kempy's hilux

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: kempy's hilux

Postby anthony kemp on Thu, 02 May 2013 2:42 +0000

Kris wrote:Looking great Anthony. I installed my Yukon locker a week and a half a go. I used LSD oil in mine, but believe you can use either.
Cheers,
Kris.

good to know... how are you liking the locker .... tested it off road yet?
anthony kemp

Postby Kris on Thu, 02 May 2013 6:58 +0000

From the LSD that was rooted, the locker has made a huge difference on relatively easy terrain. I haven't given it a good test yet. It is a bit of a prick on the street. I think I'll be chewing through rear tyres pretty quick. You have to really baby it around corners or it engages. If it works out this weekend I'll take it for a bit of a play/test.
Kris.
If I had a dog that looked like him, I'd shave it's arse and make it walk backwards.
Kris

Postby anthony kemp on Fri, 03 May 2013 4:39 +0000

yeah i think once you drive it for a while youll change your driving style and wont notice it as much thats what im hoping for anyway. let me know how it goes this weekend if ya head out
anthony kemp

Postby anthony kemp on Fri, 10 May 2013 6:18 +0000

sliders are back from the paint shop and looking sexy... ended up making a set of front mud flaps that bolt onto the sliders that can be easily removed or pinned back when out 4wding. very happy with the results even though they are on the heavy side but i should have no worries using a hi-lift jack on them to lift a whole side up.

also im going to get my new razorback canopy put on next week and didnt like the idea of trying to get it to seal on the herculiner that is on my tub. it took a lot of effort but managed to grind and scrape it off the top edge of the tub and re prime and paint it all smooth. should have no dramas sealing now :D
anthony kemp

Postby jakelux on Fri, 10 May 2013 6:34 +0000

Sliders look pro!
Nice flaps too.. :D ;)
jakelux

Postby dute on Fri, 10 May 2013 8:53 +0000

jakelux wrote:Nice flaps too.. :D ;)

I bet you say that to all the boys Jake, ;)
FCCW

inside Dute's black hole

"Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill"
dute

Postby Kris on Sat, 11 May 2013 4:45 +0000

Kempy, I took the hilux out for a play on the weekend. The locker performed flawlessly. Only a couple of steep short sandy climbs in tight spots and lots of water crossings with thick silty mud to push through. Where I had diff clearence it went great.
The sliders look good mate.
Kris.
If I had a dog that looked like him, I'd shave it's arse and make it walk backwards.
Kris

Postby jakelux on Sat, 11 May 2013 4:51 +0000

dute wrote:

I bet you say that to all the boys Jake, ;)

Boys, girls... Goats.. I don't discriminate :lol:
jakelux

Postby Kris on Sat, 11 May 2013 6:39 +0000

Kempy, I took the hilux out for a play on the weekend. The locker performed flawlessly. Only a couple of steep short sandy climbs in tight spots and lots of water crossings with thick silty mud to push through. Where I had diff clearence it went great.
The sliders look good mate.
Kris.
Kris

Postby anthony kemp on Sat, 11 May 2013 4:17 +0000

i got a slap for complimenting a nice lady like that once hahaha

cheers for the positive feed back i cant wait to test them out... to bad i live in the desert and the closest rocks are 350km away oh well they look tuff :)

good to hear your locker is performing well im getting excited now but im still waiting for mine to rock up. just wondering if i should do it myself or find someone to do it for me.

i put the sliders on today here are some pics
anthony kemp

Postby Mario_ca on Sun, 12 May 2013 7:11 +0000

Nice work. I really like the selfmade stuff !!
Mario, from the land of beer !!

Losing is not an Option !
Mario_ca

Postby anthony kemp on Sun, 12 May 2013 8:07 +0000

Mario_ca wrote:Nice work. I really like the selfmade stuff !!

thanks mate it takes a bit longer but you can make them how you want
anthony kemp

Postby anthony kemp on Tue, 14 May 2013 1:37 +0000

the locker has arrived :twisted:
anthony kemp

Postby Mario_ca on Wed, 15 May 2013 2:01 +0000

anthony kemp wrote:

I know what you mean. I do that on my motorcycles. But on the cars. You will be in so much trouble if you built your own bumpers here in Germany. It is already highly illegal to have the ARB Sahara bar .....

Mario_ca

Postby anthony kemp on Wed, 15 May 2013 3:19 +0000

Mario_ca wrote:
anthony kemp wrote:

I know what you mean. I do that on my motorcycles. But on the cars. You will be in so much trouble if you built your own bumpers here in Germany. It is already highly illegal to have the ARB Sahara bar .....

WHAT?? you cant even have factory made bullbars.. why is that... how about for other mods like tires, suspention lift, body lifts ect
anthony kemp

Postby Hilux Max on Wed, 15 May 2013 12:29 +0000

Laws in Europe state you cannot have any front bars other thna a nudgebar I beleive. Pretty sure there are groups in australia pushing for the same reforms here with the excuse of "pedestrian safety" as thhe reasons....

what about vehicle occupant safety hitting a roo?
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby Mario_ca on Thu, 16 May 2013 2:43 +0000

Hilux Max has the word for it Pedestrian safety. If you have a bull bar the die right away and the don´t live up to the moment they get hit by the diff or rolled over by the rear tires or what so ever.

In Germany mainly, you need to have everything you put on your vehicle checked by an engineer. He needs to write a letter, that this is fine. Then in will get checked by 5 other engineers. That way to make something your own. Put it on the car. It will coast you 10000 Euro to make your own rear bumper. Even the production coast you only 300 dollar of metal.

I was tryiny to find a way of putting in Monster suspension. I was running to every engineer and showed him the pictures of the susp. No chance. If you lift your truck. It is higher than the belly line of an average person, and it will cause major injuries in case of an accident.

I even tried Ultimate Suspension. I cannot even put Koni or Bilstein in without having trouble.

My motorcycle. I have to bring it to vehicle inspection every 2 years. Every 2 years. I start putting everything back in original 2 days before. And after the inspection, i rip it all apart again. But it is kindda hard to do it with a pick up truck !!!

Mario_ca

Postby anthony kemp on Mon, 20 May 2013 6:26 +0000

thats unreal i cant even imagine trying to 4x4 with a stock truck. i live in the desert and do a lot of highway driving were i see a lot of roos, sheep, emus and cows there is no way i would feel safe without a steel bar and decent spotties.

just goes to show we havent got it too bad here and they let us get away with most things.
anthony kemp

Postby anthony kemp on Mon, 20 May 2013 6:38 +0000

well i went all the way to adelaide to get my razorback canopy installed and when i got there they told me the the canopy hasnt arrived yet!!! no phone call saying it wasnt ready yet or anything so that was a wasted 1200km trip for f*ck all. trying to get a track and roof rack setup from razorback for the canopy as compensation.

also picked up a ARB battery tray for $130... not bad seeings all the other ones i was looking at were about $170ish.

got a 9lt camp oven too cant wait to test drive it :D
anthony kemp

Postby Mario_ca on Tue, 21 May 2013 4:36 +0000

Trust me,

i miss the times i lived overseas in Canada. Tryin to imagine what would happen if i just cut of the exhaust of a 85 Chevy with 502 cubic inches here in Germany. I think i would go to jail forever :D :D

We can lift the trucks 4 cm, but only with OME or Koni, but it is a hassle to get it legal. I don´t even wanna know about diff drop kits or anything like it.

Oh well, live is tooooo short to bother about the rules and regulations. I just don´t care and do it anyway. Most of the things at least. As you can see on the pictures.

Mario_ca

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups