tims UK hilux "invincible"

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Postby squeezemetim on Fri, 12 Aug 2011 5:02 +0000

I have been meaning to sort out a thread for my Lux for a long time, most of this is copied and pasted from the UK hilux pickup owners club forum so bear with me :roll:

Just thought I would get this thread rolling, so after messing around with several dturbo peugeots and sucessfully blowing one up :oops: i said to myself " I just need something that will be smart and stop me wanting to mess with it" so I bought the hilux you see before your eyes....

and have since proceeded to start to "mess" with it :roll:

so far i have fitted a CB radio in the ash tray slot and as many have seen in my other thread also fitted a set of [url="http://www.hpoc.co.uk/community/index.php?showtopic=23636"]toyota tweeters and subwoofer[/url]
also got myself an Xcarlink which has bluetooth and ipod connection and plugs straight into the standard tns 600

also managed to get a new aeroklas load liner for the bed, went for an over rail item so i could protect the rail a bit as I will be lugging around tractor tyres/fencing gear etc

[quote name='squeezemetim' timestamp='1301344874' post='300516']
time for a bit of an update

got fed up with not having a rear towing point a while back so i sourced a towbar from "hardtopsuk"

it came nearly well packaged enough...

took ages to get through that lot!!!
anyhow it looked like this:

mid way through dismantling lots of bits (crossed my fingers that the parking sensors didnt explode/break/other parking sensor related complaint

the new towbar does away with this weedy bracket as its built into the towbar in 6mm steel :D

and once bolted up it leaves it looking like this

(including the dangly bit of cable for the electrics, I dont enjoy wiring in tail lights so left it to my mate over at phil taylor towbars in horndean)

and then I had a full set of new hankook RT03 in a certain 265 75 R16 flavour plus my new dakine bike pad finally came in from the US, its a bit big but it will do the job for the moment :roll:

before:

after:

OH and dont forget my new bonnet mascot, best use for an old cb aerial mag mount and a small model cow ever

no i havent gone nuts... honest
squeezemetim

Re: tims UK hilux "invincible"

Postby Henderpig on Fri, 12 Aug 2011 5:08 +0000

Not showing off your shiny new blue shocks tim?
Henderpig

Postby squeezemetim on Fri, 12 Aug 2011 5:12 +0000

I spent 3 hours in the workshop a while back trying to knock up a better front skid plate than Toyotas attempt, which i might add is thinner than a thin thing and has been battered to buggery :roll: its definately more substantial and it may not be as shiny as the shop bought jobbies but its definately waaaaaaaay cooler and probably stronger too

i got impatient and instead of waiting and taking it to get zinc plated I gave it a hefty dose of kurust and put the first coat of massey ferguson sterling silver on

also, i cheated a bit i made part of it out of 6mm checker plate then ran out of checker/decided 6mm checker plate was WAAAAY too heavy to make the whole thing out of!!! and made the rest up out of 3mm sheet, its pretty well braced and shouldnt be a problem, I'm still undecided whether I want to exend the guard all the way up to the front bumper from the foremost guard mount but it can be very easily remedied

after lots of measuring, drawing of designs, messing around,

then with the use of the latest CAD technology

all tacked together

welded from both sides to make it look nice and neat

welds smoothed off and skid plate treated with kurust

1st coat of massey ferguson "sterling silver"

got the new skid plate fitted, took loads of pictures...and promptly lost the SD card :banghead: still, at least it's visible in some of the pics

managed to rip off one of the two remaining mud guards on a bank (mud flaps are overrated anyway :rolleyes: )
with:
without

and promptly went out and played about in my woods with the bikes B)

did you know hiluxes are a pretty good tool for rolling in new jumps..... :thumbsup:

its quite steep getting into my woods..

after this mammoth riding session I decided that since I had all the audio gear from my old cars I would knock something up for the back of the pickup so I could have some serious sounds when I go riding.... it kinda got a bit out of hand here :lol:

so now I have a massive portable (ish, it weighs a bloody ton) sound system thats very very loud and also a power point on the rear of the truck to plumb it into next up a twin battery set up and split charge system, if only toyota would hurry up with the delivery of my second battery tray so i could see how big a brute of a battery I can fit in to run the AUX stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=401yu_36uRc
squeezemetim

Postby squeezemetim on Fri, 12 Aug 2011 5:28 +0000

got some durite LED work lights, and a set of toyota roof bars, very impressed with the LEDs, LED technology has certainly come a long way!!

righto, so after a mammoth drive up to hertfordshire in the pi$$ing rain, i picked up this little bad boy:

which once the blue bit is removed, folds out like so:

AWESOME!!! :D :D

its got a memory foam mattress and its pretty spacious

I HAZ WINDOWZ:

nice and high up:

the mrs seems happy with it:

went out and flexed it up...or should that be cocked a leg :roll:

deffo needs more movement in the rear end but still not bad for a stock LUX.....

then at the end of last month these finally turned up from downsouth motorsports in california :twisted:

so yeah I stuck em on:

which makes the truck look like this:

before:

after:

think I adjusted the coils up too much however as it sounded like the shock was topping out on my rounds checking cows

on another note, found out what the clunking noise is i think, might have forgotten to do up the ARB mounts properly...... :banghead: lost one of the bolts allready :glare:

took some pics today,

also forgot I took these on monday, thought i would stick them up as they include a hilux, the bloke with the semi-auto is my gamekeeper

decided to try a lane i havent been up for a while, quite challenging

looks like this at its worst point...

thats where i slid into the side bank:

tight much :ranting: ...

BUGGER :banghead:

anyways, after this incident I went to the CLA gamefair at Blenheim palace and chanced upon this promo vehicle, cool or what!!!

Image 8-)
squeezemetim

Postby Marshwa on Fri, 12 Aug 2011 6:17 +0000

Awesome stuff mate, great write up and mad pics.

Thanks for sharing!
Marshwa

Postby amitch888 on Fri, 12 Aug 2011 6:22 +0000

Nice lux mate, awsom pics! Keep them coming, throw a few action shots of your bike in aswell!
FCCW
Mitch's Build

Education is what you get when you read the fine print, experience is what you get when you don't.
amitch888

Postby 9W6VX on Fri, 12 Aug 2011 10:36 +0000

Nice.

Thanks for sharing.
Cheers

Brendon
73 de 9W6VX
9W6VX
Site Admin

Postby KTM525EXC on Fri, 12 Aug 2011 11:21 +0000

Looks great buddy, gotta love those kings they look killa 8-)
Great action shots as well :twisted:
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM if it's not orange, its a lemon
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Postby danmcccc on Fri, 12 Aug 2011 11:56 +0000

very nice mate!!!!! finally ive found another lux running hankook dynapro MT!!! woohooo :D
old enough to know better...young enough to not give a f**k

MY KILLER BUILD THREAD
viewtopic.php?t=9235
danmcccc

Postby jakelux on Fri, 12 Aug 2011 4:40 +0000

Great work.. love it!!
jakelux

Postby Luxasaurus on Fri, 12 Aug 2011 10:46 +0000

Nice Lux mate :D

Knew you looked like a rider with the mat over the tailgate, Time to remove the tub and make a comp tray for yourself 8-)
For the tailgaters, If you think im going slow now. Wait till i hit my low gears

GU Patrol ;) 4" Lift 10"F/12"R Fox shocks, TD05 18G Turbo, 33" Bighorns, Rear locked and the usual comfort mods
Luxasaurus

Postby helmut79 on Sat, 13 Aug 2011 6:28 +0000

NIce build mate and great pic's.
Mick
FCCW

“This is anger management......I’m channelling it into something and then I destroy it!”

My Build viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6869

New Member Sandpit viewforum.php?f=83
helmut79

Return to Member Build Ups