be fitted by anyone. You do not need any special licence or degree. :mrgreen:

Q: Why is your Performance Chip so much cheaper than other well known brands?
A: Many reasons actually. One of the reasons is you are buying direct from the manufacturer. The product is not going through importers, distributors and resellers, making everyone a little money along the way before ending up on your vehicle. Even if the chip is purchased and installed from a mechanic, they are buying directly from us the manufacturer. The other reason … we’re not greedy. ;)
We believe in providing a GREAT product at a FAIR price.

Q: Your Performance Chips give superior performance gains over other chips or modules, why?
A: Simply because our chips are tuned on Australian complied vehicles using Australian fuels and therefore we are able to tune the chips for higher performance. When the other brands develop tunes based on their countries vehicles they must de-tune their power maps so that they don’t run into problems with vehicles they have not tested … or even seen! Our power maps are developed and dyno tested right here in Australia by local experts. Furthermore, since our software allows for small changes we can develop and or refine new tunes to suit any individual anomalies such as lazy EGR valves or overly sensitive fuel pressure sensor and MAP sensors. Where other chips may falter and bring up engine codes, we can tweak a tune to suit YOUR particular needs, email it to you and you can download it to your Chip It ECU and be off and running within an hour of us first receiving your help request. No other module on the market today gives you (or us) this level or flexibility. And for the grand finale we are able, with our “Co-Pilot” program, to connect to YOUR laptop whilst you are on the road test and tune the Chip in real time!

Q: Another well known Chip manufacturer says that half price Chips only do half the job. Is this true?
A: They would want you to think that. The truth is some do only use a variable resister to vary a particular signal. THIS IS NOT TRUE OF THE CHIP IT MODULE. Our chips are not potted and any customer is free to open the casing and see what our boards contain. These boards are powerful signal and frequency modifiers. We utilise 32K processors to accurately control the board and the signals we send back to the OEM ECU. Don’t be fooled. Our Module is more than likely even better it the way it is made and the way signals are processed and we definitely have more features than any other Module. As mentioned, providing a great product at a fair price is good for everyone!

Q: Is there another reason why the Chip It Module is better value for money than other chips or modules?
A: Yes. The Chip It Module has another in-built emulator which controls the MAP sensor signal. This extra feature of ours allows the engine to run more turbo pressure. This feature alone allows the engine to produce more power and comes free with every System. Purchased separately, this piece of kit would be worth $300 – $500.

Q: Does your Module adjust Injection Timing?
A: Yes. This is controlled by increasing fuel volume and flow at the injectors. i.e. We make the peak flow rate of the fuel delivery occur sooner than what is normal which can be stated as follows. Where standard delivery will have the peak flow at say 60% of the injector opening time, we can bring it forward to say 50%. The factory computer will adjust the timing for say 5 degrees earlier or later because it is told extra power is needed, BUT, the module does not change the start point or the end point of the fuel timing delivery, and here’s the kicker … neither do the high priced Chips on the market. Other Chip manufacturers “tell” you they vary the Fuel MAP timing (advance the delivery point) however the truth is they cannot. No Module which plugs into the Fuel Rail will control the advancement of injection timing! This is another “con” by some manufacturers to make it look like their Chips are better. Let’s be honest about things. If you want to change injection timing you need an after-market Engine ECU or a re-flash of the original timing MAP inside the factory ECU. See point above on reflashing your ECU.

Q: How do you know how the high priced chips work?
A: We took a peak!

Q: What is an ECU re-flash and why is this not a good power-up solution?
A: An ECU re-flash is a method of uploading a non standard performance tune to overwrite your factory ECU map. In our opinion, this power-up procedure has two inherit problems. Firstly, the re-flash is permanent and can only be removed via propriety software which is nearly always only available from the place that first uploaded the map … this will cost you extra time and money. If you ever need to have your ECU checked by the vehicle manufacture or dealer, they are able “see” the non standard program and cancel any engine or drive-train warranty you may have. This will leave you up the proverbial creek! With a Chip It Module simply unplug the unit and the vehicle is back to standard spec. Secondly, the cost of a re-flash is much greater. For these two reasons we feel you are much better off with a module of any brand.

Q: Will I feel an increase in power immediately?
A: Yes. There is no running in period or anything like that. Just start the engine and have fun.

Q: Will the Performance Chip be expensive to run?
A: No. The difference in fuel costs is marginal unless you are using the power ALL THE TIME. In fact, vehicles with manual transmissions often experience better returns because the extra power allows the driver to remain in the higher gears for much longer. This negates the necessity to down shift and revving the engine harder. We welcome customer feedback on their “own” experiences of fuel savings.

Q: I have a 2006 GLS 3.2L Turbo Diesel Mitsubishi Triton which actually rattles at 2000rpm in 5th gear. Mitsubishi (MMA) say that they have re-mapped their ECU to stop this, but it hasn’t. Will your Performance Chip stop it from doing this?
A: We haven’t had any of these issues with our Chips causing pinging etc. We feel the extra power and fuel delivery smoothes out engine running considerably.

Q: How long is the Chip It warranty?
A: A full 2 years on the parts in general and 5 years on the Chip itself. We also have a 48 hours parts replacement policy.

Q: I have heard that vehicles with Diesel Particulate Filters may be problematic without a Chip installed. What really can be expected?
A: We have written a detailed article regarding Diesel Particulate Filters. You can find the article at the bottom of this FAQ page.

Q: If I add a larger exhaust or other mod, what will a custom tune cost and how is this made available to me?
A: We have a fantastic hands-on approach which allows us the custom tune to specific needs and then email that tune to you for download to your Chip It ECU. We also have the opportunity to access your Laptop (with your permission) through our “Remote Desktop Assistance “Co-Pilot” program and custom tune the Chip It Module whilst you drive the vehicle. To allow us to log in and custom tune your Module we charge $110 per hour. Price includes GST.

Q: Will I be able to wear out my tyres faster with a Chit It Module than any other Module?
A: Yes!

Q: Do you offer a money back guarantee?
A: Yes. A 30 day guarantee gives piece of mind in anyone’s language.

After Sales Service

After the purchase, here is our Service Commitment to you:
1. Two years quality guarantee for all products and 5 years on the Chip itself.
2. Free technical support by internet or phone for life.
3. Free software and firmware updates for life.
4. You can request replacement or money back if our Diesel Performance Solutions do not work as advertised.
5. All shipments are fully insured.
6. Shipping cost (back and forth) during the warranty period paid by us.

CHIP IT

Re: FAQ CHIP IT Diesel Performance Solutions Power Module

Postby Hilux Max on Thu, 04 Mar 2010 4:44 +0000

Robert,

thanks for posting up the info on your product....i always enjoy reading bout new hilux related products.

Heres my first question to you - in the FAQ above, you mention that your chip increases power by -
Yes. This is controlled by increasing fuel volume and flow at the injectors. i.e. We make the peak flow rate of the fuel delivery occur sooner than what is normal which can be stated as follows. Where standard delivery will have the peak flow at say 60% of the injector opening time, we can bring it forward to say 50%.

but looking at the pics of your product it isnt a loom that caters for each individual injector.......

so is it safe to assume that your product plugs into the common rail plug itself and alters fuel parameters that way?

You say that your product increasing fuel volume....thats the same as increasing fuel pressure is it not?

Why do you think your product is better than others when you need a boost controller to assist in making 400nM of power when other chips dont require the use of a boost controller?

Your time in answering these questions is appreciated.
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby Hilux Max on Fri, 05 Mar 2010 8:18 +0000

Any chance or replying to some of my questions? I see you've replied to the other thread but not this one :geek:
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby KTM525EXC on Tue, 09 Mar 2010 7:01 +0000

mmaaxx wrote:Any chance or replying to some of my questions? I see you've replied to the other thread but not this one :geek:

???????????????????????????????????????
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM if it's not orange, its a lemon
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Postby 9W6VX on Tue, 09 Mar 2010 10:08 +0000

I actually sold my DPCHiP last week. There was nothing wrong with it but I wanted more power from my little 2KD-FTV.

I am actually quite keen on this chip and have communicated with Robert. However with the geographical distance, I would be keen to see some of our members here give their thumbs up before I drop my moolah.
Cheers

Brendon
73 de 9W6VX
9W6VX
Site Admin

Postby Lancair on Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:07 +0000

I too would like to see some answers to the above questions posted by mmaaxx.

?????

Ive got money ready to buy a chip but need some answers.

Lancair
Lancair

Postby CHIP IT on Thu, 11 Mar 2010 7:19 +0000

Hi Maxx. I wans't receiving the reply notifications so I didn't know you (and others) had replied.

It took someone from NewTriton.net to inform me. :lol:

However, if ever I don't reply, please feel free to send me a PM or email robert@chipit.com.au and let me know you need some info.

Regarding info, I have a NEWLY UPDATED FAQ on the website that may help answer points more clearly ... and hopefully clear the myths about the Common Rail Sensor Chips like DP Chip, TDC, Safari, and EVERY OTHER chip on the market that doesn't plug into each injector.

http://chipit.com.au/faq

In regards to your specific question regarding:

a) Individual connections to Injectors?: Correct. Modern Diesel engines have Engine Management Systems (EMS) similar to petrol engines. They monitor many sensors BEFORE injecting the required amount of fuel for that stroke. They have gross fuel maps, fuel trims maps, intake air temp maps and timing maps etc.

By manipulating the sensor inputs you can have the ECU determine a timing percentage. IE the driver needs more power, I will advance the injection point and inject more fuel.

You do not need to manipulate each injector to do this. Just like a modern vehicle's petrol Aftermarket Engine Management ECU does not need to hook up to individual injectors ... the OEM EMS will do that part.

b) how do we increase fuel? Not really. Fuel volume is increased but the signals we send to OEM EMS will change the timing and injector duration.

c) boost controller. We dont NEED a boost controller adjustment. You can run around with our module WITHOUT the boost function installed. You will still make more power (guaranteed) than any other chip) If you add the boost controller function, you will make more power ... If other modules on the market use a boost controller they too will make extra power. This is not just reserved for Chip It ... we are saying our Module COMES WITH this extra feature FOR FREE ! 8-)

Again, sorry about the late replies but really don't know why I wasn't getting reply notifications when the "Notify me when a reply is posted" was and is ticked. MODS????

mmaaxx wrote:Robert,

thanks for posting up the info on your product....i always enjoy reading bout new hilux related products.

Heres my first question to you - in the FAQ above, you mention that your chip increases power by -
Yes. This is controlled by increasing fuel volume and flow at the injectors. i.e. We make the peak flow rate of the fuel delivery occur sooner than what is normal which can be stated as follows. Where standard delivery will have the peak flow at say 60% of the injector opening time, we can bring it forward to say 50%.

but looking at the pics of your product it isnt a loom that caters for each individual injector.......

so is it safe to assume that your product plugs into the common rail plug itself and alters fuel parameters that way?

You say that your product increasing fuel volume....thats the same as increasing fuel pressure is it not?

Why do you think your product is better than others when you need a boost controller to assist in making 400nM of power when other chips dont require the use of a boost controller?

Your time in answering these questions is appreciated.
Last edited by CHIP IT on Thu, 11 Mar 2010 7:51 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
CHIP IT

Postby CHIP IT on Thu, 11 Mar 2010 7:23 +0000

land below the wind ...

Where is THAT???? :shock:

I know some may be skeptical, that is why we offer a 30 day money back guarantee ;) If you don't like it, send it back.

We cannot be more fair than that.

9W6VX wrote:I actually sold my DPCHiP last week. There was nothing wrong with it but I wanted more power from my little 2KD-FTV.

I am actually quite keen on this chip and have communicated with Robert. However with the geographical distance, I would be keen to see some of our members here give their thumbs up before I drop my moolah.
CHIP IT

Postby 9W6VX on Thu, 11 Mar 2010 9:12 +0000

Robert,

The Land Below The Wind is in Sabah on the island of Borneo.

As to getting notifications, please untick and tick again and if you have any difficulties, feel free to let us know.

Thanks for your email and the relevant info. To be honest, I am sitting on the fence on this. Because of the extreme distances I would rather get some members here to give the thumbs up first.
Cheers

Brendon
73 de 9W6VX
9W6VX
Site Admin

Postby Homer1 on Thu, 11 Mar 2010 9:42 +0000

Poking my nose into everyone elses business here - there are quite a few very happy Triton owners with this chip fitted....but us Triton owners are a happy lot :P
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
Homer1

Postby 9W6VX on Thu, 11 Mar 2010 9:53 +0000

Yeah, i know the members at newtriton are stoked with this but would be good if newhilux members also say aye!

;)
Cheers

Brendon
73 de 9W6VX
9W6VX
Site Admin

Postby Hilux Max on Thu, 11 Mar 2010 10:01 +0000

Robert thanks for getting back to us...your replies/response is greatly appreciated. :mrgreen:
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby CHIP IT on Thu, 11 Mar 2010 3:35 +0000

Glad I could help ... thanks for saying thanks ;)

mmaaxx wrote:Robert thanks for getting back to us...your replies/response is greatly appreciated. :mrgreen:
CHIP IT

Postby daryn on Fri, 12 Mar 2010 7:38 +0000

Not sure if this is my first post over this way or not but anyway I will risk it :lol:

I have had a bit to say over Triton way on my experience in obtaining a DPS Chip, I am keen to see how the DPS performs on the Lux, it maybe different horses for courses and that the DPS works really well with the Tritons, dont know, but I can at least tell you that DP-Chip vs DPS chip is no comparison on a Triton, for the $1300 I paid for it I was ripped off well and truly or I have a faulty chip and dont know it, I truly cannot believe the difference.

You even get the software and other maps to play with if you want to, grab a rs232 to USB cable and away you go, upload new tunes, if your game you are in control. :P

DP-Chip have a lot to answer for charging me $800 more than what others can do and still provide less performance, I so hope that no-one on ebay see's my posts beccause I wont sell it for 2 bob if they do. :evil:

Personally I want to be selfish and I dont want anyone to buy a DPS Chip that way I can keep the performance edge to myself, I especially dont want any Newcastle Hiluxes to buy one. :D

Oh yeah, they have run it on their own vehicles for over 30,000km's with no mechanical problems.
daryn

Postby 9W6VX on Fri, 12 Mar 2010 8:13 +0000

daryn,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

As I wrote earlier, I would love to try out the DPS chip but me being physically 6,000 kms away as the crow flies makes me very cautious. I am still waiting for a trusted member in OZ to give the thumbs up on his own Lux.
Cheers

Brendon
73 de 9W6VX
9W6VX
Site Admin

Postby Hilux Max on Sat, 13 Mar 2010 3:35 +0000

Darryn,

could you please care to explain in some further detail how the customer would be able to play with software and maps and uploading them to the unit themselves?

Surely it has the potential for the customer to make a mistake?

what im trying to understand is, for example, is if someone buys this chip with a standard lux, then fits a snorkel and exhaust system, how would they know what to do to the unit "programming wise" if they wanted it to better suit the new round of mods? :ugeek:
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby jop on Sat, 13 Mar 2010 6:18 +0000

Mmaaxx, the triton unit comes with a disk loaded with 5 different tunes (hilux may have more/less) that can be loaded, it also has a powerpoint demo on fitting the unit.
jop

Postby Hilux Max on Sat, 13 Mar 2010 6:23 +0000

cool...thanks jop....do you have one fitted?
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby jop on Sat, 13 Mar 2010 8:08 +0000

Yeah Mmaaxx, bought it when they first came out (cheap) watched and waited while other fellas fitted and tested - they all loved it, no issues.
Fitted mine on thursday night - it's now quicker than it was with stock tyres (on 32") and is stupidly quick on boost in 3rd,4th, 5th.

A big benefit is the chip blocks any limp modes from having an egr plate fitted - one of the five tunes is for having egr blocked and has better performance again.

The chip it guys are actually custom tuning some members chips to suit their intended purpose.

There has been a lot of chat over on triton about these chips and there is still more development going on, justin and the guys have been impressive in both the product they have produced and in the service offered.

My 2c anyway
jop

Postby D4D Hilux on Sat, 13 Mar 2010 8:12 +0000

sounding promising.... always good to hear feedback either positive or negative....
Cheers, Ryan

07 SR5 Hilux D4D
D4D Hilux

Next

Return to Fuel Systems