Bluetooth radio head unit user manual

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Bluetooth radio head unit user manual

Postby gen7xtracab on Mon, 17 Sep 2018 12:46 +0000

I picked up a bluetooth radio for my 07.
Its a factory version that came out of a Corolla.

Fitted it, everything works great.

I listen almost exclusively to my music via a USB stick. The unit however reverts to the first song every time I start the car, so I get to hear the 1st few songs a LOT.
The old unit that I removed (older and different version of the OE Toyota radio) used to remember track position, which was perfect.

I have spent countless hours searching for a owners manual for this radio, so that I can see if there is a setting that I'm missing.

If anyone has a copy of the manual, or a PDF version of it, or can respond with a fix/go around, I'd sure appreciate it.

NO, I don't want to use an aftermarket head unit, thanks.

Web pics of radio:
https://imotorcarsearch.s3.amazonaws.co ... 165b3b.jpg
gen7xtracab

Re: Bluetooth radio head unit user manual

Postby jabiru18 on Sun, 23 Sep 2018 9:29 +0000

I had this same unit, and same result, it is what it is. When using USB even on random, goes to first song every time you start the car, annoying to say the least..

I tried putting all the tunes in one folder, renaming and tagging the tunes properly still no good.

Best way is to use Bluetooth and ditch the USB mate. Or plug in AUX cable direct to phone.

In the end I upgraded the unit.
jabiru18

Re: Bluetooth radio head unit user manual

Postby gen7xtracab on Sun, 23 Sep 2018 1:22 +0000

Thanks for the reply, j.
I ordered a user manual through the dealer, and have also scored a second unit that LOOKS in very good nick, but dunno if it works, so will just store it till this one craps out.

Seems dumb to backwards engineer the USB, but that's Toyota's prerogative, I suppose.

gen7xtracab

Return to General Discussion