OME Inter Leaf Liner Kits

OME Inter Leaf Liner Kits

Postby HardCharger on Thu, 19 Jan 2012 12:27 +0000

Hi All!

Has anyone had to replace their inter lear liners already? I recently had a persistent creaking / squeaking from the rear leafs even after greasing up the shackles and the pin. After consultation with the local ARB guy, he said that the inter leaf liners were probably work and that I would have to get 2 packs, 1 for each leaf spring and they would install and grease them as well.

Turns out these inter leaf liners were just polyurethane discs and there are about six to a pack. But when they went about installing them, they only installed 2 per leaf spring, one at the pin side and one at the shackle side. The old ones were almost gone with one side missing one already. While this helped quiet things down, there is still a bit of noise. According to the tech, they will just spray some WD-40 to get rid of the noise. Now I'm thinking that since they didn't pull down the leaf springs, is it possible that there may be more inter leaf liners in the packs somewhere? Anyone do this service before? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

The vehicle in question is a 1998 Toyota HiLux (LN166).

Thanks in advance!
HardCharger

Re: OME Inter Leaf Liner Kits

Postby 9W6VX on Fri, 20 Jan 2012 11:12 +0000

I had OME leaf spring in my old Isuzu Bighorn aka Jackaroo and the interliner at at both ends of the leaf spring if I remember correctly.

Also wash off any sand or mud from the leaf springs as they create all those creaking/squeaking noise.
Cheers

Brendon
73 de 9W6VX
9W6VX
Site Admin

Re: OME Inter Leaf Liner Kits

Postby HardCharger on Fri, 20 Jan 2012 1:32 +0000

Thanks! I'll try cleaning the leafs with water once I get the rig back up on stilts or once the opportunity presents itself.

As for the liners, the weird thing is that the ARB books say you need a pack per leaf so I bought 2 but only needed 4 pieces. According to the tech, some leafs have more liners than others so I guess this means my liner replacement is complete and I have spares to last me for the next couple of years.
HardCharger

Return to Suspension