2000 hilux stock height

2000 hilux stock height

Postby mudduck on Tue, 17 May 2011 5:51 +0000

hey everyone

got a efs 2inch lift kit put in my car the other week and the front looks lower then what it did when i first took it in.
just wondering if anyone can tell me what height for the front from the centre of the hub to the guard lip is at stock?
and what it should be after th lift! i know that being efs you cant get a full 2inch lift but i have been told u can get 52mm rear and about 45mm front..

also there is 65mm different between the front and the rear is that right?? shouldnt it only be like 7mm if you can get 45front and 52rear?

mine is currently sitting at
front 550mm
rear 615mm

thanks heaps
mudduck

Re: 2000 hilux stock height

Postby fgk228 on Tue, 17 May 2011 6:33 +0000

dont for get when comparing heights from front to rear, the wheel arches are not the same so your 65mm difference is not accurate. with ifs you are far more capable off road with you torsion bars not wound up. this allows the front wheels to maintain contact with the ground, especially when going up hill has the car leans back you still have travel left.

wait a little while for the leave to settle (it took mine awhile) placing weights in the truck accelerate this. then load you car up with your intended load, then take another look. No point having it level unloaded the the back sitting lower when loaded. Make sense? Also its far better to have the front lower than the back.

if you still would like the front higher i have seen 1inch ifs spacers around for about $200 or you could wined your torsion bars up as well if you not happy but as said before not really going to improve things.

to get proper lift heights you need to measure the truck before and after the lift.

i would measure mine but it has a lift in it also. My ifs sits about 20mm from the lower bump stop.

Did this answer your question?
fgk228

Postby mudduck on Tue, 17 May 2011 6:52 +0000

Thanks heaps for the reply mate.

I'll try find some sand bags to put in the back to try and weigh it down to help settle the rear already. The kit has been in there for about 2weeks and the front was nice and high when i first picked it up but they turned the torsion bars up too high and popes the front shocks so they replaced the shocks and wound the front back down but it looks heaps lower then my old saggy shocks.

They also said that when the rear drops a bit it will lift the fronts up as the higher the rear the lower the front is... Is that true??

Thanks so much for the reply and help
mudduck

Postby fgk228 on Tue, 17 May 2011 9:02 +0000

ill try and get some measurements for you but it, wont be for a week or so as my bell housing has a bolt through the side of it luckly under warranty.

if you are in sydney i use total care 4wd. its in seven hills very good guys, dont bull shit and have answered any questions that ive had.

when i do my measurements i have 15inch rims but keep in mind i have after market flares that drop the arch alittle.

take a look at your bump stops, mine is sitting 20mm from the lower bump stop and on level ground the arms are almost level if not sightly raised. you should post a pic on the form, that will help alttle. always include other information like auto, manual, what engine , duel cab or single etc as they have different weights and even sr5 cause of the flairs affecting the measurements and what springs and shocks.

i think the usual cost to get the tb wound up is about 70bucks with wheel alignment.

i dont think that my front lifted from the back settling, and i remember the rear leaves were pretty tall when i first got it.the hiluxs are pretty nose heavy empty.

if your bump stop is about 20mm gap as i said before thats pretty much on the money, you can go higher but it will be for looks. if it is at 20mm gap then just wait to see if you like it when every thing settles. if you dont have the 20mm gap ask them to fix it or consider changing workshop.

hope it helped

nice to see some older gen luxs getting around on here
fgk228

Postby mudduck on Tue, 17 May 2011 9:11 +0000

Thanks heaps mate that would be grate, im in SA

I'll measure the gap between the bottom bump stop and have a look that way. I think it looks so low also cause I've seen it how they had it wound up the first time and that was almost level to the rear. How much difference is between your front and rear height? Yours looks heaps higher then mine does atm, I'll get some photos up tomoz night as I don't have a photobucket account.

Also it's a dual cab manual sr5 turbo diesel..

Ps sorry to hear about the lux lucky it's under warrenty

If it's not right on the money then I will be leaving them behind and going for a new shop...

The first time I got it back it was sooooo high at the front, also when both front shocks popped it was pushing really hard up against the top bump stop
mudduck

Postby 9W6VX on Tue, 17 May 2011 10:08 +0000

Moving to pre 2005 suspension section.
Cheers

Brendon
73 de 9W6VX
9W6VX
Site Admin

Return to Suspension