Shanno's truck - Baby's got some new shoes!

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Shanno's Sexy Luxy - A-Sure and Seat Net

Postby shanno on Mon, 23 May 2011 7:53 +0000

I definitely look forward to dealing with Matty and his MR team in the future ;) We'll definitely been keen to head out somewhere and check out the tracks. My good mate Mick (other grad geo-you probably know him) is usually keen to go for a drive. Wheres this washout section at Bundoora? Is is near the Grasstree Rd on the way to Nth?
Cheers,
Shanno

My Buildup
shanno

Postby sdrob on Mon, 23 May 2011 8:55 +0000

how do you find the asure stereo, thinking of upgrading my stock one but unsure which way to go, my last hilux i had a single din fold out screen, great unit just didn't like the shaking about.. if you don't mind what do they cost approx??? next question is what type of muffler did you get thinking of doing the same but can't see the worth in a whole system replacement...
would die for for a setup like yours, but as a work car in city car parks it is a no go :(
cheers
sdrob

Postby shanno on Sun, 29 May 2011 3:53 +0000

Cheers mate :)
I find the asure unit pretty awesome hey. I can play tv, dvds, and usb movies on it along with the dual nav system and the reversing camera, which i will have to fit next weekend i think. To be honest I havent really used it to its full potential yet, but over time i should discover more tricks ;) it cost me $560 as part of the group buy i organised.
as for the muffler, i was originally going to just get rid of it completely and replaced it with pipe to make it louder but the bloke talked me out of it so i got it replaced with a sports straight through one, which makes it a bit louder but also keeps it legal.
if you want any more info just give me a yell. more than happy to help :)
Cheers,
Shanno

My Buildup
shanno

Postby MartinWhite on Tue, 31 May 2011 9:50 +0000

Mate, it's near the Bundoora Dam where German Creek Mine is there are 3 entries on your left when you are heading towards Middlemount. take the first one which is closet to Tieri, go across the train tracks and you will see a gate shut. Just before this gate there is a turn off on the right that takes you down through a creek bed then up a step climb with a few different lines to choose from, it has gotten worse since the last time i drove up it, and i didnt want to try it till i had me suspension in so i am trying to get there as soon as possible now that it is in and all alignments have been done
MartinWhite

Shanno's Sexy Luxy - Reversing camera

Postby shanno on Wed, 08 Jun 2011 7:26 +0000

Thanks for the info mate :D I will go check it out one of these days, once work dies down a bit (wishful thinking :roll: ).
On the weekend just gone I managed to finally get my reversing camera that came with the A-sure head unit all fittted up. It took about 6 hours (with plenty of breaks) to wire up. Running the wires and fitting were the easiest parts thanks to the help from johnny5x and his step-by-step guide in the Digi_Options thread. The most time consuming bit was making up a mounting bracket as I got the round camera. I didnt have any photos of anything to go off but I decided to use one of those angle iron bracket things that come with the Asure unit for shipping. I folded it flat and then marked centre and drilled with the supplied hole saw. I found a good spot just off to the side of the number plate and bolted it onto there. Since it was off centre, I put a washer between the plate and the tray on the inside hole in the attempt to turn the camera inwards a bit. I also sprayed the bracket and bolts matt black just to make it more stealthy ;)
She works a treat :D
Cheers,
Shanno

My Buildup
shanno

Re: Shanno's Sexy Luxy - Reversing camera

Postby OFFTRAK on Wed, 08 Jun 2011 8:34 +0000

Looks good, shanno. :-)
The worst thing about mine, other than leaving me no excuses for my poor reverse skills, is its always covered in dust, and I always say to myself, "I'll clean that when I get out.", but never do. :lol:
OFFTRAK

Postby shanno on Sat, 11 Jun 2011 5:40 +0000

Thanks Randal ;)
I drove 60km the other day on dirt road and it didnt come up too dusty but we'll have to see how she goes. It certainly makes carparks much easier. Haha no excuses :lol:
Cheers,
Shanno

My Buildup
shanno

Postby maxw on Sun, 12 Jun 2011 11:30 +0000

I looked around for you in the oc1 car park on Wednesday and thursday mate but don't think I saw your rig. There was a nice dual cab with 33's like drews and a big TUFF aloy bullbar nd siderails package right out the back in the contractors carpark near me.
maxw

Postby shanno on Tue, 14 Jun 2011 3:52 +0000

Haha true ay. Mate I'm always there during the week usually til pretty late. The MR sticker gives it away lol. I've seen that truck around a few times ay. What does your truck look like mate??
Cheers,
Shanno

My Buildup
shanno

Postby MartinWhite on Fri, 17 Jun 2011 10:47 +0000

That black dual cab with the alloy bar is goughy's, he is on the maintenance crew at OC1. My truck is similar to his but with an ARB bar, he is a member on here too, DavidGough is his username I think
MartinWhite

Postby shanno on Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:07 +0000

Just ordered a Sprintbooster :twisted:
Cheers,
Shanno

My Buildup
shanno

Postby maxw on Sat, 18 Jun 2011 4:18 +0000

I really like that truck, mines a silver extra cab arb bar and 32s. Will look for the mr sticker next time, is funny how many good luxs are at oc1 and then its all beefed up patrols at ocn.
maxw

Postby shanno on Wed, 22 Jun 2011 12:27 +0000

I received this little thing in the mail yesterday...
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

It is amazingly responsive now. I can't wait to drive the lux home after work today :D

PS max I'll keep an eye out for ur truck at work. U should really do a build up thread or chuck some pics in your shed mate.
Cheers,
Shanno

My Buildup
shanno

Postby OFFTRAK on Wed, 22 Jun 2011 1:42 +0000

Nice work, Shanno. :)
The Sprint Booster is still my favourite mod. I turn it off occasionally to remind myself how crap the throttle response is of a standard Lux. Its hilarious watching my Wife drive it after getting out of her XR6T. :lol:
OFFTRAK

Shanno's Sexy Luxy - 5 Rocks pics

Postby shanno on Mon, 04 Jul 2011 7:48 +0000

So Ive been meaning to do this for a few weeks now but Ive been caught up with work and other things, but now Ive finally decided I should get my ass into gear and chuck up some pics of my awesome weekend away up at Five Rocks and Byfield.
I went up in my truck with my 2 mates in an 80’s crusier wagon. Had a mad weekend just driving the tracks around the area then went for a run along 9 mile beach. Did a spot of fishing but with no luck then headed home via some more tracks. They aren’t real hard but they are quite overgrown which left a few scratches but chicks dig that right :lol:
Anyway all the photos (posing shots) were taken at Stockyard Point overlooking the famous 5 Rocks. It was just on sunset so it was a pretty amazing sight.
Highly recommend it to anyone in the area. Great for kids too as there is a big roomy campground with amenities or you can go camp on the sand dunes.
PS click on the pics to make them bigger :ugeek:

5 Rocks
Me and my truck :mrgreen:
Clouds
Cliffs
Nine Mile Beach
Sunset
Cheers,
Shanno

My Buildup
shanno

Re: Shanno's Sexy Luxy - 5 Rocks pics

Postby 9W6VX on Mon, 04 Jul 2011 8:44 +0000

Nice pictures .................

;) ;)
Cheers

Brendon
73 de 9W6VX
9W6VX
Site Admin

Postby shanno on Mon, 04 Jul 2011 8:52 +0000

Thanks mate :)
Cheers,
Shanno

My Buildup
shanno

Postby shanno on Sat, 06 Aug 2011 4:38 +0000

A new addition ;)
GME TX3100 - 80 channel & AE4018K1 6.6 dBi antenna

I changed my fuel filter over the other day and after another 30000km its looking pretty dirty.

Also when I got my muffler put in ages ago, I got a bit of pipe welded into the tip of the original which means no more soot on my chrome bumper :)
Cheers,
Shanno

My Buildup
shanno

Re: Shanno's Sexy Luxy - ARB compressor in!

Postby fgk228 on Sat, 06 Aug 2011 8:03 +0000

shanno wrote:Well I went and bought myself an ARB compressor the other day, along with the hose kit and inflater. I finally managed to finish fitting it tonight. Its took me about 2 days, with the stop-starting because of the bloody rain and having no shed. :cry:
Anyway got it done, and it worked first go! Pretty stoked about that lol :lol: :lol: I had to move the diff breathers forward because they were in the spot where I wanted to mount the compressor.

What kind of covers do you guys put over the hose connector to keep the dirt out ???

I went down to Clark rubber and got a few rubber chair feet cap end things, couple of cents works great
fgk228

Re: Shanno's Sexy Luxy - ARB compressor in!

Postby shanno on Sat, 06 Aug 2011 8:11 +0000

fgk228 wrote:I went down to Clark rubber and got a few rubber chair feet cap end things, couple of cents works great

Thats a good idea mate. I ended up using the plastic valve plug from a gas cylinder. Fits perfect :D
Cheers,
Shanno

My Buildup
shanno

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups