p2006

Turbo, Manifolds, Exhaust, Intercooler, Internals etc

p2006

Postby pure spirit on Sun, 22 Apr 2018 1:32 +0000

Hi All looking for some suggestions.

Started getting p2006 codes about 300-400km or so after doing a service, fuel filter, air filter , oil filter and change (plus flush treatment) (vehicle has just gone 200,000 km sr5 diesel).

Was towing at the time (about 1.2t) first time I got the code I cleared it by is connecting the battery and continued on for about 500km with no issues then it happened again (was on a trip up the coast) cleared the code. After this picked up a code reader and it didn't happen again for about 800km then happened again and I was able to read the code p2006 (intake manifold runner control stuck closed bank 1).

Only happen when towing in D3 not pushing hard or high revs.

Anyone have any suggestion, have checked a few things but would like to start from the start

thanks in advance
Don't tell my boat but I think I like my hilux more !
pure spirit

Re: p2006

Postby DeadlyBeast on Sun, 22 Apr 2018 6:56 +0000

From troublecodes.net
Common causes of P2006 could include the following:

-Damaged, burnt, shorted, disconnected, or corroded wiring and/or connectors
-Split, hardened, cracked, or dislodged vacuum lines
-Defective position switch/sensor
-Defective vacuum actuator or other vacuum operated component(s)
-Carbon deposits on the control flaps that prevent free movement of the flaps. Note however that this condition is likely to be indicated by a “Range/Performance related code along with P2006
-Failed or failing PCM. Note that this is a rare event, and the fault must be sought elsewhere before any controller is replaced.

Step by Step instructions on that site but check all the obvious causes like connectors and vac lines
DeadlyBeast

Return to Engines