Long Time Lurker, New Owner

Long Time Lurker, New Owner

Postby apSlain on Sat, 28 Mar 2015 5:17 +0000

Hey all,

As the title suggests I've been lurking here for a long-time but have finally purchased an '06 SR Dual Cab 4x4 D4D HiLux as of yesterday. She's just shy of 100k kms and I'm rather happy with her so far!

I've always been a big ute fan and when I was younger my dream car was a Ford/Holden ute. As I got older and got into camping and off-roading I've had my eyes set on the workhorse utes, especially the HiLux. I'm coming from driving quite small petrol cars so this is a big change but she's had her (incidental) inaugural trip (mate owns a Jeep, 'nuff said) and I'm really happy with her.

I'm a little novice when it comes to cars but I'm hoping that this vehicle helps me get a bit more experienced and gets me to those remote disconnected places away from the CBD. NewHilux.net has been a great idea generator for the car though I'm thinking it's gonna help the car guzzle diesel as well as money from me :lol:
Check out Slain's Overlander, a perpetual work-in-progress.
apSlain

Re: Long Time Lurker, New Owner

Postby Jeffro2012SR5 on Sat, 28 Mar 2015 6:25 +0000

Welcome mate and congrats on the new car, enjoy it
Jeffro2012SR5

Postby Rocket55 on Wed, 01 Apr 2015 4:24 +0000

Image Welcome to the forum apSlain :D congrats on the Hilux. You need to watch out for those Jeep drivers... Plenty of good ideas and ways to spend your cash on here!

This forum contains an almost endless array of knowledge about the Toyota Hilux and over the years a lot of topics, questions and issues have been addressed. In order to get the most out of the forum and in an attempt to try and keep the information in an organised (well semi :lol: ) manner, please utilise the search function at the top of the page and ask your questions or contribute to existing threads as much as possible.

Here are some useful links to help you get the most out of this forum.

Search
Advanced Search
Search Members Shed's
Sandpit - An area for new members to experiment with posting pictures
How to post pictures
Budget mods $50 or less - quick cheap awesome mods to get you started
Forum Directory (BIBLE WIP) - quick links to popular stuff
Oh and the Forum Guidelines, just in case you skipped them like I did ;) when signing up - Forum Guidelines

Welcome, and happy posting :D
Cheers Rod
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Bitumen ...... another waste of public funds
Rocket55

Postby apSlain on Wed, 01 Apr 2015 10:14 +0000

Thanks for the welcome, fellas. I picked her up on the 27th of March and that night she was already heading out of Sydney to replace the Jeep. Covering 400k kilometres over the first 72 hours of ownership isn't a bad feat, I'd say.

Rocket55 wrote:You need to watch out for those Jeep drivers...

Tell you what, that Jeep has never let us down off the beaten track but she's been a heap of shit on the tarmac. The electronic sway bar (he's got a Rubicon) fried a few months ago which sent the electronics into a meltdown and last week they discovered a leak at the rear differential, not to mention the steering randomly locking up...my mate's lucky his future father-in-law is a mechanic.
Check out Slain's Overlander, a perpetual work-in-progress.
apSlain

Return to Introductions