Suspension

Suspension

Postby efto on Sat, 24 Mar 2007 6:02 +0000

Hi guys,

I have a 07 hilux sr single cab chassis on order, I ve been looking at suspension lifts and intially i was going to lift it 2 inches, however ive been looking at possibly 4 inch suspension lifts and putting 33's on. What are the legalities, have many people done it to there new hiluxs. Your thoughts are much appreciated. Ive been looking at the snake racing kit for $3500
efto

Suspension

Postby Doug67 on Sat, 24 Mar 2007 6:12 +0000

Search this site there's a few comments regarding this topic, I would not buy the snake racing kit but would purchase the Ultimate kit. Look up posts on suspension and those which Danlux has been in. You don't need one of these kits to fit 33" check out my profile for my susp $2300 installed with extra mods done for the extra weight of the long range tank.
Doug67

Suspension

Postby TOMUCH on Sat, 24 Mar 2007 8:07 +0000

Efto, what do you expect to be doing that you will need 4 inches of lift? Remember the higher you lift the less stable you are... center of gravity (COG) is altered and there is more likelhood of a rollover.. Yes I think that these big lifts look great, but from a practical sence I don't think they are needed.. I have a 2 inch lift (OME) and a rear diff lock. I took a drive over the Xmas break with a mate of mine through Ormeau (Gold Coast) He has a mega lfted (6inch suspension 4inch body) Patrol with out diff locks... we traversed some pretty awsome terrain and my Lux went everywhere he did... OK so I bottomed out over a knife edge that he cleared... and needed a little hands on push from the guysto get over.... but other than that the Lux made it easily using the diff lock only when required.. The patrol had massive articulation and could keep the wheels on the ground, aiding traction. But i still got there with only 2 inches of lift.. he was very impressed with the Lux's agility over the course we took... check my profile for some pics from the day... Cheers TOMUCH
DONT FOLLOW ME ...... YOU WONT MAKE IT !
TOMUCH

Suspension

Postby Dave on Mon, 16 Apr 2007 9:01 +0000

I have checked out a blokes 4 inch megalift he put on his new hilux, it looks really dodgy and with the rear blocks it looks very unsafe and illegal... wouldn't recommend it to anyone.... the front is OK with the diff drop braket but get better rear custom springs..... Check out Danlux's Hilux in the profiles section, you'll find he has the kit.....
Dave
Site Admin

Suspension

Postby Danlux on Thu, 19 Apr 2007 6:53 +0000

Just be really careful with the snake racing kit, that price doesn't include shocks or rear springs (most of the time). they also use to many lift blocks. As mentioned above check out whats left in my profile.

As I say to any one, please go and speak to Ken at the ultimate suspension, tell him I sent you (Daniel)

[url]http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au/index.php[/url]

Let us know which way you go!
Danlux

Return to Suspension