Getting the Auto Transmission Information on a generic HUD

General discussion of basically anything related to the 2015> Hilux

Getting the Auto Transmission Information on a generic HUD

Postby Grenald on Tue, 09 Jul 2024 12:30 +0000

Hello guys, i have a 4.0 2023 Hilux adventure also known as the vigo in some markets.
I bought this generic obd2+gps Smart guage A600 / AP-7 to monitor the auto transmission temp while i go offroad.
everything else works perfectly except the AT temp reading. talk about kicking myself
ahs anyone had the same issue and managed to fix it. im quite sure its a setting thing that i cannot figure out.
below is the type

https://ukmaster.ae/wp-content/uploads/ ... opy-1.jpeg
Grenald

Re: Getting the Auto Transmission Information on a generic H

Postby Rob_Wood on Tue, 09 Jul 2024 7:51 +0000

Grenald wrote:Hello guys, i have a 4.0 2023 Hilux adventure also known as the vigo in some markets.
I bought this generic obd2+gps Smart guage A600 / AP-7 to monitor the auto transmission temp while i go offroad.
everything else works perfectly except the AT temp reading. talk about kicking myself
ahs anyone had the same issue and managed to fix it. im quite sure its a setting thing that i cannot figure out.
below is the type

https://ukmaster.ae/wp-content/uploads/ ... opy-1.jpeg

There's an OBD guru in here somewhere (Hiluxury I think?). Be sure to respond to you before too long.
In the meantime I ... I sorta wonder, the vehicle computer these days tend to monitor just about anything and everything, taking inputs from all sorts of places around the vehicle. I sorta wonder though, does every model have all the inputs and sensors setup and ready to go, or do some of the "lower end of the market" models need to have sensors and wiring added for the inputs to be usable?
Rob_Wood

Postby Grenald on Tue, 09 Jul 2024 12:11 +0000

apparently it does, the model i have is the top end you can buy here. its the 4.0 l petrol. over the last decade it seems like toyota is relying too much on brand name and giving less and less while charging a premium price.
also the dealer here is dubai is unwilling to do anything extra or has any additional knowledge apart from the manual.
btw here is mine

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3six4XJgSf/
Grenald

Postby Grenald on Tue, 09 Jul 2024 12:11 +0000

apparently it does, the model i have is the top end you can buy here. its the 4.0 l petrol. over the last decade it seems like toyota is relying too much on brand name and giving less and less while charging a premium price.
also the dealer here is dubai is unwilling to do anything extra or has any additional knowledge apart from the manual.
btw here is mine

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3six4XJgSf/
Grenald

Postby Gipsy on Wed, 10 Jul 2024 6:37 +0000

Unfamiliar with HUD units but there are PID inputs which give all those details with scanguage so if there is some way of inputs of those PID algorithms it may be the answer. Look up scanguage PID with search, it may help.
Try this: viewtopic.php?t=32246
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Postby Rob_Wood on Wed, 10 Jul 2024 8:06 +0000

Gipsy has pointed out that ptommo59 might be the guru and maybe not Hiluxury. Apologies to either or both of you if any offence was taken, none was intended.
Rob_Wood

Return to General Discussion