Lucky your a hilux driver

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Lucky your a hilux driver

Postby Sr5luxy on Wed, 13 Oct 2010 3:32 +0000

Today i got pulled over doing 80 in a 50 zone..Im a p plater and the cop goes to me, whats ur excuse to why you are doing 30 over the limit? and whats stopping me from taking ur license off you right now, i said i have no excuse and he probably has the right to take it, he looked at me and said, "lucky you drive a hilux mate, im letting you off with a warning"...i was so stoked!..thank god i wasnt driving my mates navara!

anyone else had this kind of luck?
Sr5luxy

Re: Lucky your a hilux driver

Postby amitch888 on Wed, 13 Oct 2010 4:06 +0000

Ive had a small amount of luck, also had a fair amount of bad luck, done my licence twice in the past, for a month and then for 12 months! Since changed my ways and try and avoid the hole situation all together now lol clean licence for almost 5 years now.........touch wood!
FCCW
Mitch's Build

Education is what you get when you read the fine print, experience is what you get when you don't.
amitch888

Postby Sr5luxy on Wed, 13 Oct 2010 4:16 +0000

thats awesome, when he pulled me over all i was thinking was great cant get to work now and all these bad thoughts..then all of a sudden hes like, well ill give u a warning this time, the relief i felt was the best :D, 3 of my mates have lost their lisence in the past 4 months and one got a $800 fine for goin 80 in a school zone, i guess my cop really liked hilux's haha.
Sr5luxy

Postby amitch888 on Wed, 13 Oct 2010 4:41 +0000

Definately a lucky man, its a wonder he let you off altogether instead just knockin it back a bit, putting the fine down for 15 or so kms over.... But I guess if your on your P's any fine could see your licence gone for a while. Copper must be having a good day! And have a soft spot for a nice lux!
FCCW
Mitch's Build

Education is what you get when you read the fine print, experience is what you get when you don't.
amitch888

Postby H20PRF on Wed, 13 Oct 2010 6:48 +0000

Great Story Mate , very lucky BRO.

I had an experience about a month ago on Forshore Road, Botany which is now a 70 Zone, i always set Cruise on 65, anyway some unmarked black HSV looking thing came up behind all lights blaring, so im like wow ok mover left lane , they tuck in behind, next minute im thinking ok what unpaid fines do i have ? ok None....

So i pull over and i got out as 2 young 30 year olds in plain clothes get out , im like mate whats the "Gee Up " here, i do have mates in Highway Patrol based in Maroubra so i thought ok whats with this, anyway they say please go to the front of the vehicle, by now im like SHIT what the hell is this,

Anyway im standing out the fron of my LUX in Golf Gear ( USA Styled Pants Stars and STRIPES ) looking like a Fool, anyway they start laughing and im like guys ???? they go mate your LUX is Sick Bro we wanna have good peek, im like what ? the young one goes yeah bro im going to buy one soon, so tell me what mods, by now my heart rates come down to about 110 beats a Minute .......

Anyway gave em a look over and they took my business card and said he'd call if he wanted any more help with a purchase and mods, and i said yeah ok cool mate.....

Final words from them was Be "Cool" we're not all pricks :P

Cheers

Daz
H20PRF

Postby 9W6VX on Wed, 13 Oct 2010 9:05 +0000

I like the last line Daz ................. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Local cops over here are all pricks ..........
Cheers

Brendon
73 de 9W6VX
9W6VX
Site Admin

Postby Sr5luxy on Wed, 13 Oct 2010 10:10 +0000

hahaha daz! great story, i would of been shitting myself also, all they wanted was to check out a luxy they liked, then again if i was a cop id prolly do the same thing :D
Sr5luxy

Postby H20PRF on Sat, 11 May 2024 1:42 +0000

Yes i was seriously sweaty palms etc ..........

Too Funny Dave :)
Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat, 11 May 2024 1:42 +0000.
H20PRF

Return to General Discussion