cd player "Error 3"

cd player "Error 3"

Postby bluelux on Sat, 06 Dec 2008 10:24 +0000

Hey has anyone had an Error 3 come up when ejecting cd's from the player or had any trouble ejecting cd's
bluelux

Re: cd player "Error 3"

Postby 9W6VX on Sat, 06 Dec 2008 1:51 +0000

Mine is at Toyota for warranty work.

Initially it would play all kinds of CD's. However recently it started to paly only original music CD's and MP3's burned on the PC would only play intermittently.

Then last month it totally would not play CD's at all.

Sent it Yoyota and am waiting for it to come back.
Cheers

Brendon
73 de 9W6VX
9W6VX
Site Admin

Postby rodw on Sat, 06 Dec 2008 2:11 +0000

Bluelux,

Had that on the first CD I listened to. Needs to go back under warranty. Call your dealer and he can get a swap unit up from Toyota and you can swing by and get it swapped over.
rodw

Postby Hilux Max on Sat, 06 Dec 2008 4:46 +0000

all the toyota hilux radios are crap. mine stopped playing burned CD's and would jump and skip heaps.....I couldnt take it anymore so replace it with a pioneer unit...best unit I reckon for a fourby, least amount of skipping and jumping when driving over bumps.
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby TOMUCH on Sat, 06 Dec 2008 5:13 +0000

That was the number ONE reason I changed over to an Alpine Head Unit.. the Factory one was giving me the 5h1ts.....I still have my original one.. will probably replace it back in the car when I sell it.. Cheers TOMUCH
DONT FOLLOW ME ...... YOU WONT MAKE IT !
TOMUCH

Postby Chancha_Blanca on Sat, 06 Dec 2008 6:49 +0000

Guys are you talking about the single or six CD Player?
Without Trucks, Australia Stops, Without Hilux, the World Stops!
Chancha_Blanca

Postby rodw on Sat, 06 Dec 2008 7:11 +0000

Both by the look, Mine was single in my SR, Bluelux has the SR5 so I guess he has the six changer
rodw

Postby olcoolone on Sat, 06 Dec 2008 7:15 +0000

DESCRIPTION

DTC No.
DTC Detection Condition
Trouble Area

01-E3
When registration request command from slave device is output, or when registration request command is output by receiving connection command from sub master device.
-

HINT:
This code may be recorded depending on the battery condition or engine start voltage even if no failure is detected.

CHECK DIAGNOSTIC CODE

Starting diagnostic mode

Turn off the audio system and turn the ignition switch to ACC. While pressing the preset switches ''1'' and ''6'' at the same time, press the ''DISC'' switch 3 times.

HINT:
When the system enters the diagnostic mode, a ''beep'' sound is emitted 3 times and all the elements turn on during the switch check mode.

It takes about 40 seconds to complete the check.

All elements on the LCD will illuminate.

When pressing a switch, confirm that a ''beep'' sound is emitted.

Service check screen

Press the ''SEEK TRACK UP'' switch to enter the ''Service Check Screen''.

In the service check mode, the system check and diagnostic memory check are performed, and the physical address (component code) check results are displayed in the numerical order.

Terms
Meaning

Physical address (component code)
Three-digit code (in hexadecimals) given to each component of AVC-LAN. Individual symbol is provided corresponding to each function.

Logical address
Two-digit code (in hexadecimals) given to each function and component unit in each component of AVC-LAN.

Code No. (physical address) List Code No. (physical address)
Equipment Name

Radio receiver assembly (audio head unit)

Finishing diagnostic mode

Press the ''DISC'' switch for 2 seconds or more, or turn the ignition switch OFF.

Service check mode result display (for checking the current and the past system conditions)

Press the ''SEEK TRACK'' switch to see the check result of each component.

Check result display

Display
Original Language
Meaning
Action to Be Taken

good
Good (normal)
No DTC are detected in both ''System Check Mode'' and ''Diagnostic Memory Mode''.
-

nCon
No connection
System recognized component when it was registered, but component gives no response to ''Diagnostic Mode ON Request''.
Check power source circuit and communication circuit of component indicated by component code (physical address).

ECHn
Exchange
One or more DTCs for ''Exchange'' are detected in either ''System Check Mode'' or ''Diagnostic Memory Mode''.
Go to detailed information mode to check trouble area on DTC list.

CHEC
Check
When no DTCs are detected for ''Exchange'', one or more DTCs for ''Check'' are detected in either ''System Check Mode'' or ''Diagnostic Memory Mode''.
Go to detailed information mode to check trouble area on DTC list.

OLd
Old version
Old DTC application is identified and DTC is detected in either ''System Check Mode'' or ''Diagnostic Memory Mode''.
-

nrES
No response
Device gives no response to ''System Check Result Request'' or ''Diagnostic Memory Request''.
Check power source circuit and communication circuit of component indicated by component code (physical address).

To perform the service check again, press the preset switch ''1''.

Detailed information mode (when displaying the DTC for a trouble component)

With ''CHEC'' or ''ECHn'' being displayed, press the preset switch ''2'' to go to the detailed information mode.

Press the ''SEEK TRACK'' switch to display the ''System Check Result (SYS)'' and ''Diagnostic Memory Response (CODE)''.

Displayed items in detailed information mode

Division Code for DTC Display
Meaning
Order of detailed information displayed when "SEEK TRACK UP" switch is pressed (order is reversed when 'SEEK TRACK DOWN' switch is pressed)

SYS
System check result is displayed
Logical address

DTC

CODE
Diagnostic memory check result is displayed.
Logical address

DTC

Sub-code

Connection confirmation number

Number of times of occurrence

Check the trouble area on the DTC list.

To return to the service check mode, press the preset switch ''3''.

CLEAR DTC

Clearing an individual DTC from memory (when clearing memory of DTCs detected in the past individually)

Press the preset switch ''5'' for 2 seconds or more while ''ECHn'' is displayed in the service check mode or during the detailed information mode.

HINT:
A ''beep'' sound is emitted once when the DTC memory is completely cleared.

When the DTC memory is cleared, only the component code (physical address) is displayed for the target component.

To check DTCs, press the preset switch ''1'' and perform the service check again.

Clearing the entire DTC memory (when clearing memory of all DTCs detected in the past)

Start the diagnostic mode after repairing the trouble area.

Press the preset switch ''5'' for 2 seconds or more (''CLR'' is displayed at this time).

HINT:
A ''beep'' sound is emitted once when the DTC memory is completely cleared.

When the DTC memory for all components is cleared, only the component codes (physical addresses) are displayed.

Press the preset switch ''1'' to perform the service check again, and check that no DTCs are displayed for all of the component codes (physical address).

Finishing diagnostic mode

Press the ''DISC'' switch for 2 seconds or more, or turn the ignition switch OFF.

INSPECTION PROCEDURE

HINT:
This DTC is not related to the malfunction.
olcoolone

Postby bluelux on Sun, 07 Dec 2008 1:25 +0000

thanks fellas, took it to toyota the other day they didnt say much about it , just that they gave the cd player a full reset or something like that. i havnt tried it with cds yet so eill see what happens. cheers
bluelux

Postby Macca on Sun, 07 Dec 2008 1:47 +0000

Mine has error 3 or something like that and the disc part wouldn't work at all.

Replaced the whole thing under warrantee with the same spec unit.

Would have loved the MPS/Bluetooth model but the said about $400 to upgrade.

Better to buy a head unit aftermarket for that money.

And the trapped CD's were returned last Friday.

Macca
Macca

Postby Daz on Sat, 13 Dec 2008 10:13 +0000

I have been through 3 x MP3 players (single disc) so far in my work Hilux. Its a rent a thrash, so Im not going to upgrade. But when I rang Toyota each time they knewthe problem and got another in a few days and fitted

Working on a minesite, it may get a little bit of offroad work, but nothing compared to many other drivers
Daz

Postby jimmi on Fri, 30 Jan 2009 9:15 +0000

Hey guys, I had the error 3 as well, rang toyota darwin, they told me 5 days till it gets there, waited a week and someone forgot to order it. As i was travelling to melb, i kinda got worried as its 3800km drive from darwin, they told me to plug a ipod in for the trip..... i may have given the dealer ship a piece of my mind.
Any way, i was later wiring up spotties, n like a good auto elecy i disconnected the battery.
When i reconnected it the missues reckons she heard the cd stacker do its own thing, so i turned the key on, Whammy the cd player works again.
Turned the key off, then back on n error 3 was back, piece of rent, piece of Sh_t.
so i disconnected battery, reconnected, ejected all, disconnected, wait 5, reconnected, and presto, everything works fine, played all the disc 12hrs a day for 3days so far, and no troubles, Some1 may like to try it out to see if it was a fluke or not, would be good to know.
jimmi

Postby rodw on Fri, 30 Jan 2009 6:56 +0000

Don't expect it to last. I had some intermittent faults before it failed totally (on the first CD i played)
rodw

Postby 9W6VX on Fri, 30 Jan 2009 11:57 +0000

I still haven't got my CD player back from Toyota.

I gave one of their supervisors a blast in no uncertain terms and told them are piss shit in terms of customer service about 2 weeks back.

Coincidentally, Toyota called me today and said that it was ready. Going this coming Monday to reinstall it.

The short story is that when I insisted that I want to speak to the Branch Manager, he wasn't around. I then asked for the second man and he wasn't around too. Bunch of idiots.....

I was then passed to another Executive and when I related my disappointment with Toyota's customer service, he had the bloody cheek to tell me that he wasn't interested in my story and that I was talking to the wrong person and he was in sales and not service. I practically gave him hell over the phone and said that as an a Executive thus at management level he should take ownership of customer issues and ensure that the relevant personnel will look into it.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I am not popular at this Toyota branch but I was just very annoyed with the way they handled the case.
Cheers

Brendon
73 de 9W6VX
9W6VX
Site Admin

Postby Macca on Sat, 31 Jan 2009 4:28 +0000

Glad I don't work for Malaysian Toyota, your starting to scare me....... :o :cry: :shock: :o :cry: :shock:

Some times they need an itch so they will scratch :roll: :roll: :roll:

Macca :twisted:
Macca

Postby 9W6VX on Sun, 01 Feb 2009 4:57 +0000

Right on mate..............

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

We buy their vehicles and just because they practically sell by themselves does not give excuse for poor customer service.

To be honest, I don't think they give a darn anyway. The itch is too small for them to feel it!!
Cheers

Brendon
73 de 9W6VX
9W6VX
Site Admin

Return to Electrical