Westcoast Suspension

Westcoast Suspension

Postby Allords on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 8:39 +0000

Just a heads up for the guys in WA, may work for other states as well as im sure they freight stuff around the country everyday.
After getting the ARB long range tank installed, combined with an alloy factory bar, Dual Battery setup, canopy and rear drawers etc, i have decided to upgrade the suspension.
After looking around at whats on offer from the big brands, i came across Westcoast suspension in Bassendean.
Looked online for reviews etc, and to my surprise these guys seem to be the sleeping giants. No review was bad or poor. In fact it was positive.

So after a chat over the phone, stipulating my requirements of a lift of between 40-50mm, but something that would hold up on miles of corrugations, give me my factory balance whilst being comfortable, reliable, and not get flogged out we settled on the following.

Front struts with 60KG constant coils
Rear shocks, with 250kg constant leaf springs
Greasable shackles, new bushes, etc etc.
A plug and play system basically.

Jessie from Westcoast delivered the items to me the same day and we had a good chat.
This guy lives 4x4 offroad driving and has had everything from Prado's to Patrols, to Hummers, and beats the crap out of them.

The company dates back to the 1920's. Manufactures their own springs in Freo. Tests every product for quality control and fits out/does the GVM upgrades for the WA police paddy wagons, mining companies, etc.
Real world experience, and took me through the product. Twin walled, oil filled with gas. Completely rebuildable.
Have you ever seen foam or polystyrene heated and return to its original state again?

What was of particular benefit to me was their dealer network.
Kunnanurra, Broome, Derby, Halls Creek, Alice, Albany.....Any out of the way shithole where if you are going to break something there is a network to support you with a 3yr warranty on parts excluding labour.

The price, $1300 for a current model/shape Hilux SR5 + fitting.
Fitting will take place at the mechanics just a few units up from me, who told me about them and have installed the kits before.

If they are crap, you'll certainly know about it. If its the case of the "poor man always buys twice", again you'll know about it.

Anyway, i'll keep you posted as to what my thoughts are after the install.
Allords

Re: Westcoast Suspension

Postby heavymental on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 12:03 +0000

take some before and after pics and some comments on how it performs.

I'll be waiting for warranty to expire before i start making any mods but knowing it's local in Perth that's always a bonus.
heavymental

Postby Allords on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 2:48 +0000

The Westcoast suspension kit was fitted yesterday, and to say i'm super happy with it is an understatement.

Picked the car up at about 7pm, drove home via the same roads i always do, and the difference was incredible.
Its like the difference between upgrading the speakers to Focals as discussed here in another thread. Worlds ahead!.
Ive retained the comfort of ride, whilst getting a little lift, and having a system that can carry a little more and should withstand miles of corrugations better than OE.

I haven't had the car in for a wheel alignment yet. It was suggested to do a 100kms first, let it all settle in on the new bushes etc, then align.
If you do it straight away once the vehicle then settles you may have to get it aligned again?

So no crazy vibrations from the steering wheel, no wandering around, my guess is the alignment is fairly good off the bat.
Ive taken it over level railway crossings, and a particular jump up around where i work, and the difference is terrific. Smoother, less vibration/harshness, faster to react, and nowhere near unsettled.

Ive taken pics before and after along with measurements etc. And will post up later once i can insert images.

Its only been a day........But i really rate this product and the level of the companies service highly
Allords

Postby Allords on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 8:37 +0000

Last edited by Allords on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 8:42 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Allords

Postby Scoobalimalima on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 8:41 +0000

Looks sweeet.

What brand is the canopy by the way? I like the single handle side windows.

SLL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoobalimalima

Postby Allords on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 8:46 +0000

Last edited by Allords on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 8:56 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Allords

Postby Allords on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 8:49 +0000

Scoobalimalima wrote:Looks sweeet.

What brand is the canopy by the way? I like the single handle side windows.

SLL

Its The Alpha Canopy By Caddie storage http://www.caddystorage.com.au/
In WA they are in Canningvale
Allords

Return to Suspension