Bench seat on and extra cab?

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Bench seat on and extra cab?

Postby Farmlux on Thu, 29 Jul 2021 8:58 +0000

Hi all,
I have a mate that replaced the bucket seats on his dual cab with a bench seat for the extra seats and he said they just bolted straight in. My question is could this be done on an extra cab? I currently have a single cab for work and love it and I don't want to go back to the small tray space of a dual cab, but I have 4 small kids so I need to be able to cart them around in a pinch. I was hoping I could convert the extra cab into a 5 seater for the rare occasions when I need to look after the kids, without losing too much tray space. Has anyone else done this? Thanks
Hayden
Farmlux

Re: Bench seat on and extra cab?

Postby Rob_Wood on Fri, 30 Jul 2021 1:11 +0000

Thinking of another way ... I've actually been trying to look at a Single Cab tray for a Twin Cab. I can't see it being great for entry and exit clearance when off road. But if you're not doing too many creek crossings then it might be an option to consider.
I guess with a little more engineering you could also look at extending the chassis and tail shaft, then entry & exit clearance won't be as much a problem, just getting pinned on stumps and rocks, but with an extension of only 2 or 3 foot it shouldn't be too bad.
It might be a generational thing, but I actually enjoy having my daughter "Helping Daddy" around the property ... If nothing else it keeps you alert when you have to watch the 3YO as well as keeping your own fingers out of the block splitter. :) :) :)
Rob_Wood

Re: Bench seat on and extra cab?

Postby NZMarkb on Fri, 30 Jul 2021 3:10 +0000

There are a couple of double cabs that have had their chassis stretched and extra cab trays fitted floating around Auckland
They were done in the early 2000's and look quite good
If your not prepared to stand behind our Troops
Then try standing in front of them
NZMarkb
Platinum Subscriber

Return to General Discussion