Hi from QLD Australia

Hi from QLD Australia

Postby Caleb on Sun, 06 Sep 2009 9:55 +0000

Hello everyone, I would just like to introduce my self.
My name is caleb, and Im an 18yo from stanthorpe QLD Its kinda the country.
I love the looks and power of the new hilux, But I don't actually own one yet.
I have had a look at a few SR kun26R's at Toyota, But there is one thing I want to know.
being a young bloke and being into the car scene, I like my audio system.
But I couldnt find anywhere to put some slim line subwoofers in the car
is there anywhere where I can put some and still have room for 5 people ?
thanks and Hi to everone lol
Caleb

Re: Hi from QLD Australia

Postby 9W6VX on Sun, 06 Sep 2009 4:19 +0000

Welcome to newhilux.

Do a search as I remember we have members here who have installed sub woofers into the Hilux.
Cheers

Brendon
73 de 9W6VX
9W6VX
Site Admin

Postby Diegothecat on Sun, 06 Sep 2009 6:58 +0000

Im guessin that its a dual cab??

im pretty sure u can put them under the seats, might feel a bit funky when for the rear pasengers but it should still sound good. Im not too sure as i have a space cab with a 12" behind the drivers seat in a removal box.
Speed Safely
Diegothecat

Postby Pirate Pete on Sun, 06 Sep 2009 8:27 +0000

I'm pretty sure someone on here has a setup with speakers behind the seats in a dual cab.

Like what has already been said do a search.
Pirate Pete

Postby rodw on Sun, 06 Sep 2009 8:45 +0000

Caleb, I spent a bit of time in Stanthorpe and built a house there in the early 90's. It is a nice part of the world...

I'm not up on subs but I have an amp and laptop and a heap of stuff behind the rear seat. Some have been able to stuff a bazooka up there I think, but you should be able to build a slimline cabinet. You will find some pics in my buildup. There is not much space though, only about 4-5" at the widest point down the bottom. There is a seat modification some have done so the back of the rear seat folds forward to access stuff. I have not done it, but wish I had. Now i think it will be too hard for me to get he seat back out to do the mod as I would have to unmount everything to get the seat back far enough to slide it off the mounts. Some others have used the storage holes under the rear seat. Probably the best sound system build on the forum is by Davis.16 but he had an extra cab. Check his thread out anyway. Somebody posted pics of the speaker adapters we get from the USA off ebay for about $30 landed just the other day. They make life much easier....
rodw

Postby Caleb on Mon, 07 Sep 2009 10:24 +0000

Thanks for all Your replies, and sorry I should have added, Yes it is a duel cab, but I will do a search on it.
RodW, Yes stanthorpe is a very nice place, I love the cold, and it beats the brisbane summers. But I wish there was more to do for a young bloke lol. But the better thing is Rover Park is only 40 Mins down the road.
thanks all.
Caleb

Return to Introductions