What wheel setup do you run?

Need something to get you rolling?

What wheel setup do you run?

Postby RonBacardi8 on Sat, 24 Sep 2011 11:12 +0000

Hi fellow hilux owners.

This is for all members who are thinking about changing their tyre and wheel setup.
I have looked thru a lot of other topics but none really have everything in one subject, they seem to only talk about gear ratios or trimming.
:idea:
If everyone could post what setup they run and if they have any pros or cons from their setup, for example if you upgraded to 33' tyre (and if its A/T or MUDDIES) and if you had too change your diff ratios or trim. This would help others in working out what avenue to take.

I will start with my setup:
My current setup is 31" AT Pierilli scorpions on the SR5 rim with standard diff ratios. I have installed front locker.
These tyres are very quiet on the highway and are very capable on sand, rock and awesome on gravel but lak in the mud a bit.

Im going to get another set on wheels and tyres, currently thinking :?: about getting 32" MUDs on a 15 after market rim (depending on what others post about a similar setup).

Cheers
RonBacardi8

Re: What wheel setup do you run?

Postby 9W6VX on Sun, 25 Sep 2011 1:10 +0000

Hmmm..... I am sure if you go through the individual thread you will find your answer.

You will have to do lots of reading though.............. ;)

Try that buddy and jump on to any of the existing threads if you have any questions.
Cheers

Brendon
73 de 9W6VX
9W6VX
Site Admin

Return to Tyres & Wheels