Re: Jaybags' Hilux - Slow build - Snorkels on!

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Jaybags' Hilux - Slow build - Finally with new P3's

Postby James_Austgen on Mon, 12 Dec 2016 7:25 +0000

jaybags wrote:Got new sliders! Thanks to the Mr's, she organised them for me for my b'day and agreed we'd go halves in 'em.
They're from Dominator 4x4 in Qld. Got a really good deal on them, they extended their pre-christmas sale they had on for us, and got them in about 4 weeks. Quicker than what they originally estimated.

The quality on them is actually really good too, and their services is superb. I highly recommend them for anyone in the market for sliders.

They fitted up pretty easy too, except me being a clutz, slipped and dropped the ratchet and socket straight on my face... :? :lol:

Thinking of following Mad Dogs idea of putting grip tape on the top (with a few tests so I don't graze my calves off) for the misses. She's just recovered from back surgery so would hate seeing her slip for 6 on a wet day trying to get in and put her back to square one. Will suss out bunnings in the next week or so, whenever I can get time.

Gonna be good going out and not having banana steps for a change!

The unpacking:

How they look fitted up:

Now just need to try find time to get out again and test these bad boyds out. This month's been bloody crazy.

Hey Mate, Looking at a set of these sliders myself. How are they holding up? also just a quick question. are they fully welded? Looks like in the 3rd picture the spacing pipes, between the outside of the sliders and the main pipe under the sills, are only welded on the top half? or am i just not seeing it right?
James_Austgen

Postby jaybags on Tue, 13 Dec 2016 10:32 +0000

They've held up really well, and I still recommend them to everyone.
You won't be disappointed getting these.

It could be just the lighting, I'm pretty sure from memory they're welded pretty solid all the way around. I can grab you a few extra photos of them tonight after work.
Cheers,
Jay

My (super slow) build - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=20120
jaybags

Postby James_Austgen on Tue, 13 Dec 2016 11:19 +0000

Yea nice mate! If you dont mind. Maybe a pic of the mounts on the chassis and one of the underside of the sliders would be awesome. Been doing some serious research but cant seem to find a set that i like located in perth. These ones have the shape im looking for and work out the same price after shipping roughly. I plan on getting them sprayed with Line X protective coating to hopefully with stand the stone chips.
James_Austgen

Postby jaybags on Wed, 14 Dec 2016 4:58 +0000

She's a little dirty at the moment, but here's a few shots.

Never heard of the Line X protective coating? Just read up on it, the stuff looks pretty good.
Cheers,
Jay

My (super slow) build - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=20120
jaybags

Postby James_Austgen on Wed, 14 Dec 2016 7:12 +0000

Yea awesome cheers heaps mate. Yea looks the goods. Dont think you guys over east have got it yet, although you should have something similar. Looks like a winner for me. Ill get in touch with dominator to order a set. They handle the high lift jack nicely?
James_Austgen

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups