BF Goodrich KM2's

Need something to get you rolling?

Re: BF Goodrich KM2's

Postby Jack S on Thu, 07 Oct 2010 4:34 +0000

How do the km2's handle in the wet on the road? Do they grip well and stay on the road or bit rough...
Jack S

Postby Hilux Max on Thu, 07 Oct 2010 2:06 +0000

Jack S wrote:How do the km2's handle in the wet on the road? Do they grip well and stay on the road or bit rough...

Jack,

refer to the following mud tyre reviews which are a great guide to many different tyres - http://www.offroaders.com/info/tech-corner/reading/mud.htm

;)
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby Jack S on Sat, 09 Oct 2010 6:10 +0000

your the man max! :mrgreen:
Jack S

Postby white.lux on Thu, 21 Oct 2010 9:12 +0000

hello, just wondering are the KM2 tyres directional?
thanks

Anthony
white.lux

Postby Horse on Fri, 22 Oct 2010 4:10 +0000

Had mine fitted yesterday (33x10.5x15 muds) feel heaps better on road than the mickey tees i was running (31x10.5x15 muds).Less noise and a smoother ride on road , yet to try them off road so can't comment on that yet.
Horse

Postby daveo on Sat, 23 Oct 2010 9:15 +0000

Horse wrote:Had mine fitted yesterday (33x10.5x15 muds) feel heaps better on road than the mickey tees i was running (31x10.5x15 muds).Less noise and a smoother ride on road , yet to try them off road so can't comment on that yet.

What your inital impression of the gearing now with 33s? I can notice the difference between stock 205s and my 31s when taking off. I reckon these would be a great size but concerned for the pissweak clutch.
daveo

Postby Horse on Sat, 23 Oct 2010 11:27 +0000

daveo wrote:
Horse wrote:Had mine fitted yesterday (33x10.5x15 muds) feel heaps better on road than the mickey tees i was running (31x10.5x15 muds).Less noise and a smoother ride on road , yet to try them off road so can't comment on that yet.

What your inital impression of the gearing now with 33s? I can notice the difference between stock 205s and my 31s when taking off. I reckon these would be a great size but concerned for the pissweak clutch.

They feel fine i was expecting a big change but can't feel much difference , if anything feels better maybe it's the new rubber verse old worn 31's . When you look at them head on they seem to have the 10.5 width at the side lugs not at the road contact point were the Mickey T's seemed to be wider at the road contact point causing more rolling resistance on take off.
Very happy with how the lux rides and looks with these but yet to see how they handle off road or tow my camper trailer.
Horse
Horse

Postby johnny5x on Sat, 23 Oct 2010 4:17 +0000

Ive noticed mine are starting to wear out much quicker on the outer edges in the front. This was happening on with the stock tyres also before the lift. Guy at work has a brand new hilux and he still has stockers and his was doing the exact same thing, same wear pattern and all when we compared them. So not too sure why this is happening. I reckon i would be lucky to get 20,000kms out of these if i dont rotate them soon. Great grippy tyre but no good if your doing mostly black top driving
johnny5x

Postby white_hilux on Wed, 29 Jun 2011 9:30 +0000

Does anyone have more reviews on what they thought of these tyres in regards to wear and on and offroad performance? How many kms have been done etc....
Ben
2006 SR Extra Cab
2" lift, 32" Bighorns, F & R Diff Locked, Rock sliders, TJM Bullbar and Winch

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there
white_hilux

Postby EASTCOAST on Thu, 30 Jun 2011 7:57 +0000

I had BF A/T's on my old ute and was second guessing myself when i went to get the
km2's.....Thinking they would be louder and less grip in the wet BUT after nearly 20,000klms now on them i will never go back to A/t's or swap brands.
Recently i dorve about 300k's to hillend and back and the dreaded repeditive drive over the mountain through blackheath and all the wet corners(It always rains from the end of the M4 to mt victoria) And the tyres were perfect, The suspenion set has heaps to do with the handeling as well but with the bilstiens and km2's it handles so much better than standard....
Off road they spit the mud out as all mud tyres do and on loose gravel/dirt roads they are as good as A/T's,,,(I fnot better cause they dont get the little rocks stuck in the tread that tap for ages when you get back on the road and then go of like a cracker when they let go and hit the wheel arches...)
As for the wear on the tyres i have found they don't like getting spun on rocky hills cause they can rip small chunks off the tread but that should be expected.General wear on the road seems to be good,after 20,000klms i am just about to swap the fronts to the rear to square them up again.......

KM2's get my vote for the best allround tyre you can buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
******If you can ignore it its not a real problem******
EASTCOAST

Postby Noidea on Thu, 30 Jun 2011 10:45 +0000

EASTCOAST wrote:I had BF A/T's on my old ute and was second guessing myself when i went to get the
km2's.....Thinking they would be louder and less grip in the wet BUT after nearly 20,000klms now on them i will never go back to A/t's or swap brands.
Recently i dorve about 300k's to hillend and back and the dreaded repeditive drive over the mountain through blackheath and all the wet corners(It always rains from the end of the M4 to mt victoria) And the tyres were perfect, The suspenion set has heaps to do with the handeling as well but with the bilstiens and km2's it handles so much better than standard....
Off road they spit the mud out as all mud tyres do and on loose gravel/dirt roads they are as good as A/T's,,,(I fnot better cause they dont get the little rocks stuck in the tread that tap for ages when you get back on the road and then go of like a cracker when they let go and hit the wheel arches...)
As for the wear on the tyres i have found they don't like getting spun on rocky hills cause they can rip small chunks off the tread but that should be expected.General wear on the road seems to be good,after 20,000klms i am just about to swap the fronts to the rear to square them up again.......

X 2 love my km2's. Wont be changing tyre brand again
Noidea

Postby Oz Bruiser on Thu, 30 Jun 2011 8:35 +0000

Nice review mate, Shame no one locally can hold of em currently..

EASTCOAST wrote:I had BF A/T's on my old ute and was second guessing myself when i went to get the

Oz Bruiser

Postby bee08t on Sat, 18 Jun 2016 7:53 +0000

Just about to update my KM2 32/11.5/15 to 265/70/17 on prado 150 gxl rims, and just susing out what else is out there.
Only done 35000kms on my current set of 15's and probably over 5000kms of that off road and guess they would be just under half worn. I think I'd get another 20000kms out of them without trying to hard.
Off road performance is as good as is gets with these tyres, a few cuts and nicks to the tread and side walls one flat due to a cut through the tread but this was repaired ok, so off road I'd say this tyre is Outstanding!
On a wet black top mountain range road, for a muddie, these tyres are nothing short of astonishing! The old BFG m/t were crap on road when wet. This new set will be my 6th set of BFG m/t and 3rd set of KM2's.
So after reading this whole thread, collecting my thoughts and adding my 2 cents worth where is no other chose but a new set of BFG KM2s.
bee08t

Previous

Return to Tyres & Wheels