Body lifting toyota genuine Bullbar

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Body lifting toyota genuine Bullbar

Postby Hutchy on Tue, 13 Dec 2011 3:48 +0000

I have a Toyota genuine SR bullbar and was thinking about a body lift, and obviously the bullbar has to come up to match, Done a search and couldn't find any relevant info so.....does anyone make/sell brackets to lift the big girl up to suit a 2" (50mm) body lift?

Cheers,
Hutchy
Hutchy

Re: Body lifting toyota genuine Bullbar

Postby kyle300exc on Tue, 13 Dec 2011 3:57 +0000

Not sure if anyone has done a geniune bar or not, also not sure of the difference between ARB bar mounting versus genuine but here is a link with some advice on doing it
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=4691#p59941
have a read right through the post first ;)
Kyle

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
kyle300exc

Postby Hilux Max on Tue, 13 Dec 2011 5:37 +0000

looking at the genuine bar mounts they look like theyd be alot easier than an arb bar would.

the factory bars pretty much just mount on the edge of the chassis rail - i dont see why a flat 10mm steel plate to act as an adapto with holes both drilled for chassis fitment and trhe bar 2" higher wouldnt work with some bar bracing going back to the sides of the chassis itself.

like i said, just thinkin off the top of me head from memory.
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby Hilux Max on Tue, 13 Dec 2011 5:52 +0000

oops! i just came across some really old designs when i was "planning" on doing this with my arb bar...hopefully it helps some of you.

Below is from left the front of the hilux chassis rail layout, middle is the arb mount plate to suit and on the right was my proposed sandwich/adaptor plate to raise the arb bar 2" higher.

to go along with this idea i took a pic of my then arb bar and tried to work out what else would need doing -

the green highlited section would need to be trimmed off to allow it to go up higher.the bottom hole in red would fit the next hole location up, not sure if this was 1 or 2".....

the other method was to leave the actual mounts as they were and to make a spacer plate at the front of these mounts to raise the bar itself higher -

diagram below is an old dodgy diagram but you get the picture -

spacer plate would look similar to below -

so it'd mount at the bottom to the front of the arb mount itself and raise the bar higher leaving the mounts as is.

the third option i had was to ditch the arb mounts altogether and get some proper pabbed up mounts to suit the bodylift without any of the crush tube area and make it look the part -

so it'd completely replace the arb bar mounts themselves.

hope that helps, im sure there are other ways to do it but these were my 3 first options before i ditched my plans for a bodylift.
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby Hutchy on Tue, 13 Dec 2011 7:04 +0000

cheers fella's i'll give her a good look at tomorrow. :)
Hutchy

Postby Hutchy on Tue, 13 Dec 2011 7:13 +0000

Haha so Max ya didnt end up using any techniques? No body lift?
know any one that used these? :)
Hutchy

Return to Exterior Mods