not warming up

Turbo, Manifolds, Exhaust, Intercooler, Internals etc

not warming up

Postby trd2000 on Thu, 18 Apr 2019 4:53 +0000

Hey Guys.

I have a 2014 diesel. it hasn't been warming up all the way. I thought the thermostat was stuck open as occasionally under load it would get up to half but usually the guage would sit at 1/4 hot.

So i had the thermostat replaced. I don't think they bled it properly as there was a gargling when i drove the 2 blocks home and it didn't seem to want to warm up. so i took it back today and got them to top it up and rebleed.

it's not moving the guage at all. drove it about 10km in stop start traffic and the guage didn't get above the low level mark. (it did move but just wouldn't go further up) I'm hoping if i rebleed it that might fix it.... but could use some urgent advice.

aside from running a bit cold it's been fine till now.
trd2000

Re: not warming up

Postby trd2000 on Thu, 18 Apr 2019 5:43 +0000

ok i just went and checked the coolant levels again. radiator full, coolant in bottle.

i could really use some help on this as i'm planning on leaving for lake eyre and ularu in the morning.

if it was the temp sensor then it should have kept behaving the same as prior to thermostat? and it shouldn't have gone up to half under load...???
trd2000

Re: not warming up

Postby TOYZX on Thu, 18 Apr 2019 10:12 +0000

Do you know how much coolant went into it? If it's still not bled properly it could do funny things at thr gauge as the sensor could have air around it. Leave the cap off the bottle and get it nice and hot until it stops bubbling. From memory there should be some kind of bleed screw in the top tank of the radiator somewhere. Some models had problems with gauge clusters too, mostly fuel level problems tho I think.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
TOYZX

Return to Engines