2018 Faulty 4WD Selector Switch - Now Jolt When Stopping

Gearboxs, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

2018 Faulty 4WD Selector Switch - Now Jolt When Stopping

Postby MarkJB on Sat, 08 Jun 2019 5:48 +0000

I have 2018 SR5 Dual Cab. I have never used the 4WD functions, however recently I got a warning on the instrument display "2WD-4WD mode change malfunction visit your dealer". The dealer has changed the 4WD Selector Switch under warranty. However since the warning appeared, when coming to a complete stop the is a movement after the stop. It feels that it's in the rear end of the drive line. To try and better describe the feeling, after the car comes to a stop there is a brief pause and a movement/jolt that feel like a push forward.

The dealer has said this movement is normal, the movement was not there prior to the 4WD Selector Switch malfunctioning. Anyone else experiencing this?
MarkJB

Re: 2018 Faulty 4WD Selector Switch - Now Jolt When Stopping

Postby Sartor on Mon, 10 Jun 2019 2:58 +0000

I assume that it is AUTO. It is normal if you put it in P-mode (park mode) - there is a little movement forward / backwards (depends which was the last mode of the CVT). For example, when I am reversing in the garage, when I put the stick in park and release the brake, there is a slight movement backwards.

If that happens on a stop light, then this is not working as expected - you should revisit them.
Sartor

Return to Drive Train Components