Rear leaf spring and shackle bolts?

Rear leaf spring and shackle bolts?

Postby Edjon on Mon, 02 Dec 2019 8:18 +0000

Hi there fellow Hilux owners.
Newbie to this and am going to attempt a badly needed bush replacement to the leaf springs. So sorry if this has been posted previously, but cannot find a relative thread.

Done the homework/googling and confident of it all bare one issue. I have a 2007 twin cab kun26 Diesel 4x4 .
Have not yet tried unbolting but curious if the set up is a bolt that won’t spin while removing nut (seems unlikely) and simply push out, or it is a bolt and locked in sleeve set up, or I would have to unbolt while spring in tension to prevent spinning. Strange that the front of leaf spring bolts have a bolt and nut set up and not the rear... not sure what the go is and would appreciate some advice so I’m not stuck with an unusable Ute.

Thanks in advance
Edjon

Re: Rear leaf spring and shackle bolts?

Postby hiluxxury on Tue, 03 Dec 2019 4:33 +0000

Gday Edjon, welcome to the forum. First up, I've moved you post from the electrical to suspension section.

Re your question, have a look at the pic of the shackle here https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine ... g301000348

The through-bolts are fixed to one side of the shackle. You need to undo both the upper and lower nuts and then remove the shackle. Hope this answers your question.
I might be wrong.

2005 SR Hilux 1KD - SOLD
2009 BMW X5 - destroyed by a hail storm
2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 - SOLD
2015 Ford Ranger
hiluxxury

Re: Rear leaf spring and shackle bolts?

Postby Edjon on Tue, 03 Dec 2019 9:45 +0000

It does Hiluxxury
The ol through bolts, should have guessed.
Appreciate the help.
Edjon

Return to Suspension