Hornunga's 4x2 Hilux

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Hornunga's 4x2 Hilux

Postby hornunga on Sun, 14 May 2017 3:18 +0000

Hey guys and gals, been a member on here for a few months now just doing a bit of reading about what others have done, thought it was time to introduce myself and my ride.I finally upgraded recently from a mitsubishi lancer wagon + ford falcon au ute and i have to say i couldnt be happier. Drove 10 hours each way to pick this up from bendigo with 12k on the clock :D

ImageImageImage
hornunga

Re: Hornunga's 4x2 Hilux

Postby hornunga on Sun, 14 May 2017 3:31 +0000

Since then i have removed the front nudge bar and roof racks, i purchased a set of small weather sheilds and the mrs bought me a set of foggies for xmas.

I then tried doing the opposite from most of the guys on here, i tried lowering the lux with blocks but pulled them back out in the same week, didnt like the ride comfort nor the drive shaft shudder from being misaligned.
These were a 2.5" drop (angled block) but with any kind of major bump or pothole it would bottom out on the bump stops, even after i took about and inch off them.

Before

After
hornunga

Postby hornunga on Sun, 14 May 2017 3:42 +0000

While playing around with idea of how else i could lower the ute back in January, i put a deposit on a set of work emotion T7R's 19x9.5 +38.
They finally arrived two weeks ago after a 3 month wait!

And no sooner as they arrived they were out the door again to go and get powder coated!
ImageImage

Picked them up friday, put some 255-50-19 rubber on them saturday and this is how she sits today. I dont really have any more plans for her apart from updating the stereo one day to include a reversing camera. And one day a wayyyysss down the track id like to get a hold of a trd v6 supercharger kit but we will see.
ImageImage
hornunga

Postby glide3 on Sun, 14 May 2017 5:40 +0000

Looks great man. I have a 2wd exactly the same but with a diesel. Have any problems with the front wheels scrubing??

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
2007 Hilux SR 4x2
4 way active stereo
19's
JAG IRS (in the works)

For sale:
ECB nudgebar to suit 2005+
Single cab tub lining
glide3

Postby hornunga on Sun, 14 May 2017 6:01 +0000

Thanks man. I didnt like the idea of a diesel as ive never worked on one before so i went the v6 option, danm hard to find though! Nah, i havent as of yet ive had it full lock once or twice so far but only on flat surfaces, no driveways etc.

I tried my best to try and match the standard rolling diameter of the 4x4 models tyres, im only like 1.6% under what they run so i shouldnt have any issues. The only issue i have is the speedo being out around 10% but ive purchased a yellow box to try and correct that as the jaycar kit MKIII didnt work for me :(
hornunga

Postby glide3 on Mon, 26 Jun 2017 2:51 +0000

I'm trying to work out wheels for my Ute. Could you take a photo from the back and front of the car with the wheels straight to see how much they stick out at that size?
Cheer
Josh

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
2007 Hilux SR 4x2
4 way active stereo
19's
JAG IRS (in the works)

For sale:
ECB nudgebar to suit 2005+
Single cab tub lining
glide3

Postby hornunga on Mon, 27 Aug 2018 7:14 +0000

Update:
Finaly got around to getting a new headunit for the 200mm toyota size. With reverse camera, makes backing these things up so much easier. Also went back to blocks again, installed a set of 2” lowering blocks in the rear to level out the ride. Just makes it look that much better. I never really carry too much in the back so Ill eventually get around to getting my leafs reset professionally

hornunga

Postby Hutchyman80 on Tue, 28 Aug 2018 3:42 +0000

Great looking ute! I love the stance it has now. And those wheels are a stand out! I reckon it would would sic painted Matt black. Definitely go for the supercharger option, it would be the best mod you could EVER do.
The more fuel I use, the more fun I have!
Hutchyman80

Postby hornunga on Sun, 30 Aug 2020 7:21 +0000

So its been a while since ive been here. The ute has changed quite a few times since.
I found a cheap sr5 tub online so i bit the bullet and swapped it over, i bought a cheap set of flares to bolt onto the front but the bodyshop ended up having too much trouble fitting them so ended up going genuine.

We take the dogs down the beach and trip fairly regularly so i purchased a canopy to try and keep them cooler and out of the sun.

Then i finally got sick of only getting 500kms out of a tank around town so i bought the same ute in a diesel except i didnt realise until after i had purchased it that it was a different color code. I moved the tub and flares over, in some lights you can see it very clearly, and others you cant even notice. I did plan to have a crack at painting the entire ute but currently thinking of upgrading to a 4x4 so thats on hold. I sold off the wheels when i realised they weren’t load rated correctly for the hilux. Picked up a set of 17x8 p0 wheels with 235/60 rubber.

hornunga

Return to Member Build Ups