DPF Delete / Remove DPF

Turbo, Manifolds, Exhaust, Intercooler, Internals etc

Re: DPF Delete / Remove DPF

Postby rusty66 on Wed, 21 Nov 2018 11:34 +0000

Hi, I see no sense in it. I have very frequent burns and as I often don’t do long runs the burn gets stopped and starts all over again. During the burn more fuel is used so that I see no point from an economic perspective. Ideally I’d like to remove the whole lot or blank it off, including ad blue. It should improve mpg and performance while putting less strain on the engine and eliminating ancillaries that potentially can break, as well as not having to worry about carrying ad blue.
As with the light that you can’t switch off or the belt that you can’t leave off or the door that can’t be opened silently with key in the ignition, I do not like stuff to forced on me.
When I had a Defender I blanked off EGR and it did the vehicle and my driving experience a whole lot of good.
rusty66

Postby jaybajan on Fri, 23 Nov 2018 12:08 +0000

I have a 2014 hilux sr5 KUN26r, and i have a blasted DPF, and i want to get it removed also
jaybajan

DPF Delete / Remove DPF

Postby Hiluxtorv on Fri, 23 Nov 2018 5:47 +0000

Hey everyone,
I posted earlier up in this thread about dpf deletes.
After trying a dpf delete pipe which was horrible quality and didn't fit properly, and a bad module I had to go back to stock completely.
I then waited a bit longer and a mate from Toyota got me a spare dpf, I then removed all the internal honeycomb and went to doctor diesel in chipping Norton to turn off dpf at ecu. He also turned off the egr while I was there!
It is possible to punch out stock dpf, I would recommend trying to weld a pipe through the middle though so the flow is more direct!
Car now smells like a diesel but there's never any soot!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImageImage
Hiluxtorv

Postby Bushwalker8 on Sat, 24 Nov 2018 5:57 +0000

rusty66 wrote:I see no sense in it

It traps dangerous particulates from the emissions. Diesels from all manufacturers have to get them, they have no choice. And we choose to buy them, and hopefully not mess with them and spew our dirt in everyone elses face.
Bushwalker8

Postby wildthing on Sat, 24 Nov 2018 4:59 +0000

So in a big country with clean air like Australia where we have thousands of kilometres of outback to travel, we have to put up with the same rules the city-living Greenies insist on importing from polluted Europe.
wildthing

Postby rusty66 on Sat, 24 Nov 2018 7:25 +0000

Air quality in the first world has been getting better for decades. The political and corporate forces who are behind this don’t really care about environmental pollution. Otherwise they would look into global trade as a major pollutant as well as global (air) travel or even where the raw materials for the allegedly greener products such as batteries for e cars come from.
I also question the benefit of frequent burns with increased revs for the environment or the longevity of the car. And where does the end product end up? It’s not like it vanishes into a void.
The DPF and EGR and the whole lot make the vehicle more complicated and more prone to failure and potentially costly or even dangerous breakdowns. If I use my car sensibly I don’t see any point in using this stuff. Nor do I feel bad about removing it.
rusty66

Postby Bushwalker8 on Sun, 25 Nov 2018 4:36 +0000

wildthing wrote:a big country with clean air like Australia where we have thousands of kilometres of outback to travel

The big trend here is actually more 4WD utes as suburban runabouts and the only people I've met who have had issues with their DPF's and considered removal were city driving only for business which is likely what killed them in the first place. Catch 22.

I don't like the complexities either but I'm not going to remove it, there are thousands out there that work fine. My light hasn't come on in 50K and I've programmed a scan gauge 2 to force a burn if I ever need to. We also have a Subaru outback diesel with 160K and the DPF in it has never had an issue.
Bushwalker8

Previous

Return to Engines