Toyota's shit service!!!!!

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Postby jippo on Thu, 10 Jul 2008 10:56 +0000

Was having a few dramas with the lux, while cruzing along it would simply cut out ,not stall but lose power. After about 4-5 seconds she would kick back in and away we go. The problem was only happening intermitingly(???) and i worked out that it was only happening when i went over a big bump.So off to toyota we go with instructions to make sure they get to the bottom of the problem as i need the car on the weekend as im heading up past broken hill.WELLL they get back to me today and tell me that the fuel tank is full of gunk,changed the fuel filter,cleaned all the lines,went to change the in tank filter and sender unit as they reakon that is all gunked up and there isnt one anywhere need to get it from sydney will take 3 days . My question is how can a dealer as big as toyota with nearly 50 000 hilux's sold anually not have a f@#$in filter in stock and then take three days to get one. What a joke and as for the weekend well thats just about rat shit unless i can organize a new set of wheels for the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:x :x :x :x :x :x
jippo

Postby troyco on Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:03 +0000

I feel the pain -I had a similar issue - dealer said there were only two of the parts in QLD and they booked one could not get it as soem other dealer got it sent to them, even though the car was booked in to have the part changed 2 weeks in advance so they did 0 for the whole day and told me I could re book it as a priority!! I have not been back to old mac in springwood-
troyco
troyco

Postby FITZY28 on Fri, 11 Jul 2008 11:34 +0000

I HAD TO REPLACE THE FUEL TANKS UNDERBODY GUARD
AS IT BROKE WHEN GOING THROUGH WATER AND THERE
WAS A 3 WEEK WAIT ON THEM
IM SURE IM NOT THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS BROKE ONE
FITZY28

Postby Quinny34 on Fri, 11 Jul 2008 11:43 +0000

Fitzy28... I only have half a bash plate for the tank also...

Its a similar problem with most companies.... everyone is JIT warehousing parts....
FCCW
Application for G##C membership REVOKED
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby FSC on Sat, 12 Jul 2008 10:55 +0000

I know someone who was having his ute decked out by ARB Penrith and while fitting a Steinbauer chip, they somehow managed to fry the stock ECU. Toyota had none in the country and it took 3 weeks on a slow boat to get to Australia. You think Toyota Australia, of all companies, would have a few ECUs in stock!
Brett
FSC

Postby hissan on Sun, 13 Jul 2008 5:34 +0000

I've got half a bash plate too..water up near Broken Hill did it at Christmas
hissan

Postby Quinny34 on Mon, 14 Jul 2008 4:35 +0000

Water was what killed mine also... you'd think they would put in a strap or something to stop it bending down and snapping...
FCCW
Application for G##C membership REVOKED
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Re: Toyota's shit service!!!!!

Postby hodgo81 on Tue, 14 Apr 2009 3:16 +0000

I just had my first service done, I filled up fuel straight after the service. I only got 400km off that tank of diesel. They "neglected" to tell me that they 'accidentally' reset the ECU which caused it to use heaps more fuel until The ECU remapped itself.
hodgo81

Postby matske on Tue, 14 Apr 2009 3:27 +0000

i had a throw out bearing replaced just over a year ago under warranty now my car is out of warranty and has blown a throw out bearing again. i drive it pretty easy i reckon they got the apprentices to do it as usual and stuffed it up!
matske

Postby HiruxHijinx on Wed, 15 Apr 2009 9:15 +0000

Last time I got serviced, the thrashed the CRAP out of my ute (Scangauge told me so), they did 120km/hr, only 3.2kms, avg consumption around 35l/100km, and max revs of 4400rpm.. and the only roads withing a 1.5km drive of the dealer were 50 and 60km/hr zones... I went spastic at them. The manager pretended to care, but quite clearly couldn't give two sh!ts... so i will never go back there, and keep going back to albion sci-fleet where I have never had a drama. F#ckin four by four by more.

Sam.
HiruxHijinx

Postby Hilux Max on Wed, 15 Apr 2009 9:46 +0000

Hijinx, Id being forwarding that complaint to toyota regional service manager if I were you...get them to kick some butt.
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby olcoolone on Wed, 15 Apr 2009 9:52 +0000

JIPPO; Not all parts are carried in stock, logistics people look at what parts are going to need to be replaced at a certain period, The current Hilux got released in March 2005 and you may find the service life of that filter is 300000 kilometers or 8 years (an example) so according to logistics this part does not need to be stocked yet.

There are some parts we can't get from Denso due to the same reason...Denso Australia don't see a need to carry that part yet, so we source the parts from overseas suppliers who can supply the Denso part.

With the filter you may find that part is stocked by Toyota somewhere else in the world as they see a need to carry it.

Just because Toyota and most other manufactures don't carry a part here in Australia doesn't mean that part is not available somewhere else in the world, just that the Australia arm of the manufacture doesn't deem it necessary to have it in stock.

This can also be applied to FITZY28 and FSC comments.

As QUINNY 23 said it is all to do with "Just In Time" logistics.

Manufactures usually only want parts on their shelves for 1 to 2 months before being sold, if they carried every part it would cost a fortune and just think of all the parts they would never sell....in the end we the consumer would pay for it by paying higher initial purchase prices.

HODGO81; the practice of resetting the ECU at services is usually done when they update firmware to a more current version.

MATSKE; even when the warrant expires on anything there is a expected life span for a component that is warrantable for "Fit For Purpose" meaning when the stat warranty expires there is a warranty that covers the component for maybe another 5 to 10 years.

You could quite safely say an expected life of a bearing would be more then 1 year.
olcoolone

Postby matske on Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:39 +0000

thanks for the advise olcoolone i am gunna ring toyota and talk the manager about this bearing it should last longer then a year and a half surely! hey do you work at toyota?.
matske

Postby olcoolone on Wed, 15 Apr 2009 7:37 +0000

No we don't work for Toyota, we are a Denso service centre, we have been involved with Denso for over 14 years in one form or another.

We work closely with Toyota dealers either doing work for them or working with Denso to solve a problem that the dealer can't resolve.

Denso is owned 49% by Toyota.

Over the years we have learnt a lot regarding how the Japanese people think and how the motor industry works.

We treat our customers properly and we treat any issues as a priority, if we can't resolve it we refer it to a independent 3 party to resolve.

We love warranty claims against us as it gives us the opportunity to prove that we work to a high standard and customers come first.....suppliers sometimes don't like it when we tell then there products are inferior in quality.

Some people at dealerships should not be working there as they don't give a #$&* about their customers.

Tell the service person you want to have a meeting with them and the dealer principle regarding the problem

Also some of the stuff they tell you is not always right.

Don't worry I hate some dealerships with a passion.

Remember don't get mad with them.
olcoolone

Postby matske on Thu, 16 Apr 2009 3:33 +0000

i spoke to a manager about my throw out bearing he said they are a major prob with the hiluxs and they are replacing the new hiluxs with a different bearing.
toyota are goin to put in a claim for my throw out bearing. i am out of warranty but they think i might get toyota to pay for it as there throw out bearings are faulty
matske

Postby olcoolone on Thu, 16 Apr 2009 5:17 +0000

We just had our clutch done on our Hilux today, it developed a clicking noise when you pushed the clutch to the floor and it has had a noise when sitting idling with the clutch engaged whilst in gear for the last 18 months.

Our Hilux ran out of factory warranty last October so we got an extended warranty put on it last October for another 3 years.

The clutch we got done today was under the extended warranty.

Good to hear you a finally getting somewhere with your claim, so many people forget things are still under warranty even when the given warranty period expires.

Did it take much talking to get then to put a claim in and how did you go about it?
olcoolone

Postby matske on Thu, 16 Apr 2009 6:17 +0000

they never offered me an extended warranty i know why. cause my truck has been to toyota 35 times for repairs i asked for a list of my history and it is 40 pages long!!!!!! i think no way they will approve it with that kind of record.
i know the guys pretty good down there as u could imagine so they put a claim in for me..
matske

Return to Servicing