Steinbauer - The Facts and The Figures to Prove It!

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Re: Steinbauer - The Facts and The Figures to Prove It!

Postby Drew on Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:48 +0000

No limp home problems with mine. It dosent raise the fuel rail pressure like the others that cause limp mode issues do. I gained 25kw at the wheels and 1/3 more torqu and i use almost 1L less fuel per 100km now, more power more torque less fuel by far the best money ive spent on the truck !!! Unplug it when ever you want with no dramas or have a togle switch put in to turn it off but why would you want it off lol
And it dosent matter if im doing 90kmh or 140kmh for hours at a time it uses the same ammount of fuel
Im not stuck..... Im thinking
Drew

Postby oldman on Thu, 12 Nov 2009 7:11 +0000

I've pretty much decided on the Steinbauer but can't decide which exhaust system ! Which one delivers the best results when fitted with the Steinbauer ?

Cheers,

Oldman.
The Misses said ! "Your always getting your ambitions confused with your ability !" What does she mean ?
oldman

Postby jogal on Thu, 12 Nov 2009 9:50 +0000

I,ve just gone for the Taipan seems to be ok
jogal

Postby crosssport on Fri, 13 Nov 2009 4:34 +0000

Oldman,

I did dyno tuning with Greg from Steinbauer on my hilux, I have the Humex system and Greg said it gave much better results than the Taipan system and the Humex is much cheaper.Humex retails for $890 the taipan is about $1400 I think.
DETERMINATION.....THERE IS NO TRYING...THERE IS ONLY DOING OR NOT DOING!
crosssport

Postby Drew on Fri, 13 Nov 2009 5:26 +0000

I too have the humex system
Drew

Postby Downunderlux on Fri, 13 Nov 2009 6:24 +0000

i am looking into a bigger exhaust next year, but undecided on which way to go to compliment the steinbauer.

The humex exhaust do they only do 3" and will that work properly with an auto ?
How much noiser is this exhaust over standard exhaust/ mufler system
Downunderlux

Postby Drew on Fri, 13 Nov 2009 6:40 +0000

A few of the guys on here are running the humex with the auto. 3" is the best size for our motors. I too was worried about the sound after hearing some shit ones up here lol but it is awesome, not much louder than standard but with a much deeper meaner sound. When you get up it you can hear it but still not too loud. No drone or extra noise in the cab either. Some guys take the muffler section out to make it louder but i think it sounds great the way it is, and was advised by the seller that i would lose power if i removed the muffeler instead of gaining power. I lost a bit of power when i fitted the 33" x 12.5" in the old speak but after fitting just the exhaust i gained back atleast the power i lost from the big tyres if not more, then the chip improved it from there.
Drew

Postby MADDOG on Fri, 13 Nov 2009 6:58 +0000

I have the Steinbauer and the Humex 3" thanks to crosssport. The exhaust is not loud, I love the sound. I drive around alot more these days with the stereo turned down so I can just listen to that sweet note. You'll love the performance of the combination. 8-) 8-)
MADDOG

Postby dts0246 on Sat, 14 Nov 2009 6:41 +0000

Hi guys. Just wondering what you are all paying for the Steinbauer's? Have many of you paid much less than the $1490 retail? If so can I ask from where? Feel free to PM me if you prefer. Cheers.
dts0246

Postby oldman on Sat, 14 Nov 2009 7:59 +0000

crosssport wrote:Oldman,

I did dyno tuning with Greg from Steinbauer on my hilux, I have the Humex system and Greg said it gave much better results than the Taipan system and the Humex is much cheaper.Humex retails for $890 the taipan is about $1400 I think.

Sounds good too me Shane ! ( Crosssport ) Could you please PM me a rough cost for the Humex and Steinbauer fitted ? I wouldn't mind a trip up stream for a couple of days just to have a look ! Thanks for the replies fellas.

Cheers,
Oldman
The Misses said ! "Your always getting your ambitions confused with your ability !" What does she mean ?
oldman

Postby Surfseeker on Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:04 +0000

This makes good reading...
I am going to go this way but cannot afford to do both the exhaust and chip at the same time. I will have to split the project to sneak it in past the wife ;)
So the question is which to do first?
I must say the dyno results for the exhaust (only) are impressive.
I wonder what the dyno result would have been if the chip only had been fitted?
I have long been dissapointed with the towing performance of my truck (an 09 D4D Auto). I tow a capmer trailer which is 1350KG fully laden.
I sit between 90-100kmh. Not only does the car feel as if it is struggling but the fuel usage goes ballistic...I average around 10 litres/100kms (around town) but when towing (at a steady speed) the fuel usage rises to around 20 litres/100kms!!! which is more that my mate with a petrol powered hilux and even more than another other mate with a V8 cruiser get when he tows his boat! :(
I bring this up becuase it may be relevant in deciding which way to go. Do I go the exhaust to try to improve breathing efficiency? Maybe go the chip first to give more power and hopefully reduce how much right foot is needed to keep rolling?
Surfseeker

Postby jogal on Thu, 11 Feb 2010 5:03 +0000

I would go the chip first if your towing a lot. I tow close to 2ton at its heaviest and i,m using about 13-14l/100 and thats one setting of the top. On the top setting the power wasnt much greater but it used more fuel.
jogal

Postby Horse on Thu, 11 Feb 2010 5:34 +0000

I have put the module in and have been running it at the highest setting so far and am using 10.5lts/100km
am yet to tow my camper but can tell it's going to be heap better next trip.Only done 450km since i put it in
but been loving it! Will be setting it lower next full tank but wanted to feel the power first up. Watch it in the wet if your running muddies makes your lux go FULLY SIC round corners.
Horse.
Chip first the misses won't look under the hood but might hear the exhaust .
Horse

Postby ssdsibes on Thu, 11 Feb 2010 6:21 +0000

I've just ordered a scangauge from Ample Outdoors and they have a custom Kw power gauge, I have a Steinbauer with an on/off switch so will be interested to see what the Kw gauge shows with the chip on or off.

Sam
ssdsibes

Postby broke on Fri, 12 Feb 2010 6:36 +0000

May sound like a silly question but,

Do you have to remove/disconnect/turn off these when you go in for a service?

Or do you just let them know and they work around it with respect to engine tuning?

Really want one of these but I am still working out how to do it on the sly! My better half would splinter if she knew I was going to spend $1.4k on nothing except for a bit of extra stick!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Daniel
broke

Postby ssdsibes on Fri, 12 Feb 2010 8:09 +0000

broke wrote:May sound like a silly question but,

Or do you just let them know and they work around it with respect to engine tuning?

Really want one of these but I am still working out how to do it on the sly! My better half would splinter if she knew I was going to spend $1.4k on nothing except for a bit of extra stick!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Daniel

I just turn my switch off, so engine is standard when I get it serviced. They probably wouldn't even know its there. Mine is under a HID ballast, Toyota techs probably don't even know where the motor is. They certainly don't know what degreaser is and are blind when my whole bashplate/front axle is covered in oil. F*%ken mental midgets.

I feel better now.

Sam
ssdsibes

Postby 9W6VX on Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:08 +0000

"I feel better now."

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Cheers

Brendon
73 de 9W6VX
9W6VX
Site Admin

Postby Horse on Fri, 12 Feb 2010 7:03 +0000

[quote][quote="broke"]May sound like a silly question but,

Daniel

Mines was out of warranty when i put it in .plus i have never used toyota service always gone to my mates work shop.
Tell this wife about the "fuel" you will be saving :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Horse

Postby bee08t on Fri, 12 Feb 2010 7:59 +0000

Go the chip first, a friend of mine just sold his 07' he's got a new one on order, he had full 3" exhaust and a DP chip, wanting to keep these for his new hilux, pulled off the exhaust first, replacing it with the standed one while he advertised his ute, chip still fitted, two weeks of driving, and he cannot notice no drop in power, performance or fuel econemy. so he says the 3" exhaust is not going back on the new car.
Is it just me, for a $1000 3" mandrel bend exhaust I'd want to feel something. :arrow: :roll:
Then the chip was removed, big difference, big drop in performance. our test track tells the story, stand start at the corner to the 80 sign, not real accurate, but that's what we like to go by.
3" exhaust and chip set on 7 - 145k/h
standed exhaust and chip set on 7 - 145k/h
standed exhaust no chip - 124k/h.
So mate put ya money on the chip. :arrow: that's my 2 bob's worth.
bee08t

Postby CostaRicanHilux on Tue, 11 May 2010 10:41 +0000

I need some help installing my steinbauer chip. Can any one tell me where to hook the reference wire up too?? Where is the wire located? Can any of you guys with a steinbauer post a picture thanks,
CostaRicanHilux

PreviousNext

Return to Fuel Systems