Tacoma shocks/springs on Hilux 2012?

Tacoma shocks/springs on Hilux 2012?

Postby RDominique on Sun, 24 Mar 2024 8:43 +0000

Hi all! My name is Dominique and I live on a Caribbean Island near the coast of Venezuela.

I just bought a Toyota Hilux N70 2012 and I'm planning to lift it and mount bigger tires. We have to buy all the parts from the USA/Canada/Australia/etc because we don't have anything here.

I was wondering if the Tacoma shocks fit a Hilux. The reason why I ask this, is because comparable Tacoma (lift height etc) sets are a lot cheaper on ebay. Does a stock Tacoma shock give more height to the Hilux than stock HIlux shocks?

Another question. If they aren't interchangeable, would a Tacoma strut spacer fit the strut of a Hilux?

Thank you very much for your help in advance. Really appreciate it!!

Best regards,

Robin
RDominique

Re: Tacoma shocks/springs on Hilux 2012?

Postby Rob_Wood on Sun, 24 Mar 2024 4:19 +0000

Robin or Dominique?
I think Tacoma is the name the Americans give to a Hilux. If I'm wrong someone will correct me soon.
If I'm right then Tacoma & Hilux should be relatively interchangeable with things like shocks. There may however be some minor differences between the left & right hand drive models.
Rob_Wood

Postby 241steve on Tue, 26 Mar 2024 6:35 +0000

very few parts are interchangeable between the 2 Tacoma isn't a Hilux If you have a hilux you want hilux parts.
241steve

Postby Rob_Wood on Wed, 27 Mar 2024 1:14 +0000

241steve wrote:very few parts are interchangeable between the 2 Tacoma isn't a Hilux If you have a hilux you want hilux parts.

Happy to be corrected, maybe you can also enlighten me on what a Tacoma actually is? In comparison to a Hilux I mean.
Rob_Wood

Postby 241steve on Thu, 28 Mar 2024 4:23 +0000

Rob_Wood wrote:
241steve wrote:very few parts are interchangeable between the 2 Tacoma isn't a Hilux If you have a hilux you want hilux parts.

Happy to be corrected, maybe you can also enlighten me on what a Tacoma actually is? In comparison to a Hilux I mean.

Google mate I only said that as I've read it on I8mud many times. Ive never seen any parts that are common between them when looking thru parts catalogs have you? I think some of them got 1gr-fe so some engine parts for the petrol v6 must compatible if you have a petrol v6 . Trust me you don't want the petrol v6 as it drinks too mush fuel I used $180 worth of it yesterday do I need two hands to count how many hours I drove for? My old truck was 5vz=fe not as thirsty I had to put big wheels on it to make it drink 16 litres per hundred k's . The day of the petrol v6 is past I think.
241steve

Postby Rob_Wood on Thu, 28 Mar 2024 7:50 +0000

241steve wrote:
Rob_Wood wrote:

Google mate I only said that as I've read it on I8mud many times. Ive never seen any parts that are common between them when looking thru parts catalogs have you? I think some of them got 1gr-fe so some engine parts for the petrol v6 must compatible if you have a petrol v6 . Trust me you don't want the petrol v6 as it drinks too mush fuel I used $180 worth of it yesterday do I need two hands to count how many hours I drove for? My old truck was 5vz=fe not as thirsty I had to put big wheels on it to make it drink 16 litres per hundred k's . The day of the petrol v6 is past I think.

Petrol V6 Dead? Dunno, harden seats & valves and put it on gas. Simply adjust the mixture rate and you can change over to Hydrogen when it becomes available.
Just an idea.
PS. No, I don't look at parts lists unless I'm looking for something. I just thought the Tacoma was a rebadged Hilux for the Americans. Dunno where I got that idea, not important, I was wrong.
Rob_Wood

Return to Suspension