Door Card Removal

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Door Card Removal

Postby essex4x4 on Fri, 20 Apr 2007 9:43 +0000

Is there a certain way to remove the door card??? I took the two screws out (door handle and one on arm rest bit) then take the black cover off, then the popper under there and i cant find any other bit it doesnt want to come off and i dont want to break it, is there a certain way to do it?? I only want to change my speakers! Cheers, Matt
essex4x4

Door Card Removal

Postby Dave on Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:55 +0000

Door card? the inside panel?

pop the elec window panel and unplug, unscrew and remove finger holder (bit you open and close the door with), remove the screw from the inside handle bit and remove the black triangle bit up the top left hand corner of the door (the bit where the mirror is) by pulling at it on either sides, then you should be set to pop the plugs around the outside of the door, easier if you pull at the bottom parts first then the rest will pop off quite easily, sometimes you may need to use a large flathead screwdriver to wrench it off at the bottom to start it...... this little guide is from my limited memory, hope it helps :)
Dave
Site Admin

Door Card Removal

Postby essex4x4 on Sat, 21 Apr 2007 8:59 +0000

thanks very much dave, didnt want to do it as i thought incase i broke it or snapped anything. Thanks once again, cheers, Matt
essex4x4

Return to General Discussion