King springs suspension for new Hilux?

Postby 9W6VX on Mon, 13 Nov 2006 4:50 +0000

A friend has a set of King coil springs and rear leaf springs for the new Hilux which he wants to dispose off.

It's brand new and was sponsored by Kings Springs. He won it as a prize in an off-road competition.

I have yet to confirm the exact part numbers that he has but from the King spring website, I gathered the following info.

FRONT:
KTFS-58 - Low
KTFS-101 - Standard
KTFR-101 or KTFR-101 HD - Raised

A)
How many inches/mm is the lift for the front raised model (KTFS-101)and what is the difference between the KTFR-101 and the KTFR-101HD?

REAR:
TOY-092 - Raised

B)
How many inches/mm is the lift for the rear?

C)
What's the reputation for the Kings springs? I have only used OME on my previous Isuzu Bighorn/Trooper and Ford Ranger.

D) This kit does not include shocks. My original plan was to do the suspension lift later together with the ARB front bar and electric winch. Since i am rather on a budget (don't we all), can I install the Kings coils and leaf and use back the standard shocks until I have enough moolah to get Bilsteins?

E)
What are your comments if I use packer at the front to compensate for the ARB bar and Warn winch which will be installed later? This is assuming that the coils he has in front are the standard (KTFS-101) and not the raised.

Thanks mates.
Cheers

Brendon
73 de 9W6VX
9W6VX
Site Admin

Postby Chris Thomas on Tue, 16 Jan 2007 5:49 +0000

I fitted Bilsteins all round to mine. Don't know what all the fuss is about. Drove beter with standards on it.

Regards

Chris Thomas
Chris Thomas

Postby roly on Wed, 17 Jan 2007 3:01 +0000

OME here, used to the way IFS bounces around now 8-)
roly

Return to Suspension