How To - DIG Options TP09X1 Unit Install Part 2 Camera Done!

Re: DIG Options GPS

Postby ssdsibes on Thu, 08 Oct 2009 6:46 +0000

sab wrote:
Quinny23 wrote:
sab wrote:G'day guys. I downloaded the proper CE version of Ozi & downloaded a few nsw maps from festy to try it out.
Anyway I got it all working I think,but it seems to show the maps on the world map screen of Australia so I can't zoom in enough to see any detail of the areas.
Is it because of the festy maps or do I need to change something. Can't find any thing in the instructions.

Sab

Sounds like it cant see the path to the other maps or cant read them properly... the software seems to be running fine but its normal response is to use the most detailed map it can if it finds them...

G'day Quinny. How do I go about fixing the path to the other maps.
cheers

sab

Hey Sab

What format are the maps saved in?

I'm in the gong and have OziCE working on my Polaris if you want some help.

Sam
ssdsibes

Postby sab on Thu, 08 Oct 2009 6:58 +0000

Hi Sam the map files seem to be OZF2
cheers

sab
sab

Postby Steve9R on Thu, 08 Oct 2009 7:01 +0000

sab wrote:
Quinny23 wrote:
sab wrote:G'day guys. I downloaded the proper CE version of Ozi & downloaded a few nsw maps from festy to try it out.
Anyway I got it all working I think,but it seems to show the maps on the world map screen of Australia so I can't zoom in enough to see any detail of the areas.
Is it because of the festy maps or do I need to change something. Can't find any thing in the instructions.

Sab

Sounds like it cant see the path to the other maps or cant read them properly... the software seems to be running fine but its normal response is to use the most detailed map it can if it finds them...

G'day Quinny. How do I go about fixing the path to the other maps.
cheers

sab

there's a configuration dialog on OZI under the File / Configuration where you specify your map path..

if you havent used oziexplorer much though, you're probably better off visiting their site at http://www.oziexplorer3.com and going their help screens, or perhaps try out this pdf..

http://www.for.gov.bc.ca/HFP/frep/site_ ... Manual.pdf

i had a quick look and it covers a few things which will get you going..

Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby Steve9R on Thu, 08 Oct 2009 7:11 +0000

Quinny23 wrote:Just on the Car PC steve.. the screens are only around the 300 mark, PC is 500 and cabling and misc bits around 400... so I'd have change from 1200 at this point... but it took say 2 days of cruising around to install it... but I loved the install so it wasnt a drama... to others it would have turned them of...

Having said that, Possums unit is very good for the price and would have made me think twice before going down the path I did... But I'd have still gone down it due to the fact Im a geek and it allows easy upgrades etc etc etc...

Yeah, i was going to build a CarPC too, I looked at the screens like Rod's and did a lot of research on mp3car.com as well, and the screens alone (for the top quality ones) were $700+ on their own.. then all the stuffing around with fitting into the dash to make them look like a OEM unit, USB devices and OS issues / updates / crashes.. it was all just a drama.. but i still would have done it.. the only thing holding me back was my missus .. who'd despise it and never let up about it having issues.. hence why after doing a lot of reading on these new units i jumped at it.. and have even surprised myself with how flexible they actually are..

the beauty of these units is that they are all-in-one.. and the missus can use it easily without that nagging fear that it 'may' not work.. boot up time on these units from cold is less than 10secs to be fully operational.. gps lock times in clear skys from cold is less that 15secs.. i honestly cant find much wrong with these units.. and like you as you know (but not to the same extent of course ;).. also work heavily in IT..

there is also the development that has gone into the apps on these units.. for example.. PIP so i can have GPS running full screen, with radio or mp3s playing in background , have a small image of the reverse camera in one corner, as well as playing a DVD and outputting it to the rear screen for the kids.. its pretty cool.. and esp. considering the $$s they cost..

Steve
Last edited by Steve9R on Thu, 08 Oct 2009 7:12 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby sab on Thu, 08 Oct 2009 7:11 +0000

Thanks Steve. I will check that out. Ozi is all new to me.
cheers
sab
sab

Postby ssdsibes on Thu, 08 Oct 2009 7:23 +0000

sab wrote:Hi Sam the map files seem to be OZF2
cheers

sab

They probably won't work in the latest version of OziCE as ozf2. They need to be converted to Ozfx3 which you can convert in Ozi PC version usung a program called img2ozf which you can download from Oziexplorer site

I have an early version of OziCE 2.14 which still works on .ozf2 and .map format.

Sam
ssdsibes

Postby Steve9R on Thu, 08 Oct 2009 7:24 +0000

nah.. they work fine.. ozfx2 ozfx3 no problems.. im running the same arm ce version with all festys maps no conversion required..

Steve
Last edited by Steve9R on Thu, 08 Oct 2009 7:37 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby sab on Thu, 08 Oct 2009 7:29 +0000

Should I have downloaded some other maps from ozi ,like the aus political map to run these. NFI :shock:
sab
sab

Postby ssdsibes on Thu, 08 Oct 2009 7:35 +0000

Steve9R wrote:nah.. they work fine.. ozf2 ozf3 no problems.. im running the same arm ce version with all festys maps no conversion required..

Steve

Another question

What keyboard program are you using in your system, I'm using jotkbd.exe in windowsCE but can't get it to work in OziCE.
ssdsibes

Postby Steve9R on Thu, 08 Oct 2009 7:45 +0000

ssdsibes wrote:
Steve9R wrote:nah.. they work fine.. ozf2 ozf3 no problems.. im running the same arm ce version with all festys maps no conversion required..

Steve

Another question

What keyboard program are you using in your system, I'm using jotkbd.exe in windowsCE but can't get it to work in OziCE.

yeah im running jotkbd as well.. but i honestly havent had to use it within OZI.. why do you need it within OZI..

what other apps are you running on yours ?
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby ssdsibes on Thu, 08 Oct 2009 7:50 +0000

Steve9R wrote:
ssdsibes wrote:

Steve

Another question

yeah im running jotkbd as well.. but i honestly havent had to use it within OZI.. why do you need it within OZI..

what other apps are you running on yours ?

I have a huge name search database i got off quinny, but i can't use a letter to start search, have to scroll through. Not really a big deal but would be nice to have.

I had the keyboard working OK in the demo version and it works OK at the file manager screen but not in Ozi.

Something to keep working on.
ssdsibes

Postby Steve9R on Thu, 08 Oct 2009 8:25 +0000

whats the name search database for ?
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby GreenHilux Guy on Fri, 09 Oct 2009 5:36 +0000

Hey Steve,

So is it possible to crack the digi so you can see a windows screen prompt to load up applications?

I would love to buy a bluetooth receiver for OBD data and run it through the screen using CE software to show gauges.

Also I can't get the bluetooth to recognise my iphone 3g when the BT is turned on. Any ideas?
GreenHilux Guy

Postby Steve9R on Fri, 09 Oct 2009 5:50 +0000

GreenHilux Guy wrote:Hey Steve,

So is it possible to crack the digi so you can see a windows screen prompt to load up applications?

I would love to buy a bluetooth receiver for OBD data and run it through the screen using CE software to show gauges.

Also I can't get the bluetooth to recognise my iphone 3g when the BT is turned on. Any ideas?

you've got to remember that this is WindowsCE.. so basically the same as any mobile based CE device. the only way to install applications is via activesync, unless they are a standalone app which requires no install process (eg, an .exe that runs standalone like jotkbd etc). activesync IS on these units, however i tried once with activesync to connect, the problem was that the unit is a PC and the USB is an input not an output.. so there must be another way to connect, i just havent had time yet to investigate it further..

but yes, you can get to windows explorer and run apps.. they just have to be CE apps..

Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby Steve9R on Fri, 09 Oct 2009 5:52 +0000

GreenHilux Guy wrote:

One of the guys here at work has a 3G iphone ill test it out on my v2 unit on monday and let you know .. (he's already onsite today)..

Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby sab on Fri, 09 Oct 2009 7:22 +0000

Sab

Well managed to get it going this morning after plenty of swearing & cursing. I had the little GPS symbol activated in the bottom of the screen menu & I suppose it was showing me where I was in the world map.Switched the GPS symbol off & loaded a map & away it went.

sab
sab

Postby Steve9R on Fri, 09 Oct 2009 7:41 +0000

Good work sab, now you'll just need a bigger microSD to fit all the maps on !
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby sab on Fri, 09 Oct 2009 7:45 +0000

Steve9R wrote:Good work sab, now you'll just need a bigger microSD to fit all the maps on !

Mate I think I Fluked it more than anything else :P
Purchased a 4 Gig card so that should be enough room for now. Just need to find some better maps now.
cheers

sab
sab

Postby GreenHilux Guy on Sun, 11 Oct 2009 2:10 +0000

Hey Steve,

Got the iphone to connect with the bluetooth. The sound quality is very impressive. Considering it is just a mic it shreds the original toyota unit that I have tried on other trucks.

Could you have a look at this product on ebay from the UK
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OBDKey-::Genuine- ... Tool-(OBD2)_W0QQitemZ330361869173QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090922?IMSfp=TL090922148004r22722

It is a bluetooth OBD scangauge that runs car diagnostics and gauges through windows based media. Do you think it will work with our units. I checked with Matt at Digi and they couldn't tell. It says it only needs pda and windows ce so this could be a terrific add on for all of us running this system but dont want the scangauge2
GreenHilux Guy

Postby Quinny34 on Sun, 11 Oct 2009 2:36 +0000

If its capable of running on a PDA with Windows CE then you will most likely get it going on these units as they run Windows CE just like a PDA... may need to check with Steve9R for which exact version though..
FCCW
Application for G##C membership REVOKED
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Tips & Tricks