Body Lift components

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Body Lift components

Postby defect on Fri, 18 Aug 2023 12:53 +0000

Hi,

Apologies if this is covered, but I can not seem to find any recent information that suits my question.

I am looking to get a vmn 2 inch body lift on my 2014 n70 hilux. From my research i have found that i will need:

- extended brake line
- extended breather hose
- 2 inch raise bullbar brackets
- steering shaft extended
- radiator drop?

Please let me know if there is anything else.
defect

Re: Body Lift components

Postby Rob_Wood on Fri, 18 Aug 2023 5:02 +0000

defect wrote:Hi,

Apologies if this is covered, but I can not seem to find any recent information that suits my question.

I am looking to get a vmn 2 inch body lift on my 2014 n70 hilux. From my research i have found that i will need:

- extended brake line
- extended breather hose
- radiator drop?

Radiator drop? Or engine mounts?
I'm often wrong, but this process doesn't sound like the 2" lifts I've heard of before.
Rob_Wood

Postby defect on Fri, 18 Aug 2023 5:13 +0000

Rob_Wood wrote:
defect wrote:Hi,

- extended brake line
- extended breather hose
- radiator drop?

Radiator drop? Or engine mounts?
I'm often wrong, but this process doesn't sound like the 2" lifts I've heard of before.
I thought radiator drop was common for body lifts, not suspension.
defect

Postby Rob_Wood on Fri, 18 Aug 2023 8:09 +0000

Okie then, just to clarify ... When you say "Body Lift" I'm guessing you're talking about a lift of the shell off the chassis and not a suspension lift. If this is the case then I am not the one to ask and I apologise for wasting your time. If however you're talking about a suspension lift, then I remain confused about what you've discussed.
Rob_Wood

Postby 241steve on Sat, 19 Aug 2023 6:43 +0000

Where you get it certified might be the place to ask.
241steve

Postby hiluxxury on Sat, 19 Aug 2023 8:03 +0000

Or contact VMN directly.
I might be wrong.

2005 SR Hilux 1KD - SOLD
2009 BMW X5 - destroyed by a hail storm
2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 - SOLD
2015 Ford Ranger
hiluxxury

Postby dave g on Mon, 21 Aug 2023 4:28 +0000

Talk to your engineer how is going to do the paperwork or you will have more then a defect to worry about if you have a accident and if you putting on big wheels and tyres there is more paperwork and dollars
Not worth the money it's going to cost you. The car will handle shit.
dave g

Postby typhoeus on Wed, 13 Sep 2023 5:40 +0000

I put 2 inch poly blocks in my 1998 Hilux. I dropped the radiator 2 inches, by redrilling the mounting holes in the radiator support panel, raised the bull bar by doing similar. The brake lines have a coiled section near the chassis where the flexible line joins, this is to permit movement when the chassis/ body flexes. i was able to stretch the coils easily to accommodate the 2 inches needed. My breather hoses have heaps of slack and nothing was required for them. i had ti release a couple of wiring clips to relieve tension on the wiring. the steering column only requires loosening the bolt on the splined section at the steering box end and then retightened
The vehicle did not handle any worse than it did before, altho i did not fully load it up. i ended up taking the blocks out, as my other half has bad knees and had difficulty in getting in and out ( okay we are old, right) I only found out that body lifts required certification 6 months after i installed it, and about 1 month after i removed it. I was never stopped for it tho. still got the poly blocks if anyone is interested.
typhoeus

Postby defect on Sun, 24 Sep 2023 12:54 +0000

typhoeus wrote:I put 2 inch poly blocks in my 1998 Hilux. I dropped the radiator 2 inches, by redrilling the mounting holes in the radiator support panel, raised the bull bar by doing similar. The brake lines have a coiled section near the chassis where the flexible line joins, this is to permit movement when the chassis/ body flexes. i was able to stretch the coils easily to accommodate the 2 inches needed. My breather hoses have heaps of slack and nothing was required for them. i had ti release a couple of wiring clips to relieve tension on the wiring. the steering column only requires loosening the bolt on the splined section at the steering box end and then retightened
The vehicle did not handle any worse than it did before, altho i did not fully load it up. i ended up taking the blocks out, as my other half has bad knees and had difficulty in getting in and out ( okay we are old, right) I only found out that body lifts required certification 6 months after i installed it, and about 1 month after i removed it. I was never stopped for it tho. still got the poly blocks if anyone is interested.

Thank you so much mate
defect

Return to General Discussion