Toyota Genuine Reversing Camera Install

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Postby aaronpricey on Tue, 27 Dec 2011 1:56 +0000

Hi there
i dont get my new SR5 till March and have been buying some accessories for it,
i purchased a Geniune Toyota Hilux SR5 2011 Reversing Camera Kit Off Ebay from SysdneycityParts.
i was looking at the instructions trying to get my head around the install, it seems ok but i'm a bit confused with 1 harness i have to install, i'm hoping someone out the might have done one and can shed some light.

the harness is labelled - PZQ60-00150
it has 3 wires hanging from it
Green (grey dash)
Red (grey dash)
Purple (white strip)

these wires are spliced and split over 4 plugs, which i assume will plug into the Audio Screen.

has anyone fitted oned of these and can tell me which wire is for which, as there are no instructions in the book for this harness, it just says for "Note - to show the reversing display on the screen, reverse signal need to be connected using harness PZQ60-00150 harness.
aaronpricey

Re: Toyota Genuine Reversing Camera Install

Postby Ggn25 on Tue, 27 Dec 2011 2:47 +0000

I have fitted a few , but not the latest ( face lift) model with the new audio unit. I can find out more after work tomorrow . The older units have to have the reverse signal , speed sensor (purple) and a power.
As for the 2 plugs - it is a patch harness that connects to the audio piggy backed and the camera wire plugs into it.

Cheers Tim
Ggn25

Postby aaronpricey on Wed, 28 Dec 2011 3:23 +0000

sweet thank for the feedback
aaronpricey

Postby kruzir on Fri, 13 Jan 2012 1:29 +0000

Hi,
I have fitted a PZQ60-00531 to my 2006 dual cab today.. Also installed a factory rear view cam (PZQ90-89011) You need the wiring harness PZQ60-00150 for the camera installation. It is pretty much plug and play but purple wire out of that 3 wires hanging from it is for the camera activation. So tha camera comes on when you put it into reverse.

Regards,
kruzir

Postby mickrr on Sun, 15 Jan 2012 5:56 +0000

I cant remember the part numbers but i installed the TGP camera and harness that was supposed to be correct for the truck (Jun 2011 build SR). the loom had a pair of flyaway leads (green and purple/white) the purple/white is the speedo and is already wired in as part of the main body loom.

the green however is the reverse signal. it needs to be tapped into a red/white wire under the passengers seat. this wasnt in any of the toyota documentation.

ill hunt down the part numbers for reference.
mickrr

Postby aaronpricey on Mon, 16 Jan 2012 5:11 +0000

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated!
So I need to hook the green wire up to a red wire for reversing signal, yeah?
Would have thought I'd be looking for a green wire, so colour didn't change.
I probly would have shorted something out.
Cheers
aaronpricey

Postby mickrr on Mon, 16 Jan 2012 3:23 +0000

yeah ill find the toyota paperwork but it gave really detailed instructions for everything else but neglected this, took ages scratching around under the car with a multi meter to work it out.

the green off the patch loom went to a red/white under the passenger's seat which then ran to the reverse switch on the gearbox. if you dont connect this the display wont switch to the camera when in reverse.

the purple/white lead is for the speed sensor and for my vehcile was already part of the body loom where the patch loom connects in so didnt need to be connected.
mickrr

Postby Mattya on Mon, 16 Jan 2012 5:28 +0000

So just a re cap. I have a facelift sr5. What do I need to buy to have reverse cam? Just a cam from eBay and a Toyota harness? I pulled my dash out to have a look and there are a couple of spare plugs and some wires that looked like an afterthought with scotch clips. One went to the park brake which I assume is for the DVD function.

Thanks.
Im Always On The Edge, It Only The Sharpness That Varys.
Mattya
Platinum Subscriber

Postby jacko306 on Fri, 27 Jan 2012 7:53 +0000

Hi

I have just got a 2012 SR5 Dual Cab 2WD. This thing sure needs a reverse camera. I have installed a camera and proved it works with a portable tv. My head unit PZQ60-00531 has the 6.1 inch color screen. The unit already has the PZQ60-00150 harness so I connected up the reverse sense which was coiled up in the dash. (Green Slate)

The problem I have is I can see on the head unit under system check the park brake on / off and the reverse on / off when i put the car in reverse or pull the park brake on/off. So thats wired up ok. I can not find any settings for the rear camera.When I select reverse nothing happens.

I spiced the camera of the + and -ve at the reverse globe. It comes on when I select reverse on my test TV. The 4 pin plug CN4950 at the top left when looking at the rear of the head unit has four wires. I got a pin out diagram for the back of the radio.

1 V+
2 CA +
3 V-
4 CGND

I wired pins 2 and 4 to the camera cable. Pins 1 and 2 are 6 volts for Toyota camera. I am not using these as I bought a camera from ebay 12 v.

The only thing I have not tried is earthing the cgnd at the head unit. Any thoughts or suggestions would be good.

Jacko
jacko306

Postby Mattya on Sun, 29 Jan 2012 9:23 +0000

You prolly shouldn't have spliced any wires at the back. I bought the Toyota cam the other day installation was a breeze. The camera plugs into the back of the stereo. The green wire from the 150 patch harness for the reverse signal can be clipped onto a red and white wire on the fuse box at the lower left of the steering wheel.

The camera comes with instructions. You should follow them.
Mattya
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Mattya on Sun, 29 Jan 2012 9:29 +0000

Check it with a multimeter first! If you don't have a multimeter then you should not be touching your cars wiring. Test light's draw to much current to use on the ECU's these days.
Mattya
Platinum Subscriber

Postby jacko306 on Fri, 03 Feb 2012 6:29 +0000

Mattya wrote:Image

Check it with a multimeter first! If you don't have a multimeter then you should not be touching your cars wiring. Test light's draw to much current to use on the ECU's these days.

All sorted. Total cost $30. Yes I have a multimeter. I been a electronics tech for 30 years. I made my own plug and used a $29 e bay camera. The factory pin out diagram I got had two locations marked camera input.

What I did learn is my eyes are not what they used to be.
jacko306

Postby Mattya on Fri, 03 Feb 2012 7:41 +0000

30 bucks! Nice work. My Toyota cam was 270. I was going to go the eBay route but I wanted Painless install. Have you got any pics?
Mattya
Platinum Subscriber

Postby aaronpricey on Tue, 07 Feb 2012 3:17 +0000

Hi mattya
So the Toyota camera is pretty easy to install? Yeah
Can you give me some instructions for fitting the 150 harness as there are none in the box with my camera just instructions for the camera harness.

I am an electrician and electronics tech so have a meter.

So the red wire shown in the picture, the long green wire in harness 150 attaches to this?
What about the red and purple in harness 150?
And where do the plugs, plug into?

Cheers
Aaron
aaronpricey

Postby Mattya on Tue, 07 Feb 2012 5:16 +0000

Red wire is for your park brake switch and the purple is the speed sensor. Just clip the green wire to the red and white as shown in the pic.
The 150 harness will just plug in where it fits. I'm pretty sure it can only go in one location.
Mattya
Platinum Subscriber

Postby aaronpricey on Wed, 08 Feb 2012 6:44 +0000

sweet, so looking at your picture the plug that the red wire is coming out of has a purple and a green wire also.
are these the other wires?
i would have thought green would go to green, not green to red, i would have stuffed up for sure, thanks for the info.
aaronpricey

Postby Mattya on Wed, 08 Feb 2012 7:32 +0000

No the other wires you see are not of use for the install.
I haven't got the speed sensor wire hooked up (not sure what it's used for and Toyota couldn't tell me either) so it's still coiled up behind the stereo.
The park brake wire stops the video function from working unless you have the park brake applied. So I would suggest not connecting it. ( I'm not sure if it goes to ground or 12v to allow video watching at all times)
Do you really plan on watching movies on that little screen?
Mattya
Platinum Subscriber

Postby aaronpricey on Wed, 08 Feb 2012 8:38 +0000

didn't know you could watch movies on the screen!! But probly not.
So how did you find out that the Red wire was the reversing signal? hours of testing?
thanks so much for the advise, can't wait to get my hilux, such a long wait.
aaronpricey

Postby aandy on Thu, 01 Mar 2012 2:26 +0000

aaronpricey wrote:Hi there
i dont get my new SR5 till March and have been buying some accessories for it,
i purchased a Geniune Toyota Hilux SR5 2011 Reversing Camera Kit Off Ebay from SysdneycityParts.
i was looking at the instructions trying to get my head around the install, it seems ok but i'm a bit confused with 1 harness i have to install, i'm hoping someone out the might have done one and can shed some light.

the harness is labelled - PZQ60-00150
it has 3 wires hanging from it
Green (grey dash)
Red (grey dash)
Purple (white strip)

these wires are spliced and split over 4 plugs, which i assume will plug into the Audio Screen.

has anyone fitted oned of these and can tell me which wire is for which, as there are no instructions in the book for this harness, it just says for "Note - to show the reversing display on the screen, reverse signal need to be connected using harness PZQ60-00150 harness.

Hey mate I just fitted one today to my 2012 SR5, also bought it from sydney city parts ebay.
that harness PZQ60-00150 was already fitted to my car with the green red and purple wires coiled up behind stereo, I uncoiled the green, ran it to under passenger seat and spliced into red/white wire. every thing else I did as per supplied instructions. All works a treat.

I now have a spare PZQ60-00150
aandy

Postby Cinan on Sat, 10 Mar 2012 5:08 +0000

I have a standard Toyota reversing camera installed in my 2010 SR5. I was thinking about putting in a small switch on the drivers side of the dash that I could use to switch the camera on at any time and then back to normal mode of coming on when reversing. Has anyone done this and how easy is it ??

Andrew
Cinan

Next

Return to General Discussion