How To - DIG Options TP09X1 Unit Install Part 2 Camera Done!

Re: DIG Options GPS

Postby GreenHilux Guy on Thu, 06 Aug 2009 10:51 +0000

Everything basically. The unit, reverse night camera and the digital tv tuner. The discount was only worth $15 anyway but still almost 2 grand cheaper then the vms option :)
GreenHilux Guy

Postby Smithyworld on Thu, 06 Aug 2009 11:09 +0000

Macca wrote:Digital radio starts today,

Has anyone got information about this and what effect it will have on the AM/FM we are using now?

Is it like AM stereo that never took off?

Or like every thing else digital, is it the way of the future?

Do these DIG options work on digital? Can they be upgraded?

Lots of questions, hope you have the answers...

Macca

Offering an exceptionally high sound and signal quality, digital radio offers a range of exciting features to enhance your listening experience.

Clearer sound and improved reception
Extra features such as extra channels, pause and rewind radio, downloadable music, more details about the advertised product, slideshows, scrolling text, Electronic Program Guides, updated news, sports and racing information. Just to name a few
Extra channels potentially doubles the number of commercial stations
Tuning by station name, not frequency, making it easy to find favourite stations
A wider choice of shows and program highlights better meets the needs of niche audiences

http://www.digitalradioplus.com.au/
Smithyworld

Postby trialweis on Thu, 06 Aug 2009 8:27 +0000

Have spokenwith Matt,
He offers the unit for $569 plus postage if we do a group buy .
trialweis

Postby Macca on Fri, 07 Aug 2009 4:56 +0000

Thanks Smithy
Looks like car manufacturers will not be installing digitals in new cars for a couple of years, (last nights news).
High priced cars may have them I guess.
Macca
Macca

Postby Possum on Fri, 07 Aug 2009 5:43 +0000

Very keen to pick up on off these units
Measuring my head unit it seems to be 200x100 were as these are 205x105
I have an 08 model SR5 just want to know from someone who has fitted one
What their standard head units measure are
Thanks
The problem with doin' nothing is that you never know when youre finished
Brad
Possum

Postby djyates on Fri, 07 Aug 2009 8:42 +0000

[quote="Macca"]Digital radio starts today,

Has anyone got information about this and what effect it will have on the AM/FM we are using now?

The news last night said the old system will be around for years yet. If it has the same effect as FM radio had on what you get on AM it won't be up to much.
djyates

Postby stquinny on Fri, 07 Aug 2009 9:00 +0000

Squid_87 wrote:Thats the only thing holding me back from getting one. I want the direct control of the ipod through the head unit so theres less distraction while driving. Can any maps be loaded onto the head unit, such as off road and on road?

The drama i had with the direct ipod control was when you turned the car off it lost its memory. So when you started it back up again you had to research to what you were last listening to. It did not go back to where it was before you turned it off. I think using the ipod to control it would work better. You get over it that each time you start your car you have to search for your song through the deck, which is both slow and painful.!!!!!!
That aint livin!!
stquinny

Postby Alby on Fri, 07 Aug 2009 11:29 +0000

Possum wrote:Very keen to pick up on off these units
Measuring my head unit it seems to be 200x100 were as these are 205x105
I have an 08 model SR5 just want to know from someone who has fitted one
What their standard head units measure are
Thanks

These units are specifically designed to replace Toyota factory units, I have seen Noel from this forums unit and they fit very neatly, just like factory finish, they even display the Toyota logo when you turn them on.. The only thing that is different is that they are backlit in blue instead of green like factory unit. Apparantly there is no option to change this but that is no big deal.
I will definately be getting one but just back from hols and want to upgrade my fishfinder on boat first.
Last edited by Alby on Sat, 08 Aug 2009 5:53 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
On the internet you can be anything you want. It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid!
Alby

Postby Squid_87 on Sat, 08 Aug 2009 11:32 +0000

stquinny wrote:
Squid_87 wrote:Thats the only thing holding me back from getting one. I want the direct control of the ipod through the head unit so theres less distraction while driving. Can any maps be loaded onto the head unit, such as off road and on road?

The drama i had with the direct ipod control was when you turned the car off it lost its memory. So when you started it back up again you had to research to what you were last listening to. It did not go back to where it was before you turned it off. I think using the ipod to control it would work better. You get over it that each time you start your car you have to search for your song through the deck, which is both slow and painful.!!!!!!

Do you run your ipod through an aux in port, ie the headphone port of the ipod? How is the sound quality?
Cheers,
Luke

08/05 SR single cab, heavy duty steel tray, steel canopy with vinyl sides and mozzie net, Dobinsons 2in lift, ECB big tube alloy bar, Nitestalker 100w spotlights, 55w under tray reverse spotlights, 31x10.5 Maxxis Bighorns on 15x7 Sunraysias
Squid_87

Postby sab on Sat, 29 Aug 2009 3:49 +0000

G'day guys. Might purchase one also,can someone who has one list some of the GPS features this unit has. eg, like back tracking abilites etc.

Cheers

sab.
sab

Postby Steve9R on Sat, 29 Aug 2009 6:40 +0000

well.. i picked up and installed one of these units in my lux today..

i was actually quite surprised with the IGO v8 GPS software.. its not bad at all..

but the thing is, you can run oziexplorer on it.. (im setting it up at the moment).. and then you'll have all your tracks and waypoints etc for all your offroad stuff..

Ive almost finished my install, just a couple of niggly things left to finish off.. then ill write it up..

Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby dute on Sat, 29 Aug 2009 7:20 +0000

Looking forward to seeing the photos . . . . 8-)
FCCW

inside Dute's black hole

"Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill"
dute

Re: DIG Options GPS now with PICS

Postby GreenHilux Guy on Sun, 30 Aug 2009 8:14 +0000

Steve, how did you go with the camera?

I wasn't looking forward to pulling wires from the back to the front so I bought a remote wireless camera instead, It was $30 from Hong Kong and looks awesome. This one sits flush under the number plate because the bracket I got on the one from Digi would have to be modified. This camera is waterproof with a transmitter that can be hidden under the tray (nice and dry) with a transmitter that runs to a unit hidden behind the digi with a usb cable to the back of the gps. I will still have to find the reverse wire but it looks like a simpler build.

I too was very pleasently suprised how good the IGO8 gps software is, especially how customisable the display is with time, speed compass etc.

Removing old stereo. Antenna was run through the defrost vents at the front

Front wallpaper when starting up nice touch with Toyota logo

Menu options

DVD

IPOD controls

Speedo and GPS screen menu

Trip computer

OZI Explorer

Wireless rear view camera to complete
GreenHilux Guy

Postby Smithyworld on Wed, 02 Sep 2009 7:47 +0000

Where are you guys mounting the Digital TV box?
Smithyworld

Postby GreenHilux Guy on Wed, 02 Sep 2009 10:12 +0000

Using some velcro sticky dots and putting it onto the side wall of the glovebox. Its easiest to run the cables from there and can pull the antenna ou when needed and stick on top of the dash. What about you?
GreenHilux Guy

Postby Smithyworld on Wed, 02 Sep 2009 11:33 +0000

I haven't bought one yet still deciding, 95% decided though!
Smithyworld

Postby Darwin Lux on Wed, 02 Sep 2009 12:30 +0000

Is this unit plug and play with the standard toyota loom, will this also be functional with my steering wheel controls. Once awsnered will order straight up :D
Darwin Lux

Re: DIG Options GPS now with PICS

Postby Steve9R on Wed, 02 Sep 2009 1:38 +0000

GreenHilux Guy wrote:Steve, how did you go with the camera?

I wasn't looking forward to pulling wires from the back to the front so I bought a remote wireless camera instead, It was $30 from Hong Kong and looks awesome. This one sits flush under the number plate because the bracket I got on the one from Digi would have to be modified. This camera is waterproof with a transmitter that can be hidden under the tray (nice and dry) with a transmitter that runs to a unit hidden behind the digi with a usb cable to the back of the gps. I will still have to find the reverse wire but it looks like a simpler build.

I too was very pleasently suprised how good the IGO8 gps software is, especially how customisable the display is with time, speed compass etc.

Yep, rear camera is all installed, im thinking of putting in a front facing one too (so i can get closer to vehicles in the front when parking as well).. but i might put it underneath and back a bit so i can see rocks etc when 4wding..

Darwin Lux wrote:Is this unit plug and play with the standard toyota loom, will this also be functional with my steering wheel controls. Once awsnered will order straight up :D

Yep plug and play with loom, and yes there is an input for your steering wheel controls as well (although Ive heard (cause i dont have steering wheel controls) that not all features on steering wheel are supported, but most are)..

Im going to Matt's place again this weekend, cause ive got a few other people who want these units now..

Make sure you mention newhilux forums to him to get a discount !

heres a couple more pics.. (Ill try not to 'shake with excitement' like GHG! :lol: :lol: )
My GPS puck mounted in centre of dash next to windscreen
My camera bypass switch so i can turn it on whenever i want
my rear camera mount (this is a camera i had previously not the one supplied)
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby stquinny on Wed, 02 Sep 2009 4:57 +0000

Steve9R
I noticed you ipod screen is different from the one I have. Does this control the Ipod fine? I must have an older format, and for some reason my direct control is not worth a pinch of you know what :cry: ?

Has anyone found a way the enlarge the DVD so it uses the whole screen and not leaving the black lines top and bottom?
That aint livin!!
stquinny

Postby GreenHilux Guy on Wed, 02 Sep 2009 6:03 +0000

Touche on the shaky photos :)

Yeah whats with the ipod interface? I have the old crummy one, yours looks sweet!

Ask Matt
GreenHilux Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Tips & Tricks