hello from central vic

hello from central vic

Postby amitch888 on Sat, 31 Jul 2010 1:39 +0000

Well been on this site a while now, keeping reasonably quiet, done a massive amount of reading! The amount of info on here is unreal, not sure if this is good thing as its killing my bank account! :shock: lol I bought my 2005 d4d manual hilux back in feburary with only basic plans for an arb bullbar and some lightforce driving lights which is what brought me here, trying to wire those shits of things up, thought i was finished till i turn the lights off, those who have done it will understand........ so after a lot of reading and the interest growing over time I added a few more things to hilux, 31 cooper stt mud tyres, flares, uhf,old man emu lift, tray, arb compressor, snorkel, dog cage and the list is still growing (as the bank account shrinks :oops: ). Hopefully in the next month or two I will add air lockers in atleast the rear, maybe the front, also a sprint booster, some sort of chip, still deciding on which one :?: and a body lift to try fit in some larger tyres, maybe play with the gearing. Only a dream but a SAS would be awsom, right after i win tattslotto i guess. In the next few weeks i might get motivated and start a build thread, try my hardest to make it half as interesting as others on here!

Everyone on here does an unreal job for the amount of info on here and the work that goes into it, not to mention the laughs on here are priceless :D

Mitch
FCCW
Mitch's Build

Education is what you get when you read the fine print, experience is what you get when you don't.
amitch888

Re: hello from central vic

Postby 9W6VX on Sat, 31 Jul 2010 8:53 +0000

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks.
Cheers

Brendon
73 de 9W6VX
9W6VX
Site Admin

Postby Shaker on Sat, 31 Jul 2010 10:03 +0000

:lol: Mate you've been corrupted due to exposure to this forum. I visit this forum daily and yes there is a lot of good information here, some of it is essential, but as you say, limitations are only as restrictive as your bank account and you have to justify your needs in certain things. Keep in mind the legal aspects or your modifications. Consider if your caught out, it could cost you and put a stop to what you intended to do. There is much information on lifting suspension and so on, but do be careful as there are physical limitations and dangers on how far you can go with it unless your willing to throw big bickies at it and obtain engineer certificates etc.

With that said, welcome and keep in touch.

Regards,

Shaker.
Shaker

Postby amitch888 on Sat, 31 Jul 2010 1:44 +0000

Yer its not hard to get carried away thats for sure, especially when i find myself on this site almost everyday :oops: , but i try my hardest to jusify these things to myself lol Im willing to through dollars into it over time, generally keep my vehicals a long time so I think its worth it. As for engineers certifacates and legal aspects ive been touch with couple of people to help get this done when the time comes, biggest problem is the wheels and tyres/ offsets and so on. In the end the hilux will be built up to suit my needs, play, work, play, family and play :evil:
FCCW
Mitch's Build

Education is what you get when you read the fine print, experience is what you get when you don't.
amitch888

Return to Introductions