Newbie from Camden.

Newbie from Camden.

Postby Nates SR5 on Mon, 02 Mar 2015 8:50 +0000

Firstly i would like to say hi to everyone. I currently have a Hilux SR5 2010. I am looking at getting into the 4wd scene.
Plans are to include a lift kit?? Bars front,rear & sides. winch, new rims & tyres 31"-32" Rooftop Tent etc. I have owned the vehicle since new & it is totally stock & i am new to the scene, so i am looking forward to the adventure.
The SR5 is my everyday transport so all mods will need to be suitable, however i also want to be able to have no concerns
when out & about. All advice is appreciated.
Nates SR5

Re: Newbie from Camden.

Postby kyle300exc on Mon, 02 Mar 2015 10:08 +0000

Welcome to the forum Nate, plenty of info available for you on here. Plenty of great local lads as well.
Kyle

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
kyle300exc

Postby mylux04 on Mon, 02 Mar 2015 1:07 +0000

welcome Nate good luck with the mods.
Cheers Tony
mylux04

Postby Rocket55 on Mon, 09 Mar 2015 3:36 +0000

Image Welcome to the forum Nate :D you've come to the right place to learn about your 4wd and any mods you want to do with it. All the mods will be perfectly fine as a daily driver.

This forum contains an almost endless array of knowledge about the Toyota Hilux and over the years a lot of topics, questions and issues have been addressed. In order to get the most out of the forum and in an attempt to try and keep the information in an organised (well semi :lol: ) manner, please utilise the search function at the top of the page and ask your questions or contribute to existing threads as much as possible.

Here are some useful links to help you get the most out of this forum.

Search
Advanced Search
Search Members Shed's
Sandpit - An area for new members to experiment with posting pictures
How to post pictures
Budget mods $50 or less - quick cheap awesome mods to get you started
Forum Directory (BIBLE WIP) - quick links to popular stuff
Oh and the Forum Guidelines, just in case you skipped them like I did ;) when signing up - Forum Guidelines

Welcome, and happy posting :D
Cheers Rod
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Bitumen ...... another waste of public funds
Rocket55

Postby Nates SR5 on Thu, 19 Mar 2015 5:01 +0000

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the reply.
I have came across the caloffroad 3" lift. Has anyone had any experience with this kit or can recommend another.
I was going to use ultimate but they only offer 2"??? unless going to the 4" engineered kit.
Also can anyone recommend a workshop with a good history for their work in the south west of sydney.
Decisions Decisions.
cheers.
Nates SR5

Postby Nates SR5 on Tue, 26 Jun 2018 4:56 +0000

Any advice appreciated,
Hilux went in for the 300000k service on Monday. Got her back with new front drive shafts as a boot had been split since last service. Driving home & thought I would give her a Run in H4. Forgot to return to H2 then drove to work today only realising on the way home. The dash stick figure 4x4 mode light flashed a couple of times & now won't show when selecting H4.
Drove around 120ks up to 100kph on sealed roads. A few tight turns.
Where is the 4X4 sensor on the box.
Nates SR5

Return to Introductions