Dual Cab Interior Storage Ideas/Organisation?

Dual Cab Interior Storage Ideas/Organisation?

Postby TBJ on Tue, 04 Dec 2018 12:05 +0000

Having gone from an SV6 wagon to my 2012 SR5 Dual Cab, I'm finding I'm dumping more stuff and struggling to find anything when I want it, so I was wondering what are some solutions to my interior storage that you guys are using or can suggest? Photos would be awesome.
thanks
-2013 MY12 SR5 3.0D4D Manual 4x4 Dual Cab
TBJ

Re: Dual Cab Interior Storage Ideas/Organisation?

Postby HK1837 on Tue, 04 Dec 2018 12:51 +0000

Canopy with gullwing side doors and equipment boxes in the tub.

These canopies come with central locking now

https://www.caddystorage.com.au/product ... p-windows/
HK1837

Postby Andyfive on Tue, 04 Dec 2018 12:53 +0000

HK1837 wrote:Canopy with gullwing side doors and equipment boxes in the tub.

These canopies come with central locking now

https://www.caddystorage.com.au/product ... p-windows/

How do you fit the canopy in the interior of the cab.........

I normally fold my rears up and use some small stackable tubs.
Andyfive

Postby HK1837 on Tue, 04 Dec 2018 2:50 +0000

The back becomes interior once you put a canopy on. Not that much different to a Holden Wagon really! If I'm reading the question right.
HK1837

Postby TBJ on Tue, 04 Dec 2018 7:28 +0000

Thanks, I'm actually building a tray (or going to when I have some time off) so I'm literally just looking for some Storage ideas, like the tubs, I've got some seat organisers and a center console organiser, just looking for some other ideas, also whats a good iPhone holder to use in the Lux?
thanks
TBJ

Postby TBJ on Tue, 04 Dec 2018 7:28 +0000

Thanks, I'm actually building a tray (or going to when I have some time off) so I'm literally just looking for some Storage ideas, like the tubs, I've got some seat organisers and a center console organiser, just looking for some other ideas, also whats a good iPhone holder to use in the Lux?
thanks
TBJ

Postby HK1837 on Wed, 05 Dec 2018 5:41 +0000

That place I put the link up to for the canopy have a whole showroom of storage solutions. Called Caddy Systems or something like that. I browsed through it all when Ibought my canopy. Some good ideas in it all, mainly for the back but some inside stuff.
HK1837

Postby apSlain on Wed, 05 Dec 2018 7:03 +0000

TBJ wrote:Thanks, I'm actually building a tray (or going to when I have some time off) so I'm literally just looking for some Storage ideas, like the tubs, I've got some seat organisers and a center console organiser, just looking for some other ideas, also whats a good iPhone holder to use in the Lux?
thanks

So, you're looking for inside-the-cab organisation?

As for phone holders, I recommend RAM mounts. I have mine mounted to the A-Pillar using one of the hand grip screw threads.

There's also roof consoles (1, 2), or a net that runs across the hand grips (this is just an example, you can find something cheaper). The folding back seat mod with netting is a very good way to use some dead space as well. A visor organisor such as the Grid-It helps as well.

You could re-purpose these fire extinguisher brackets for something, I guess - though I have one and do use it for a fire extinguisher.

I'm in the same boat in looking for better interior organisation options...though I don't have seat organisors or centre console organisers. Can you chuck an example up of that console organiser?

Don't forget under the seats as well - plenty of dead space there...both front and back.
Check out Slain's Overlander, a perpetual work-in-progress.
apSlain

Postby Myralga on Thu, 06 Dec 2018 6:49 +0000

The only other option I would suggest. (apSlain you covered everything I would suggest otherwise)
Is the use of a clic-on Phone base rather then the ram mount but both options are great. Also “minecorp” make a UHF bracket off the A-Pillar for the 15+ lux I reckon it would have to be close for the old lux. (Look at the design and mimic it.)
I repurposed the mine Corp for a phone holder and the clic-on holds ARB’s linx Unit.
Roof consoles are handy as I loved them in my old cruiser work utes just don’t need em for the lux anymore.
I honestly wish I knew about the rear seat mod when I had my old lux. So much wasted space back there.
Because the new 15+ one is a solid rear section I went with a different solution and installed a 80l water bladder back there.
Also the two silly pockets down each side of the stereo are handy uhf holders for a no drill solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Myralga

Return to Tips & Tricks