Charlie's 07 SR5 V6

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Charlie's 07 SR5 V6

Postby ptrl1600 on Thu, 14 Jul 2022 9:18 +0000

Rob_Wood wrote:Just wondering if the rice cooker bowl in the early pics is out of a sunbeam? It looks like ours. :shock: Our sunbeam died as well, we've saved the bowl to be the "Out Camping" rice cooker to go on whatever heat source we're using. You've clearly found a different use for yours. :)

Haha! Amazing what people pick up? To tell you the truth, I'm not sure if it's a Sunbeam, but you could be right. We've been through a few of them. I use it to drop in all the bolts and bits that need to be cleaned in solvent. I've had plastic bowls go brittle and crack with some solvents.
ptrl1600

Postby ng_newbie on Fri, 15 Jul 2022 10:19 +0000

G'Day Charlie

Get write up about the Lookkas :)

The pics make all the difference !!!

How do you get them into the post ?

Do you 'Paste' them CTRL V or right click 'Paste' ?

TIA
In the market for

- Lokkas & someone to help me install it :)
- 24v Rattle gun - https://dewalt.com.au/products/dcf899hn ... -bare-unit
- 24v Freezer
- 24v Air Conditioner
- 24v Battery Pack - ozBATs.com
ng_newbie

Postby ptrl1600 on Fri, 15 Jul 2022 2:16 +0000

ng_newbie wrote:G'Day Charlie

Get write up about the Lookkas :)

The pics make all the difference !!!

How do you get them into the post ?

Do you 'Paste' them CTRL V or right click 'Paste' ?

TIA

No, I have my own web hosting, so I just upload them to my website and link them.
Even "My Shed" is hosted on my own site.
Cheers,
ptrl1600

Postby ptrl1600 on Thu, 04 Aug 2022 11:39 +0000

Another minor update! I was looking into throttle controllers for a while and I must admit that I didn't think they would be very beneficial, but after a bit of research and seeing all the positive comments about them, I decided to give one a try. I've been pleasantly surprised with the results and would recommend one to anyone looking to improve performance and have the ability to customize their throttle response. To me, it's just like having a "Sport Mode" but it also allows me to dampen the throttle response when climbing a steep rocky hill and accidentally stabbing the throttle while going over bumps etc. With the highest setting the car is dynamically transformed and I find that I get a lot of wheel spin, particularly in the wet, but when traveling at speed, it kicks back through the gears and holds them much longer than it normally would. I've had cars tuned that react in a similar way, but without the option of going back and this is certainly much cheaper than getting a tune.
Not sure how it would perform with the diesels, but it's certainly made a difference to the 1Grfe.

ptrl1600

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups