Oil Leak in KUN26 D4D

Turbo, Manifolds, Exhaust, Intercooler, Internals etc

Oil Leak in KUN26 D4D

Postby sosilboy on Fri, 17 Dec 2021 1:10 +0000

Hi guys. Brand new member. Looking for some help/advice. I've got oil leaking from what looks like the passenger engine mount. I notice there is a plug if sorts underneath it, is this a common problem? Has anyone seen something similar?

Just wondering the costs involved, looks pretty hard to get to. [Img]https://imghostr.net/image/fvCqm[\img]
sosilboy

Re: Oil Leak in KUN26 D4D

Postby Gipsy on Sat, 18 Dec 2021 4:45 +0000

You sure it's not oil that has spilled from the oil filter last time it was changed? Not much down there that will leak oil. Who changed the oil and filter last? It's easy to let some oil spill from the filter if insufficient care is taken. There's a drain tube under the filter but it goes nowhere and if oil leaks from the filter it runs down all over the area below.
By the way, kun26 is gen 7 and not in this section of newhilux. What year model is your Hilux?
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Return to Engines