Genuine Toyota Snorkel

General discussion of basically anything related to the 2015> Hilux

Genuine Toyota Snorkel

Postby superclarkey on Sun, 31 Dec 2023 5:40 +0000

Can anyone help me find a company that will supply a genuine Toyota snorkel for the Hilux (GUN126R) 2.8ltr widebody to the UK!

I've emailed a few Australian based Toyota dealers and they will just not help me out, I've offered to pay more or just arrange my own shipping etc.

I can not buy the Genuine Snorkel here in the uk full stop, they do not allow it as it doesn't pass EU standards because you have to drill the A-piler to install it.

Can anyone put me in contact with someone friendly that could help me?
superclarkey

Re: Genuine Toyota Snorkel

Postby superclarkey on Sun, 31 Dec 2023 5:41 +0000

EDIT: Also if someone confirm the new part number is now PZQ1289100 as it used to be PZQ128940 I believe.
superclarkey

Postby specwarop on Sun, 31 Dec 2023 9:46 +0000

Is drilling the A Pillar a bad thing? What are the alternatives in the UK that allow you to run a snorkel?
specwarop

Postby superclarkey on Sun, 31 Dec 2023 9:57 +0000

Nah you can drill it no problem, no one will pull you up for it, even when the vehicle is tested at the MOT every year. Its just Toyota not wanting to sell them as an accessory as they most likely would have to test crash the vehicle with a snorkel fitted to meat NCAP safety ratings here so just thought it was easier to not sell them and let the after market companies supply them.

So I can get other brands here no issue, Safari etc, but due to my arches and the size of the safari version it will not work with my GR arches that the UK Hilux comes with.

Hope that makes sense.

I mean, we can fit 37" tyres here without any issues lol.. so bit dumb really.
superclarkey

Postby 241steve on Sun, 31 Dec 2023 4:16 +0000

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/131634603781
is that what your looking for what happens when you hit the buy now button on ebay how much does the postage come too? when I clicked it they wanted $58 to send it to me will they let you buy it or do you have to get it sent to someone in Australia to forward it to you just to make it hard.
https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/cal ... y-times/#/
I wouldn't be surprised if the ebay site sells it to you I think it uses that postage calculator it must know the size of the box.
241steve

Postby Bushwalker8 on Sun, 31 Dec 2023 7:44 +0000

superclarkey wrote:now PZQ1289100 as it used to be PZQ128940 I believe.

Almost, you dropped a zero. Seems the original kit was the same for part numbers PZQ1289030, PZQ1289040 & PZQ1289050. The new kit is the same for part numbers PZQ1289100, PZQ1289110 & PZQ1289120

You can drop the numbers in here to get the docs with component list and fitting details: https://toyotamanuals.com.au/accessories

The only difference between the two kits seems to be the ram head and grill part numbers change, all the rest of the main body, mounts and internal fittings remain the same so in theory you shouldn't have any fitment issues. I've seen references to both as wide body.

Disclaimer: I don't have an OEM one, mines an ARB so get another opinion to be sure! If a dealer can't provide any of the earlier numbers it's probably a good indication.
Bushwalker8

Postby superclarkey on Sun, 31 Dec 2023 10:40 +0000

241steve wrote:https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/131634603781
is that what your looking for what happens when you hit the buy now button on ebay how much does the postage come too? when I clicked it they wanted $58 to send it to me will they let you buy it or do you have to get it sent to someone in Australia to forward it to you just to make it hard.
https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/cal ... y-times/#/
I wouldn't be surprised if the ebay site sells it to you I think it uses that postage calculator it must know the size of the box.

Thanks for the reply, the eBay link simply says doesn’t post to UK. I’ve emailed a few dealers and they just not interested to help me out.

They all want me to have a domestic address to post to, which is so silly. I just bought a diff drop from Kaon in Aus and was simple and shipped straight to my door no hassle.. so it’s not impossible and it’s a bit of bloody plastic so can’t weigh very much.

I have googled everything I can from my end and I can’t believe I can’t just buy one. The exchange rate is decent too so it’s not stupid expensive to me.
superclarkey

Postby superclarkey on Sun, 31 Dec 2023 10:44 +0000

Bushwalker8 wrote:
superclarkey wrote:now PZQ1289100 as it used to be PZQ128940 I believe.

Almost, you dropped a zero. Seems the original kit was the same for part numbers PZQ1289030, PZQ1289040 & PZQ1289050. The new kit is the same for part numbers PZQ1289100, PZQ1289110 & PZQ1289120

You can drop the numbers in here to get the docs with component list and fitting details: https://toyotamanuals.com.au/accessories

The only difference between the two kits seems to be the ram head and grill part numbers change, all the rest of the main body, mounts and internal fittings remain the same so in theory you shouldn't have any fitment issues. I've seen references to both as wide body.

Disclaimer: I don't have an OEM one, mines an ARB so get another opinion to be sure! If a dealer can't provide any of the earlier numbers it's probably a good indication.

Thanks, the old part numbers have been superseded I saw, unsure why, but as you say the old numbers where listed as narrow body and wide body, and a different head, so presume the new numbers follow the same trend.

Clearly I need to be careful what I buy, but hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Worst case I’ll have to ask someone to buy it for me and post it, but clearly that comes with risk as some folk my see it as a free snorkel and I’m unlikely to get on a plane to come and kick their arse. Lol
superclarkey

Postby Rob_Wood on Mon, 01 Jan 2024 11:01 +0000

superclarkey wrote:
Worst case I’ll have to ask someone to buy it for me and post it, but clearly that comes with risk as some folk my see it as a free snorkel and I’m unlikely to get on a plane to come and kick their arse. Lol

You wouldn't need to jump a plane etc. If you choose an assistant that is Australian and properly registered as a member of this forum, then I feel confident that the moderators would be happy to help you enlist the assistance of local law enforcement (should the need arise). I also feel (relatively) confident saying that the vast majority of members on this forum would be happy to help you out, without the thought of taking advantage even crossing their minds.
Rob_Wood

Postby superclarkey on Mon, 01 Jan 2024 8:30 +0000

That’s good to hear, I think it’s going to end up me having to ask someone to help me out.

Clearly I don’t expect it for free, so happy to pay someone to assist me.
superclarkey

Postby Rob_Wood on Mon, 01 Jan 2024 9:18 +0000

superclarkey wrote:That’s good to hear, I think it’s going to end up me having to ask someone to help me out.

Clearly I don’t expect it for free, so happy to pay someone to assist me.

Sounds great. Unfortunately I live quite remotely and don't get to town very often. This of course means that if you were to choose me for assistance it'll likely take months rather than days or weeks.
I also suspect that whoever you choose is likely to want payment up front. I think someone earlier suggested you can get your sought item off eBay, This is likely to be your best option I think.
Rob_Wood

Postby superclarkey on Mon, 01 Jan 2024 9:48 +0000

I’m open to options, if anyone knows any dealerships or retailers that sell them and would ship to UK that would be my first choice.

If I get someone to do it on my behalf, this is where the risk is for me and why I need to know they are a long term member/trusted if I’m going to send them cash up front to buy it and post it etc.

You know what I mean, it’s difficult.
superclarkey

Postby Rob_Wood on Tue, 02 Jan 2024 1:40 +0000

superclarkey wrote:I’m open to options, if anyone knows any dealerships or retailers that sell them and would ship to UK that would be my first choice.

If I get someone to do it on my behalf, this is where the risk is for me and why I need to know they are a long term member/trusted if I’m going to send them cash up front to buy it and post it etc.

You know what I mean, it’s difficult.

I know exactly what you mean. It's basically taking a leap of faith. All I can suggest now is to check out eBay for yourself. Just going from memory it's either eBay.com.au or eBay.com
I think they're both options and probably one will lead to the other.
Just check them out and see what you find.
Once you've found what you seek on their website, you can choose whether to set up your own account or not.
Rob_Wood

Postby superclarkey on Tue, 02 Jan 2024 4:26 +0000

I have already done this, I’ve tried to register other than my Uk account and are meet with the same restriction. I started this search 2 months ago so this is my last resort to ask if anyone knows a trader that sells them other than Toyota dealership as they are very unwilling.
superclarkey

Postby greensic on Tue, 02 Jan 2024 5:20 +0000

We may be able to help each other out here. I want some seat covers for my Fiat 500 from Italy but they will only send to Europe, not Australia. So maybe I could get send your snorkel to you and you send me my seat covers and we sort out the money situation when we know it. What do you think?

I should be able to order and pay for the seat covers from here and will need your UK address and you do the same from your end for the snorkel.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Col.
greensic

Postby superclarkey on Tue, 02 Jan 2024 6:37 +0000

Only thing I would say is that the UK is no longer part of Europe Union, we left a few years back and now them sending those covers to me would be exporting to me, so might not work.

I have a good friend in Poland that might be able to help you out though, so might still be possible.

Drop me a PM and we can discuss.
superclarkey

Postby greensic on Tue, 02 Jan 2024 1:02 +0000

It appears that they will accept a UK address, so we can give it a try if you want to. Perhaps we can communicate off line and not bore everyone here. :-)

Cheers
Col.
greensic

Postby superclarkey on Thu, 04 Jan 2024 3:54 +0000

I have sent you a PM, unsure if you've got it or not.
superclarkey

Return to General Discussion