Cure is back

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Cure is back

Postby Cure on Sat, 28 Jan 2023 10:18 +0000

As some of you know I had 2018 N80 SR dual cab. It was set up as a tourer, had GVM upgrade, canopy, lithium, long range, bar work and much more. I bought it brand new in 2018 and sold it in October 2022, had 150 000 kms of mostly trouble free driving with exception of some DPF issues which were sorted.
I sold it for couple of reasons, it was outside of warranty (back in 2018 they were giving only 3 years warranty), and it had 150k on it. Not to mention that I sold it for a fortune. During my ownership this car seen many remote locations including Cape York in 2022.

When I sold it, I thought trying another brand (do not shoot me please :roll: ), so I fell for a next gen ranger V6. Which I got in October 2022.
It turned out that vehicle (if you can call it that) is a complete lemon. In only 3 months of having it it spent more time at the dealership than with me.

It had failed tailshafts, failed wipers, failed turbo, failed software glitches, centre console, instrument cluster, bonnet that wants to fly off every time truck passes by etc
The only thing that's kinda good on that bucket is V6 (so far).

So promptly decided to get rid of it before I invest any money on accessories.

Back to Hilux and trying to forget this ford nightmare, I got new 2022 SR 4x4 auto, same I had in 2018.
Nice to see some changes since 2018, instrument cluster, line keeping, adaptive cruise control, increase in power.

Now let the mods begin. Photos will follow.

Waiting for BFG KO2's next week, snorkel, bash plates and long range tank.
Then tray with canopy etc
Cure

Re: Cure is back

Postby Chopps on Sat, 28 Jan 2023 8:54 +0000

Sounds like a nightmare. I hired a ranger a few years ago. It made it less than 100km from the rental company before it threw a code and wouldnt start. Waited a few hours for onroad assistance to fix. Said that this was very common with rangers. I'm no giant but even I needed to adopt T-Rex arms to operate the electric windows :lol: Terrible design
Chopps

Postby Cure on Sun, 29 Jan 2023 3:15 +0000

And to top it all, there are heaps of fanatic ford fans online who will troll and lynch anyone complaining about any issue with ford. I just don't get it, how so many people can put up with all the trouble and be so loyal to something so bad.

But enough about ford from me, Im glad nightmare is over and my build can begin.
Cure

Postby Gipsy on Sun, 29 Jan 2023 5:50 +0000

My bet is we won't be hearing any problems with Mr 4X4 and his ranger :lol: after spending $70+ on all his add-on stuff (well actually he probably didn't actually pay for any of it). All those add-on bits dont fix the problems that Cure described :evil: Most likely Ford gave him the ranger for free too... Influencer? Bet we won't see it on a tilt-tray in the Great Sandy either :lol:
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Postby Rob_Wood on Sun, 29 Jan 2023 9:39 +0000

Gipsy wrote:My bet is we won't be hearing any problems with Mr 4X4 and his ranger :lol: after spending $70+ on all his add-on stuff (well actually he probably didn't actually pay for any of it). All those add-on bits dont fix the problems that Cure described :evil: Most likely Ford gave him the ranger for free too... Influencer? Bet we won't see it on a tilt-tray in the Great Sandy either :lol:

Just checking, is that a comment on Ford? Or on the ability of the tilt-tray in sand?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Rob_Wood

Postby Gipsy on Sun, 29 Jan 2023 9:42 +0000

Well I suspect that recovery vehicles do very well out of rangers and Jeeps :lol: :lol:

Edit; Oh no... He's bogged the new ranger, first day out :lol:
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Postby Rob_Wood on Sun, 29 Jan 2023 4:56 +0000

Gipsy wrote:Well I suspect that recovery vehicles do very well out of rangers and Jeeps :lol: :lol:

Edit; Oh no... He's bogged the new ranger, first day out :lol:

Yeah, I kinda suspect they'd have something other than a standard tilt-tray out that way too.
Rob_Wood

Postby Cure on Sat, 25 Feb 2023 7:24 +0000

BFG's on, aluminium tray, toolboxes, snorkle, LED lights, Side Doors Body Moulding, window tint, Redarc Brake Controller, Anderson plugs, battery isolator, wiring for DCDC and Lithium battery in canopy, extra power outlets inside of cabin etc .... waiting for canopy next week

Cure

Return to Member Build Ups