Any upgrades coming this year?

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Any upgrades coming this year?

Postby Tonym on Wed, 26 May 2010 1:44 +0000

Has anyone heard if there are any upgrades to the hilux this year? Toyota are getting a bit behind in the power stakes what with the new navara hitting the market this week.
Tonym

Re: Any upgrades coming this year?

Postby 7mmsaum on Wed, 26 May 2010 2:09 +0000

I heard that the engine has gained 6kw, and a 100amp alternator.
7mmsaum

Postby Hilux Max on Wed, 26 May 2010 2:17 +0000

There was mention in the Toyota news thread about stability control ebcoming standard towards end of this year.

And I dont think toyota are behind in the power standards....just get gears or a chip and you get more power or the power back.....

power aint everything, and althou it helps at times....the Navaras extra power aint worth shit because the power band is so much smaller than toyotas....
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby camwill69 on Wed, 26 May 2010 3:12 +0000

I have it on very good authority that August will see a price reduction of between $2 and $3k. They are not selling and are overstocked.

See how we go.

Cam
camwill69

Postby Hilux Max on Wed, 26 May 2010 3:16 +0000

They should keep the 2 to 3 grand and throw in twin ARB lockers...you watch that stock decreased within a week!
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby Rich on Wed, 26 May 2010 3:31 +0000

The current shape is 5 years old now. 3 more years max and we will see a whole new shape Hilux....
Rich.
Rich

Postby xrdave on Wed, 26 May 2010 4:42 +0000

Rich wrote:The current shape is 5 years old now. 3 more years max and we will see a whole new shape Hilux....
Rich.

X2
"Some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty. I say “Are you gonna drink that?”
xrdave

Postby hoges1974 on Wed, 26 May 2010 6:01 +0000

camwill69 wrote:I have it on very good authority that August will see a price reduction of between $2 and $3k. They are not selling and are overstocked.

See how we go.

Cam

Where are you mate ????

4 month wait on a turbo diesel at the moment
hoges1974

Postby pootrol on Wed, 26 May 2010 6:05 +0000

hilux has a formula that keeps there resale up. body shape doesnt change every 1-2 years, they are renowned for good reliability which means not the most powerful but the most sensible, there body shape doesnt even change dramatically from model to model, and power isnt every thing. a bloke was telling me how much more grunt his d40 has and he couldnt justify so much more money on something that looks like the model before it. my missus has a murano which id say is near the same donk as a d40 and while its a rocket (old person sport car) its not good for a work / utility/ work
See my face book page at. Custom canopies.
pootrol

Postby Hilux Max on Wed, 26 May 2010 7:05 +0000

Rich wrote:The current shape is 5 years old now. 3 more years max and we will see a whole new shape Hilux....
Rich.

i doubt you'll see a new shape....i reckon the cabin will stay the same but new panels infront of cabin and drivetrain upgrades.....
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby camwill69 on Thu, 27 May 2010 3:49 +0000

hoges1974 wrote:
camwill69 wrote:I have it on very good authority that August will see a price reduction of between $2 and $3k. They are not selling and are overstocked.

See how we go.

Cam

Where are you mate ????

4 month wait on a turbo diesel at the moment

Hoges,
I am in Qld and was told yesterday that I could have any combo in any colour before the end of the week. He had 12 in stock and more coming.

PM me for the stealers details if you need them.
camwill69

Postby MADDOG on Thu, 27 May 2010 6:20 +0000

mmaaxx wrote:i doubt you'll see a new shape....i reckon the cabin will stay the same but new panels infront of cabin and drivetrain upgrades.....

When you say " i 'reckon' there will be drivetrain upgrades". What drivetrain upgrades do you 'reckon' there will be? :)
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
MADDOG

Postby Rich on Thu, 27 May 2010 7:05 +0000

I think there was quite a big change between the old shape and this one when introduced in 2005.

The Hilux grew quite a bit in length. I don't know how people can say it looks the same as the old shape.....everyone was saying how 'American' it looks and how it was ugly and they did not like it etc etc...No one had seen anything like it. I don't think it resembled the old shape either inside or out.

Most of these same people now say how good it looks....
Anyway, there will have to be drivechain changes to keep up with the competition....They will have to go to 5 or 6 speed Autos, Update the Motors (put the (Prado) DVVT 4.0 motor in the petrol hilux), offer traction control or factory diff locks and more of the features the Prado (and triton etc) has now for the next Model Hilux. Otherwise people like me won't buy them as dual purpose (4WD and family) vehicles. That is where a lot of the market is.
Remember when the current model was released in 2005, it had the most features and led the way for the ute sector....they will be like that again with the next model in late 2012, that is what happens with competition, always continually overtaking each other.
Rich
Rich

Postby 7mmsaum on Thu, 27 May 2010 9:03 +0000

Copied from a unichip article....

Toyota spent some time making small changes to their Hilux model to increase the performance from the year before. The 2010 Hilux had the ability to go 24HP more than the 2009 model and went from 0-60mph 2.5 seconds faster. For a pickup, those changes were enough to put a smile on some people’s faces. For those other people, well, we have a solution for them as well.

It’s not everyday you have the chance to see a tuned pick-up, but Unichip has prepared a tuning package for the Toyota Hilux. While in its standard version the Hilux develops a total of 155 HP. Unichip has raised that output to a total of 180 HP. The peak torque has also been increased to 400 Nm at just 3000 rpm.

The Hilux 3.0 D4D Uni-Q comes pre-programmed with the specially developed ECU map settings for fueling and turbo boost settings, making for an easy and quick performance enhancement proposition – it’s simply a case of ‘plug, play and drive away.

The U-Connect package is applicable to all Toyota Hilux 3.0-litre D-4D models with the part number PPTOY15.1 and were produced from 2005 onwards. The price for the package is £465.30.
7mmsaum

Postby Tonym on Thu, 27 May 2010 4:38 +0000

7mmsaum wrote:Copied from a unichip article....

Toyota spent some time making small changes to their Hilux model to increase the performance from the year before. The 2010 Hilux had the ability to go 24HP more than the 2009 model and went from 0-60mph 2.5 seconds faster. For a pickup, those changes were enough to put a smile on some people’s faces. For those other people, well, we have a solution for them as well.

It’s not everyday you have the chance to see a tuned pick-up, but Unichip has prepared a tuning package for the Toyota Hilux. While in its standard version the Hilux develops a total of 155 HP. Unichip has raised that output to a total of 180 HP. The peak torque has also been increased to 400 Nm at just 3000 rpm.

The Hilux 3.0 D4D Uni-Q comes pre-programmed with the specially developed ECU map settings for fueling and turbo boost settings, making for an easy and quick performance enhancement proposition – it’s simply a case of ‘plug, play and drive away.

The U-Connect package is applicable to all Toyota Hilux 3.0-litre D-4D models with the part number PPTOY15.1 and were produced from 2005 onwards. The price for the package is £465.30.

These engine upgrades of 24hp were not available here in OZ there has been no change to the D4D since 2006. You must be in Pommy land where you have a different top of the line model to us with a lot more up market features and are made in a different manufacturing plant.
What I would like to know is there going to be an engine/drive train upgrade this year ie 2010. Nissan and Mitsubishi have upped the power out put of their diesels and maybe power is not every thing to some people and diff locks are but I dont use my Hilux off road so I want a family oriented ute that has some upmarket features for the money I outlay to buy it. That means more power and a modern auto box and proper brakes(which none of the OZ utes have) and all the safety features that $60K should buy. Personally I dont want to have to buy a ECU upgrade to get more power when it should have more from the manufacturer. Its good to see these things available though as some people will want to upgrade and personalise their vehicle.
In the news forums some one mentions if they wait till September they will get 17" wheels and some other upgrades but i have not heard anything about this, has anyone heard this?
Tonym

Postby 4wd26 on Mon, 05 Jul 2010 5:59 +0000

Just bumping this up.

Is there any news/ speculation on 2010 update.

Been mentioned traction control/ stability control. Trying to sort out fact from myth.

Going to be visiting the dealers this weekend to check out my options for a upgrade.
4wd26

Postby H20PRF on Wed, 07 Jul 2010 9:16 +0000

I have a mate that works for TOYOTA in Thailand and is high up the Food Chain,

1. The new Stereo SATNAV will be the same as the EURO Spec Invincible, Eclipse will no longer be doing them.

2. PLZ dont hold me too this one but ive been told by a reliable source from Toyota Thailand, that the NEW Hilux in very late 2012 will HAVE Independent rear Suspension with Coils and he has no Doubt that this will be the case.
TC/SC standard across the board as in the INvincible in the UK.

Cheers

Daz
H20PRF

Postby camwill69 on Thu, 08 Jul 2010 2:51 +0000

Don't tell me we have converted you Selwyn? Are you going to move over to a real truck?

Cam
camwill69

Postby premier on Thu, 08 Jul 2010 4:45 +0000

H20PRF wrote:I have a mate that works for TOYOTA in Thailand and is high up the Food Chain,

1. The new Stereo SATNAV will be the same as the EURO Spec Invincible, Eclipse will no longer be doing them.

2. PLZ dont hold me too this one but ive been told by a reliable source from Toyota Thailand, that the NEW Hilux in very late 2012 will HAVE Independent rear Suspension with Coils and he has no Doubt that this will be the case.
TC/SC standard across the board as in the INvincible in the UK.

Cheers

Daz

I heard exactly the same thing about the IRS
2011 SR Extracab, ROH trojen wheels, Cooper tyres
premier

Postby 4wd26 on Thu, 08 Jul 2010 4:53 +0000

camwill69 wrote:Don't tell me we have converted you Selwyn? Are you going to move over to a real truck?

Cam

Just got to keep my options open- especially in regard to the power (size of engine) for towing and 4wding.

BTW- I've actually owned more toyota 4x4's (petrol 80 series and diesel 105 series) than Mitsubishi. ;)
4wd26

Next

Return to General Discussion