How To - DIG Options TP09X1 Unit Install Part 2 Camera Done!

Re: DIG Options GPS

Postby Steve9R on Wed, 02 Sep 2009 9:21 +0000

stquinny wrote:Steve9R
I noticed you ipod screen is different from the one I have. Does this control the Ipod fine? I must have an older format, and for some reason my direct control is not worth a pinch of you know what :cry: ?

Has anyone found a way the enlarge the DVD so it uses the whole screen and not leaving the black lines top and bottom?

I cant tell you about the Ipod, cause i dont use one... but the DVD .. i have no black lines top and bottom at all ?? (That first pic of mine is a turbo from one of the 4wd action DVDs that was playing in DVD mode) normally black lines indicate that your screen size is not setup correctly.. but i cant recall seeing anywhere to change screen size...you've obviously tried different DVD's?

GreenHilux Guy wrote:Touche on the shaky photos :)

Yeah whats with the ipod interface? I have the old crummy one, yours looks sweet!

Ask Matt

Yeah i looked at your pic, and thought it wasnt familiar, so took a photo of mine..

Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby stquinny on Wed, 07 Oct 2009 6:03 +0000

Could anyone help out with which version oziexplorerCE to use on this unit? I already have a version on a PDA and formatted maps to suit, but I dont think this version will work the DigOptions unit?
That aint livin!!
stquinny

Postby sab on Wed, 07 Oct 2009 6:36 +0000

stquinny wrote:Could anyone help out with which version oziexplorerCE to use on this unit? I already have a version on a PDA and formatted maps to suit, but I dont think this version will work the DigOptions unit?

G'day stquinny. I downloaded a trial version of oziexplorer CE & its the ARM version you need.
I'm going to download the proper version of ozi exp CE,but can someone tell me if I also need the Oziexplorer PC to run with the CE. And what maps do you guys recommend to Install.There is a lot out there & I'm very new to ozi exp & don't know too much about it.

cheers

sab
sab

Postby Steve9R on Wed, 07 Oct 2009 6:43 +0000

nah.. you need the PNA version of OziExplorer to run on the GPS.. you dont need the PC version unless you want to upload your tracks to the PC, or perhaps doing route planning on your PC and upload to the CE version.

Map wise, all of the normal maps (HEMA / CFA etc ) work perfectly well with Ozi on the GPS no problems..
(do a search for 'festy' on here and you'll find links for downloads etc)..

if you need maps, most of us have a tonne of them, (and if you find a rego code that works on the PNA version PM me with it ;)).. otherwise im going to have to spend $40 !! to get one hahaha..

Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby Alby on Wed, 07 Oct 2009 6:46 +0000

so what is the word on these units, is everyone who has one happy with it?

I am thinking this is the next mod on my shopping list
On the internet you can be anything you want. It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid!
Alby

Postby sab on Wed, 07 Oct 2009 7:01 +0000

Steve9R wrote:nah.. you need the PNA version of OziExplorer to run on the GPS.. you dont need the PC version unless you want to upload your tracks to the PC, or perhaps doing route planning on your PC and upload to the CE version.

Map wise, all of the normal maps (HEMA / CFA etc ) work perfectly well with Ozi on the GPS no problems..

if you need maps, most of us have a tonne of them, (and if you find a rego code that works on the PNA version PM me with it ;)).. otherwise im going to have to spend $40 !! to get one hahaha..

Steve

G'day Steve Thanks for the info. Im reading this as you need the PDA/PND version,but running the ARM and ARM compatible cpu's version as there is 3 different types of zips to download for the PDA/PND.

Cheers
sab
sab

Postby Steve9R on Wed, 07 Oct 2009 7:06 +0000

definately happy with mine.. 'but' mine is slightly different now.. Ive been trialling the new digoptions version (v2).. dont know what the cost difference will be though.. its basically the same unit, but quite a few more enhancements.. (better screen (digital) /much nicer graphics, extra SD slot, PIP, dual zone etc etc.. ).. ive been writing a review of it and discussing with Matt over the last couple of weeks during our 6000km trip to fraser and back about the issues with it..

its definately a MUCH more complicated unit to use, and it'll drive your missus MAD because its so complicated, but if you're technically minded and like complicated things, then its excellent..

In saying all this, the old unit (v1) is still an excellent unit as well, and can still do more things (for instance, i run a custom menu system on mine that allows me to select which GPS software ill use, i run excel for my fuel data logging, custom onscreen keyboard, plus a couple of other apps as well).. all of these things will work perfectly on the v1 unit, (Ive got 2 of my mates we installed the v1 units into their patrols, and ive setup the menus / GPS etc for them, and they love it)..

Matt is currently over in China wheeling and dealing for these new units, plus getting some fo the mods ive asked for done for them as well.. so if you can, wait a bit and see how much they end up being..

If anyone's interested i can post pics etc..

Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby Steve9R on Wed, 07 Oct 2009 7:09 +0000

There's actually an interesting discussion going on over at pradopoint about the v1's being MUCH better than the VMS and Polaris units for glare etc too..

and for 25% or less of the cost, with all the extra features i cant see why you'd go with either of them..

I was originally looking at building a car PC like Rod and Jeff have, but the screen alone with no components was over $700.. these units are less than that complete ! and more reliable.. ;)

Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby Steve9R on Wed, 07 Oct 2009 7:12 +0000

sab wrote:
Steve9R wrote:nah.. you need the PNA version of OziExplorer to run on the GPS.. you dont need the PC version unless you want to upload your tracks to the PC, or perhaps doing route planning on your PC and upload to the CE version.

if you need maps, most of us have a tonne of them.

Steve

G'day Steve Thanks for the info. Im reading this as you need the PDA/PND version,but running the ARM and ARM compatible cpu's version as there is 3 different types of zips to download for the PDA/PND.

Cheers
sab

yeah nah.. the version you need is here :

http://www.oziexplorer3.com/ozice/downl ... me_arm.zip
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby sab on Wed, 07 Oct 2009 7:19 +0000

Steve9R wrote:
sab wrote:

Steve

Cheers
sab

yeah nah.. the version you need is here :

http://www.oziexplorer3.com/ozice/downl ... me_arm.zip

Cheers mate
sab
sab

Postby ssdsibes on Wed, 07 Oct 2009 7:53 +0000

Steve

You will find cracked versions of OziCE in torrent sites, I'm running OziCE Ver 2.14 on my Polaris and works real good. It doesn't need maps to be converted to the ozf3 format either
ssdsibes

Postby Steve9R on Wed, 07 Oct 2009 8:03 +0000

yeah.. i know.. its an excellent piece of software that i use all the time.. so why not support them..

Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby stquinny on Thu, 08 Oct 2009 5:44 +0000

Im not very good on computers. I have download yhe version above. Now what do I do? I have 2gig of formatted map on a SD card. How big of micro SD card do I need?
That aint livin!!
stquinny

Postby Steve9R on Thu, 08 Oct 2009 7:33 +0000

2gb is ok.. but not really enough.. you'll have to keep chopping your maps in out as you'll run out of space.

i run an 8gb microSD for mine.. as ive got over 6gb of oziexplorer maps on it.. plus ive got all the other apps on there too..

unzip and install the files onto the SD card then point your NAVI app to the oziexplorer.exe on the SD card and it'll fire up.

Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby GreenHilux Guy on Thu, 08 Oct 2009 8:59 +0000

Hey Steve,

Should we feel a bit cheated that we weren't offered the V2 version. Otherwise I am still very happy with my unit. I was trying to find a way to run bluetooth OBD software but no one could tell if there was a way of accessing a windows based interface. Is that possible on your setup seeing as though you can run excel?
GreenHilux Guy

Postby Steve9R on Thu, 08 Oct 2009 9:23 +0000

nah.. he had this v2 on demo, i got one and one of his installers got the other one.. they are the only two here..

Dont get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the v1's.. they can do almost everything this one does..

yes.. your OBD software.. is it for Windows CE ? if so then yes, shoot me a PM and a copy and ill get it going on an SD for you to use via my menu system..

Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby Quinny34 on Thu, 08 Oct 2009 6:18 +0000

Just on the Car PC steve.. the screens are only around the 300 mark, PC is 500 and cabling and misc bits around 400... so I'd have change from 1200 at this point... but it took say 2 days of cruising around to install it... but I loved the install so it wasnt a drama... to others it would have turned them of...

Having said that, Possums unit is very good for the price and would have made me think twice before going down the path I did... But I'd have still gone down it due to the fact Im a geek and it allows easy upgrades etc etc etc...
FCCW
Application for G##C membership REVOKED
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby sab on Thu, 08 Oct 2009 6:20 +0000

G'day guys. I downloaded the proper CE version of Ozi & downloaded a few nsw maps from festy to try it out.
Anyway I got it all working I think,but it seems to show the maps on the world map screen of Australia so I can't zoom in enough to see any detail of the areas.
Is it because of the festy maps or do I need to change something. Can't find any thing in the instructions.

Sab
sab

Postby Quinny34 on Thu, 08 Oct 2009 6:23 +0000

sab wrote:G'day guys. I downloaded the proper CE version of Ozi & downloaded a few nsw maps from festy to try it out.
Anyway I got it all working I think,but it seems to show the maps on the world map screen of Australia so I can't zoom in enough to see any detail of the areas.
Is it because of the festy maps or do I need to change something. Can't find any thing in the instructions.

Sab

Sounds like it cant see the path to the other maps or cant read them properly... the software seems to be running fine but its normal response is to use the most detailed map it can if it finds them...
FCCW
Application for G##C membership REVOKED
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby sab on Thu, 08 Oct 2009 6:26 +0000

Quinny23 wrote:
sab wrote:G'day guys. I downloaded the proper CE version of Ozi & downloaded a few nsw maps from festy to try it out.

Sab

Sounds like it cant see the path to the other maps or cant read them properly... the software seems to be running fine but its normal response is to use the most detailed map it can if it finds them...

G'day Quinny. How do I go about fixing the path to the other maps.
cheers

sab
sab

PreviousNext

Return to Tips & Tricks