Drews Build. For Sale !!

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Drews Build

Postby Drew on Thu, 16 Jul 2009 6:53 +0000

I used the ARB tray then made a mount myself to hold the delphi filter and piranah
Im not stuck..... Im thinking
Drew

Postby Drew on Fri, 17 Jul 2009 7:38 +0000

Oh and i have also got the fabtechs back from being revalved nice ans soft now rides beautiful. And i couldnt resist puting another pic of them in cause they look so good :P

Drew

Postby Quinny34 on Fri, 17 Jul 2009 7:46 +0000

Yep... Drew.. they look awesome.... Glad you're happy with the rusults you've gotten.....

At the end of the day... no matter what ute or style your own... its important to be happy wiht what you've got and what you've modified....
FCCW
Application for G##C membership REVOKED
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Drew on Fri, 17 Jul 2009 8:56 +0000

Too right quinny and you only have to look at all the sheds on here and how different peoples trucks are and the great idears, we can all pinch from each other ..... i know ive pinched a few :D
We all do different things with out trucks and want different things from them as they say its not how many inches you have its how you use them :D :D :D :D
Drew

Postby rodw on Sat, 18 Jul 2009 5:54 +0000

Drew

Just catching up with your electricals. Looks good. I'd be interested to see where you mount the distribution block. I hould have patented my design but hell that's why I posted it up, so others can benefit from one good idea...

The top plate on the battery mount (that holds the battery down) is quite different to my ARB one. Does it mount to the mudguard as well as the battery?

ARB must have a new design to give a bit more strength to the battery tray mounting system. Interesting.
rodw

Postby Drew on Sun, 19 Jul 2009 5:59 +0000

Hehehehe no rod i bought a pirahna tray first but id didnt have the plate up the side so i could mount the delphi easily well more easily lol. But the arb top plate looked cheap and crapy compared to the piranah one lol so i went with that. So you'll see the piranah tray on ebay soon with an arb top plate lol Oh and the piranah cost $180 over the ARB $140
Drew

Postby rodw on Sun, 19 Jul 2009 6:05 +0000

Drew wrote:Hehehehe no rod i bought a pirahna tray first but id didnt have the plate up the side so i could mount the delphi easily well more easily lol. But the arb top plate looked cheap and crapy compared to the piranah one lol so i went with that. So you'll see the piranah tray on ebay soon with an arb top plate lol Oh and the piranah cost $180 over the ARB $140

I should read more. I saw you had an ARB tray.
rodw

Postby Drew on Sun, 19 Jul 2009 6:21 +0000

Im going to prety much copy you rod lol with the fuse blok as thats the only bit of space left lol
Drew

Postby rodw on Sun, 19 Jul 2009 7:32 +0000

Drew wrote:Im going to prety much copy you rod lol with the fuse blok as thats the only bit of space left lol

No worries mate. Just hope we don't blow a factory fuse in the box below it. I have not yet, but I reckon the lid might be abit hard to get off mine... But yes, no spare room anywhere on the left side
rodw

Postby Drew on Fri, 24 Jul 2009 5:00 +0000

Well finaly the compressor is in and working. I will be puting a standard connection on the compressor and hose instead of the little american one it comes with, apart from that the install was pretty straight forward and im one step closer to Lockers lol.

The only space i had left was on the drivers side, so to copy shane 308 lol thats where it went. Took the inner plastic guard off so i could get up in behind the engine bay wal to get the nuts and backing plate on.

I ran some bigger split the conduit to fit a few of the othe cables i had there into one instead of 4 smaller ones.

Heres a tip, i use a coat hanger to poke thru the gronet in the firewall, it works well because its sharp to poke thru and then i crimp the end arround over the wire to hold it and stop it slipping out. Then just wrap some tape arround it and spray on some 556 wd40 etc and its too easy.

Done

Drew

Postby rodw on Fri, 24 Jul 2009 7:35 +0000

Drew, the number of wires I have poked through firewalls over the years with coat hanger wire or something similar just like you have done in these pics and I never even thought to add a bit of lubrication! Great idea and the finished product looks great mate.
rodw

Postby Drew on Fri, 24 Jul 2009 7:51 +0000

LoL yeh same here rod, but the amount i have done in the past few weeks a lil light bulb just went on oneday and ive never looked back lol cant belive the difference it made. And you only have to spray it on the first 15-30cm
Drew

Postby rodw on Fri, 24 Jul 2009 8:06 +0000

Ah well next time I will try some spray on silicone I have got here, but rather hoping I won't need to for a while.

So are you changing your tag line to:
Its not how many inches you have its how you use them and the lubricant you choose
:lol: :lol:
rodw

Postby Drew on Fri, 24 Jul 2009 9:02 +0000

HAHAHA yeh spray a little 5.56 on it... the mrs dosent like it but i love the smell HHAHAAHA :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Drew

Postby Squid_87 on Wed, 05 Aug 2009 7:00 +0000

rodw wrote:Drew, the number of wires I have poked through firewalls over the years with coat hanger wire or something similar just like you have done in these pics and I never even thought to add a bit of lubrication! Great idea and the finished product looks great mate.

I know how you feel lads. I cant believe I've never thought of it either. Oh the pain and struggling!
Cheers,
Luke

08/05 SR single cab, heavy duty steel tray, steel canopy with vinyl sides and mozzie net, Dobinsons 2in lift, ECB big tube alloy bar, Nitestalker 100w spotlights, 55w under tray reverse spotlights, 31x10.5 Maxxis Bighorns on 15x7 Sunraysias
Squid_87

Re: Drews Build... Steinbauer is in

Postby Drew on Sat, 08 Aug 2009 9:00 +0000

Well what more could you want a week away shooting pigs and got a steinbauer fitted while i was at it lol.
Just got back from the annual pig shooting trip with the boys, so while i was away i had organised with the blokes at diesel care to get a steinbauer unit fitted and dyno done. The week back south was good down thru rocky, banana, miles and on to goondiwindi. Been a few years since i lived there so it was good to catch up with old mates. Even though a helicopter shoot had been on 3 weeks earlier and over 800 pigs shot we still managed 10 for the 5 days hunting and 2 days at the pub lol and i could think of worse places to be than walking a river in the scrub with a rifle. The pigs might have been thin on the ground but ive never seen the roos so thick and fat... since russia pulled out of the export market the boxes have closed so with no market the pros arent shooting, and stupid national parks only gives the cockies 100 roo tags for 3 mths when the pro used to shoot and tag 70 a night. They finaly got a good bit of rain for the start of the wheat crop and it looked good but the roos are just destroying it... poor blokes are at their wits end. Anyway we had a good time, took my .22, .223, .308, 30-30 and 12g under over left to 44mag at home as i thought i had enough lol

Plenty of walking, hydration packs are a must and we all carry hand held UHF radios, a great safe bunch of blokes to hunt with... not that we care if we even shoot anything, good scenery, nice rivers and a clay target thrower for the shotties is always fun.

So on the way home as i said i droped into diesel care to get the chip fitted. All no fuss there but problems with their computer meant a detour to diesel care toowoomba for the dyno and fine tuning of the chip.
The printout i got only has the Kw and no touque figure so im not sure what it was although he did say it was a very good increase.
The Kw readout on the dyno dynamics machine with no chip but with 3" exhaust was 86kwAfter the chip was installed and tuned the figure was 104kw
This was with the 305 70 r 16
The increase is very noticable. You can really feel it when over taking, and it pushes you back in your seat arround town, still with good fuel economy.

As you can see in the last pic used sticky velcro to hold the unit and also the trailer wire flasher realay and fuse so i can still get to my main fuse box if needed
Last edited by Drew on Mon, 10 Aug 2009 10:01 +0000, edited 2 times in total.
Drew

Postby rodw on Sun, 09 Aug 2009 5:09 +0000

Sounds like you had a good time mate. Interesting to hear your feedback on the Steinbauer and glad you tallied a few pigs. The Greenies just don't understand that because we have added so much stock water in this country, the roo population is many times larger thna it was before Captain Cook arrived. That Gundy country has always been a problem for crops though. I can remember guys that shoot roos whose, pads on their fet were worn to th ebone becasue they had travelled so far to escape the drought further west. What side of town were you shooting?
rodw

Postby Hilux Max on Sun, 09 Aug 2009 6:10 +0000

Great report Drew....damn you Northern Queenslanders....been hearing for years the feral pig population was in plague proportions in areas......why does Northern Queensland have to be so far away from Victoria? :(

make me jealous....... :evil:

We might not have the pig but we also have an abundance of roos down here....got me 3rd or 4 th tour of roo culling beginning this week. not sure on the number on the permit they are requesting but I have seen the damage they do to properties and it aint good..

damn wish there were more feral pigs round here.....would love to bring home a live baby feral piglet for the daughter and raise it at home.....walk down the street with it on a leash when it grows up...that'd turn some heads...then on the spit at Easter ....woohoo! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:

got any more pig hunting pics?
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby Drew on Sun, 09 Aug 2009 8:45 +0000

HAHA yeh there sure are plenty of them up here, tell you what i noticed on the trip.... if you want to make some money open a bloody caravan shop lol i did 2600kms and must have overtaken 2600 caravans lol. Got a few more pics but the usual story, always carry a camera but dont usualy take any pics lol I dont even have any of my dogs working when i was living down there...

Sure would turn some heads walking a big tusker down the street lol
What alot of people dont understand is even with the drought there are more roos than ever before. Due to the farms cattle dams and crops there is food and water where there was never food or water before. And they can control their birth rate so as soon as the green crop pops up away they go lol Been a while since i was pro shooting, just did it on the weekends for some drinking money lol was pretty good money too 20 roos and 4 pigs on my little rack on a fri night depending on the price would be $400-$600 cash check.

The dogs love it too. When they see you pick up a collar they go mental lol all excited. If i took the quad out without her she would break her chain and catch up to me lol. Mine was a bailer not a biter which was good because she never got hurt. Loves kids and is just like any other pet dog but when she gets a wiff of their scent she is off and tracks them down seperates out the biggest if there is a mob bails and holds it there, i come along and shoot it, not gun shy like some are.

Last edited by Drew on Sun, 09 Aug 2009 7:19 +0000, edited 3 times in total.
Drew

Postby Drew on Sun, 09 Aug 2009 6:45 +0000

Out the western side rod out towards Boomi / Talwood right on the border
Drew

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups