FYI Recal Notice

News and discussions related to the Hilux brand

FYI Recal Notice

Postby jcarter on Thu, 15 Nov 2007 9:49 +0000

so when the front of my bonnet gets Stone chips, i can now get toyota to replace it or respray it.

I find it very disappointing that they don't thing of these things.
jcarter

FYI Recal Notice

Postby redbeard on Fri, 16 Nov 2007 3:33 +0000

Just got back from Brighton Toyota.
Apparently, if you already have a bonnet protector or buy one when you get the recall done, you are OK. If you try to add one later, thats when you are in strife.
It comes back to them having to drill holes and get all of the filings out of the cavity or they will rust. They did add that putting a bonnet protector on the recalled part takes 1.5 hrs as opposed to .5 hrs normally. Making a fitted protector a lot more expensive.
While I was there they rang Toyota HQ and asked the supposed gurus. They did not even consider the thought that someone may want to add one after the recall. They have said that they will look into potentially thinking about talking to the guy that designs these things and asking him if it is viable to do a new protector for recalled hiluxes. So we should hear about it by the time this website is called oldhilux.net
Anyway, they have my phone number to call me if anything happens. Thing is, heaps of hot chicks have my phone number too and none of them call either...
"Bite off more than you can chew and chew like buggery." Peter Brock
redbeard

FYI Recal Notice

Postby 9W6VX on Fri, 16 Nov 2007 1:53 +0000

redbeard,

I'm also in the same boat with regards to the chicks.

I don't get any calls from hot chicks anymore. Am I too old already?

;) ;) ;)
Cheers

Brendon
73 de 9W6VX
9W6VX
Site Admin

FYI Recal Notice

Postby Uteracer on Mon, 19 Nov 2007 9:11 +0000

This all explains why my hazards dont work when I've got a trailer hooked up. This had me buggered for hours.

I hooked up a CFA trailer the other day and went to test the lights. Hit the hazard button and they just flashed once and that was it. I thought I stuffed up the wiring of both sockets (I've fitted both the round and flat 7 pin sockets to be versatile). So I pulled them all apart, pulled out one of the tail lights and spent all arvo checking my wiring. It was spot on. Plugged the trailer back in. Same drama. Then checked the indicators one at a time and they worked ok. Figured then that there must be a drama with the relay.

Can it be cured by just fitting a larger relay or is it an electronic jigger??

By the way, I've got an ARB Deluxe bar fitted...
Uteracer

FYI Recal Notice

Postby TOMUCH on Mon, 19 Nov 2007 9:18 +0000

You can either fit the Toyo Relay ..(Cost for relay loom $100) or have them fit it ( no cost for loom, $100 for fitting)... that was the options they gave me coz I had an ARB Bar... or you can fit LED type globes to your trailer or front bar... I think the 36 LED is the right one... without actully looking... bu tI think thats right... they are still pretty bright off memory... Cheers TOMUCH
DONT FOLLOW ME ...... YOU WONT MAKE IT !
TOMUCH

FYI Recal Notice

Postby spyroeast on Wed, 12 Dec 2007 2:00 +0000

FYI... I just had my Lux recalled last week and in for a fix today... will post back if they stiffed up the bonnet in anyway...
spyroeast

FYI Recal Notice

Postby jogal on Wed, 12 Dec 2007 5:12 +0000

Just had mine in and they did the bonnet recall and the bullbar wiring and i have a ARB bar and dual battery i thought that was good of them considering i dont have their bar. While it was in there i got them to do a fuel injector service dont know if it was worth it or not $170
jogal

FYI Recal Notice

Postby david allan on Wed, 12 Dec 2007 6:25 +0000

i rang toyota up & they told me that my hilux dosent need the recall coz the problem was rectified
Mines a sept07 build one, does this make sense to you guys
david allan

FYI Recal Notice

Postby camwill69 on Wed, 12 Dec 2007 6:31 +0000

Recall only involves vehicles built before 26 March 07.

Read the recall notice at the top. Thats not meant to sound rude either.

Regards,
Camwill69
camwill69

FYI Recal Notice

Postby oldrev on Wed, 12 Dec 2007 7:39 +0000

i got mine done 2 weeks ago
bonnet job and a new gear stick while they were @ it.
bloody stick was floppin around like a ....... in a sock
cheers ken
oldrev

FYI Recal Notice

Postby Dr Jan Itor on Fri, 14 Dec 2007 4:47 +0000

I had mine done a couple of weeks ago as well. I'm still amazed at how much weight it adds when lifting the bonnet. It's a chunky addition.
Dr Jan Itor

FYI Recal Notice

Postby 9W6VX on Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:46 +0000

Doc,

All the more reason to get bonnet struts then!

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Cheers

Brendon
Cheers

Brendon
73 de 9W6VX
9W6VX
Site Admin

FYI Recal Notice

Postby Doinit on Fri, 14 Dec 2007 6:09 +0000

I finally got my recall notice.

Yikes, it will be a 900km round trip PLUS a day off work to get the bonnet fixed.

I bet Toyota won't reimburse my fuel bill or compensate my day off work.

I've been told that they fit a new relay unit near the orig. battery to fix their electrical stuff up. Apparently this unit cannot be fitted if you have a 2nd battery already fitted! Has anyone had an issue with this?

Cheers
Doinit
Doinit

FYI Recal Notice

Postby whackywombat on Fri, 14 Dec 2007 6:52 +0000

Hey Doinit
Don't worry about the wiring & relay you havn't got a geniune Toyota Bullbar. If you read the recall notice it states if a geniune Toyota Bullbar is fitted the wiring will be fixed. Led globes in the bar fix the problem
WW
whackywombat

FYI Recal Notice

Postby Doinit on Sat, 15 Dec 2007 12:41 +0000

That's just it whackywombat,

Is Toyota only looking after their own Bullbar?

With the ARB on & boat trailer hookup, boat trailer globed blinkers won't work on my Lux but will on another vehicle. Box trailer hookup, trailer leadlight blinkers do work on my Lux.

Toyota recall notice states it will only rewire with relay for a Toyota Bullbar. Yet obviously they have stuffed up with the wiring on the Lux. I'se a bit pizd off . . er . . annoyed about this.

Cheers
Doinit
Doinit

FYI Recal Notice

Postby TOMUCH on Sun, 16 Dec 2007 7:31 +0000

Yeah I was too... and I wanted the fix ...right or wrong.. so they (toyota) fitted it then charged me $100 installation... they said they would provide the relay for free(coz I agrued with them for 20 mins) but the fitting cost a hungy...then they tried to charge me for "FIXING" my AUX Battery earth.. $90.. I told them I did not authorise that and they could bloody well take it off the bill... but anyway.. yeah, the quick fix is to either install LEDs in your bar or trailer... problem solvered... CHeers TOMUCH
TOMUCH

FYI Recal Notice

Postby Rich on Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:08 +0000

Doinit, I have an ARB bar and Toyota did the wiring for the Hazard lights for free. It depends on the person who serves you I think. Maybe ask for the service manager as he has the power to make the decision.
I've seen your Pic, so I dare say with a batter of the eyelids you should be fine...TIC.
I also have dual Batteries and they can still do it as best they can, just takes a bit of initiative on the Mechanics part to find another spot to mount the relay.
I didn't get any recall notices....I may have to see Toyota and fine out what is going on, I may have to somehow update my address details, as I bought the car when I lived in NSW and now I am in QLD...

Rich.
Rich

FYI Recal Notice

Postby StoneySR05 on Tue, 18 Dec 2007 2:07 +0000

G'Day All,

I had the bonnet repair done today and I don't know if I am crazy or not but there appears to be a new rubber seal between the grill and the bonnet. Is this correct or was it there all along?

Carl:-) :-)
StoneySR05

FYI Recal Notice

Postby Doinit on Tue, 18 Dec 2007 9:44 +0000

Yo Rich,

<I have an ARB bar and Toyota did the wiring for the Hazard lights for free.>

Crikeys Rich! You musta wore your fishnets!! 8-)

Last time I tried wearing false eye lashes, I fixed them to my eye lids upside down! All I could say to my girl's night out friends whilst batting my lashes was . . . MMOOOO!!! :o

One shouldn't give a hoot whose Lux it is in a recall notice or whether one looked like an alien, Toyota dealers should fix the wiring problemo regardless what bull/roo bar one had on!

TOMUCH, where did they fit your new relay box 'to fix the problem'. I've been told that it has to be close to the original battery, and that if you have a second battery ie. behind 1st battery, they can't fit it?!. True or false?

Cheers
Doinit
Doinit

FYI Recal Notice

Postby TOMUCH on Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:08 +0000

Doinit, they fitted the relays in front of (kinda next to)the front (original) battery.. they had to take it out, fit the relays, then put the battery back in... they are pretty much out of the way...but a bugger of a spot if I need to get to them in a hurry... not that I envisage having to do that...

Rich... you lucky bugger... you must be one good looking rooster.... Cheers TOMUCH
TOMUCH

PreviousNext

Return to Toyota News