No Limit Tuning Chip

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Re: No Limit Tuning Chip

Postby Piggy_2007 on Fri, 27 May 2011 12:23 +0000

Just to add my 2 cents worth, Ive had a No Limit chip in my 2007 D4D for nearly a year and can't fault it. I've also put them into a current 2.5 lt Triton, a VW and another D4D lux of friends. All working like a dream.

cheers
Mankind didn't fight it's way and evolve to the top of the food chain to be vegetarian
Piggy_2007

Postby Hilux Max on Fri, 27 May 2011 3:15 +0000

jim2612 wrote:
jim2612 wrote:forgot to add reply posted

helmut79 wrote:
pac wrote:quick update emailed nolimits today and they sent me the entire settngs list of 32settings!!,tried a few very top got limp mode but found some a few notches back that go like a dog shot in the arse (for a diesel).i CANT fault the product or the service-very professional, (im a builder in business and they are spot on for service) its making the local blokes look like a bunch of thieves in all honesty.
Sorry but thats the truth in my eyes.

Glad to hear it is working out for you mate.

Please keep us updated on your progress and if you have any issues with the chip

wow what model toyota have you got?? cause they couldnt help me after they sold me a unit

From Page 1 he said he has a Nov 07 build so its the technical update with the 6 pin common rail connector as opposed to the previous 3 pin connector. Mine is march 07 build and has the 6 pin connector -

pac wrote:g day getting a no limit chip sent in a couple of days ill let you know how it goes, hopefully no engine lights!
ive got the beau desert exhaust fitted so hopefully the combo works well (nov 07 model)

CHIP IT wrote:
pac wrote:quick update emailed nolimits today and they sent me the entire settngs list of 32settings!!,tried a few very top got limp mode but found some a few notches back that go like a dog shot in the arse (for a diesel).i CANT fault the product or the service-very professional, (im a builder in business and they are spot on for service) its making the local blokes look like a bunch of thieves in all honesty.
Sorry but thats the truth in my eyes.

Pac, its horses for courses of course, and depends on what people want from a tuning box.

They certainly cannot compete with our chip so I don't think you were targetting us on that flame. ;)

Just so there is some clarity:

They are not tuned here, they are not able to be custom tuned, they don't do Boost Control and they don't have EGT overtemp protection and they don't have 5 years warranty

Also local technical support is very favourable to most people and having an Aussie to speak to makes a lot people feel a lot more confident too.

ie trying calling them. All you get is a"contact us" email address.

Another example http://www.no-limit-tuning.com/tuning_example.php On this page the sensor they are refering to here is the MAP sensor ... not the CR sensor!!!

Agree with everything you say, but Pac did mention that he got a list of 32 different settings.....Im assuming that means you can choose a tune/setting to suit your application after playing around with them :roll:

Yes no 5 year warranty but they do offer a 3 year warranty as per their ebay listing -

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Diesel-Power-Chip-Module-TOYOTA-HILUX-3-0-D-4D-/260659754535?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cb0883627

A warranty on the commodity gives each respectable dealer (with us three years). But what is with possible damages at the vehicle? We let examine our boxes with the Alliance World Insurance. This insurance is liable for all damages, which resulted demonstrably from our commodity. This insurance is temporally unlimited. There are no restrictions (age of the vehicle, driven kilometres, installation date, etc.) for the buyer.It is not an additional insurance, which the customer must buy expensively. We trust our boxes, therefore it is a free addition.

I guess as long as they can provide this insurance guarantee on paper its worth considering for the price.

yes it is not to compete with Chip-Its product as their products are far superior but with a few of the great things such as boost controller, EGT and the custom tune available through your PC missing in this No Limit Tuning Chip I think this is a not bad deal.

I'd still personally wait till a few more have been tested and more local feedback has been put up on this forum. Just my opinion.
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby SerbLux on Sat, 28 May 2011 4:54 +0000

So would this chip work on a early model D4D, i.e 10/2005 the 3 pin version?

Ivan
'Take one for the Team' and do your Part
SerbLux

Postby Piggy_2007 on Fri, 03 Jun 2011 3:22 +0000

Just posting this following a personal message.

Mine's a manual so can't help you specifically with the auto related issue but I have never had it go into limp mode once. Because the extra power is there, you tend to use it a bit more when accelerating etc. but I have found I'm getting the same economy as before, eg about 10 l/100km. If I took my foot off a bit I think I would be getting slightly better economy than before.
I've also never experienced the black smoke issue including when its loaded up with quads and trailer etc. but if you do you can just tune it down a notch or up if you are not having any issues. The No Limit boxes have 12 course settings and 3 fine tune settings and comes set at '7' (middle of the range). They are extremely easy to change settings and come with instructions.
I have the slightly older No Limit chip that only has 7 settings, the new ones from about 6 months ago are as described above.
If you have the earlier build with the 3 pins, not a problem just let them know.

cheers, David
Mankind didn't fight it's way and evolve to the top of the food chain to be vegetarian
Piggy_2007

Postby CHIP IT on Fri, 10 Jun 2011 2:49 +0000

SerbLux wrote:So would this chip work on a early model D4D, i.e 10/2005 the 3 pin version?

Ivan

Yes we can.
CHIP IT

Postby lloydyroy on Sat, 11 Jun 2011 4:50 +0000

yeah put a no limits tuning chip in my o8 and limp mode straight away, still in limp mode with the chip out of it now
lloydyroy

Postby premier on Sun, 12 Jun 2011 7:08 +0000

lloydyroy wrote:yeah put a no limits tuning chip in my o8 and limp mode straight away, still in limp mode with the chip out of it now

you just need to clear the code out of the computer (if you have a scan guage)
2011 SR Extracab, ROH trojen wheels, Cooper tyres
premier

Postby tonymtber on Mon, 13 Jun 2011 2:49 +0000

For those who have this chip installed, has anyone put it under heavy load & seen where the EGT's are at? Any chip can give more power, but the AFR is the important thing that needs to be maintained.
Last edited by tonymtber on Mon, 13 Jun 2011 6:30 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
tonymtber

Postby ktm300 on Mon, 13 Jun 2011 5:26 +0000

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR ..Enough Said
ktm300

Postby shannon_parnell on Tue, 14 Jun 2011 9:31 +0000

I got me a no limit chip for my 05 d4d hilux and yeah it will put your ute into limp mode. BUT, not on every setting. I have mine on #3 and the torque gain is great to say the least. I'd estimate 20% bottom end increase. Like many luxy owners, I can't justify shelling out over a grand for a "chipit" regardless of its huge claims. I think I have found value for money in my opinion. :)
shannon_parnell

Postby CHIP IT on Thu, 16 Jun 2011 10:31 +0000

tonymtber wrote:For those who have this chip installed, has anyone put it under heavy load & seen where the EGT's are at? Any chip can give more power, but the AFR is the important thing that needs to be maintained.

I was hoping someone mentioned this.

Its exactly why we run MAP sensor control.
CHIP IT

Postby jogal on Thu, 16 Jun 2011 10:47 +0000

Hey Robert,
After using a Dp chip in my fisrt 150 Hilux (total piece of shit) and then Steinbaur in my last Hilux (not bad) after i decide to sell my current V6 and go back to the diesel due to the amount of fuel i'm using i'll be chasing you up for a Chip it chip. Not for anything but because your local from my experiences when something goes wrong it's been difficult to get answers from the others.
jogal

Postby CHIP IT on Thu, 30 Jun 2011 7:49 +0000

Sure. Happy to help

Cheers
CHIP IT

Postby jamez131 on Mon, 18 Jul 2011 4:30 +0000

I got a no limit chip the other day and it didn't work, all it done was put my engine light on and made my hilux gutless, I tried every tuning mode but it done the same thing, so I have sent it back.
jamez131

Postby CHIP IT on Tue, 19 Jul 2011 7:12 +0000

We traded one in the other day for another forum member
CHIP IT

Postby Swinny on Wed, 20 Jul 2011 8:48 +0000

well that would be me, and it is the best thing i have done after installing it my self, on the pre set setting on the box i could notice the power and torque it is unbeliveable for a friggen desiel it is a insane. at stock boost was only 14-15psi but know its 18-19psi. it is worth any penny, all i need know it a exhaust and better filter. not sure what exhaust as yet, so fellas if you got a no limit chip get rid off it and talk to robert at chip it. all it needs is a sticker saying CHIPPED IT... hahahahahaha :lol:
thanks robert
regards swinny
Swinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby CHIP IT on Thu, 21 Jul 2011 11:43 +0000

Funny post. Thanks for that Swinny and for the thumbs up.

BTW, you know what we do with those chips we trade in ??? They end up in a box. We have about 50 different products now and when we do 4WD shows ... like the one we did in Perth last weekend (16-17 July) ... we take our dyno and do comparos between their and ours. We show the audience that the others are turned up to MAX setting (so we don't get accused on cheating) and do a dyno run. Then we remove it and add the others and run again ... and lastly, after all the heat soak ... add ours and dyno again for all to see the results. I guarantee no one beats us. :)

Its a great test and blows everyone away.
CHIP IT

Postby premier on Sun, 24 Jul 2011 4:20 +0000

just brought a chipit for my 200 series cruiser just waiting for it to turn up this week so I can start enjoying some real V8TT power....BTW I brought the EGT version with the 10% forum discount
Thanks Robert for your in depth conversation and answering all my questions
2011 SR Extracab, ROH trojen wheels, Cooper tyres
premier

Postby CHIP IT on Mon, 25 Jul 2011 6:34 +0000

Thanks to you for taking the time to give us the good feedback Premier
CHIP IT

Postby Alby on Mon, 25 Jul 2011 7:16 +0000

Heads up for those with the chip. I went into limp mode on the weekend and could not clear the fault. It turned out that the wiring loom was resting on the EGR pipe and melted the loom and shorted out the cable.

Clip your cables well so they stay clear of the hot bits
On the internet you can be anything you want. It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid!
Alby

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion