fractured rangas build, the lemon chronicals

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

fractured rangas build, the lemon chronicals

Postby fracturedranga on Wed, 31 Dec 2014 2:38 +0000

:D hi everyone,
been a member for a few weeks now and just picked up a near new 2012 SR duel cab, 32000k's and came with a factory steel bullbar and arb rear bar.
i bought the car down in adelaide last week and drove back to townsville, all was going well until halfway between cobar and torrens creek where it started pooring with rain and flat out lightening, the dirt 'shortcut' i took quickly turned to crap and i gave 4wd a workout just to get through, the skinny crap tyres didnt help the situation.
Also must have picked up some dud deisel on the way and 30k's out of townsville the filter light came on, after a mild heart attack and some quick searching on here i worked out it was just a clogged filter and made it the rest of the way home with no dramas, a new filter and a filter light reset and its sweet.

So today i wandered into opposite lock and went to town
got some lightforce LED215, aux battery tray, redark BCDC1240LV isolator, HD systems 4WD rust protection kit, uniden UH8010 radio and a couple of camping/reverse LED lights.
ive also got a second fuel filter on order and a 3 inch redback full exhaust with a high flow cat and resonator and its booked in for a long range tank and front a rear e lockers early january.

Spotties went on as soon as i got home as i had already wired in some Lightforce 240's that i stole off my brother for the drive back

when everything opens up again in the new year ill be getting a 3 inch matrix lift kit from monster rides and an axis front bar to replace the toyota bar as well as some buds sliders. then itll be in for a set of 33 inch KM2s.

Ill also put in a stereo and sub in the next couple of weeks and a custom ally tray as soon as i can find a good tig welder to buy and a piggy back ecu as soon as i can make up my mind on what to get, i was looking at the tunit ones at opposite lock today but i might just pick up a stein bauer

well thatll do for now as its well and truely beer o clock so ill update this as i go over the next month or so and hopefully have it all good to go for a cape trip in july
Last edited by fracturedranga on Tue, 26 Jun 2018 11:00 +0000, edited 11 times in total.
fracturedranga

Re: fractured rangas 2012 build

Postby boxhead55 on Wed, 31 Dec 2014 5:08 +0000

Very nice
boxhead55

Postby Gawry on Wed, 31 Dec 2014 9:41 +0000

Good stuff Ranga, we're looking to head to the Cape in July too. Enjoy the build, it never stops and plenty of info on this site. Cheers Gawry
I always just wanted to be funny. I never really planned to be scary.
Gawry

Postby mylux04 on Thu, 01 Jan 2015 11:07 +0000

nice work good luck with it all
that cape trip will be here before you know it.
Cheers Tony
mylux04

Postby Rollux11 on Thu, 01 Jan 2015 7:34 +0000

Nice one! How pricey are the elockers now?
Rollux11

Postby Kizzzaaa on Thu, 01 Jan 2015 7:50 +0000

Good stuff mate, have a look into nq crd tuning on stuart dr wulguru. They install and tune unichips.
Kizzzaaa

Postby fracturedranga on Thu, 01 Jan 2015 8:48 +0000

cheers for the comments fellas, rollux i got quoted just over $3900 for front and rears fully installed with new bearings and cheers kizzzaaa ill look into it.
i ordered a tiger11 winch and highlift jack today, should be here next week
heres a couple of pics from last night trying out and setting up the new spotties, there awesome
highbeams
spotties
fracturedranga

Postby fracturedranga on Fri, 02 Jan 2015 2:17 +0000

still a bit hungover today but i managed to drag my sorry ass out of bed and go pick up an aux battery and get my windows tinted
bit of a crap pic, ill get some good ones next week after its detailed and the paint protections done
and the new battery, should go alright
hopefully next week everything will start opening up again and i get get some of the bigger stuff going.
Also anyone know anywhere in townsville to get decent crimp lugs and fuse holders for dual battery cables? i tried jaycar but they had nothing in the bigger sizes
fracturedranga

Postby dmorelli on Sat, 03 Jan 2015 3:13 +0000

Try that battery shop on Ingham road where the old Glenfords used to be, they might stock them
dmorelli

Postby Kizzzaaa on Sat, 03 Jan 2015 5:15 +0000

They have some at supercheap if not just go to ashdown ingram or an auto lec shop
Kizzzaaa

Postby fracturedranga on Sat, 03 Jan 2015 6:42 +0000

cheers guys ill head into ashdowns monday,

went shopping again today (cant help myself :D )
got some audio gear
picked up polk audio front splits, an alpine amp 110WRMS x 4 which will run the splits and sub, a slimline 10inch rockford fosgate sub for behind the back seat and some cheapy coaxs for rear fill, plus some sound deadening foam which was on sale.

I installed the drivers side split this arvo before it got dark, just off the headunit for now until i get the aux bat in to wire up the amp, which im waiting on the 2nd fuel filter before i instal to work out how to get it all to fit nice.

started by pulling off the door card and drilling out the stock rivets then removing the speaker
crap stock paper cone rubbish
i then pulled back the plastic and put a ring of sound deadening to seal the speaker to the door, and some in the door as well
the polks came with an awesome spacer bracket in the box so i screwed in on with some tech screws i had laying around
after checking out my options i decided to flush mount the tweeters in the door skin as they were to big to fit in the mirror backing and i couldnt be bothered fiberglassing up new sail panels. i reckon they came up neat
i then screwed in the driver
for the crossover i decided to stick it on the inside of the doorcard using some of the sound deadening with the foam removed, its sticky as anything so ill see how it holds up
then it was a simple wire up and whack the doorcard back on
running off the headunit there ok but i think they'll really come alive once i amp them up, i didnt worry about sealing up the service holes in the door, ill see how it all goes once everything is in and if it needs it ill do it later on.
thats it for today, ill do the other side and rears tommorrow and maybe run some cable for the amp
cheers,
shaun
fracturedranga

Postby fracturedranga on Sun, 04 Jan 2015 4:34 +0000

finished the other side front split today and chucked in some pioneer 2 ways in the back doors, still need to wire them to the head unit but ive run out of cable so thats a tomorrow job
also did the key beeper disconnect before the bloody beeping drove me completely mad, i have no idea how toyota though this was anything other than a cruel and unusual torture technique!
Oh and i did the folding back seat mod the other day, awesome mod, cheers to the guys who worked that out.
fracturedranga

Postby fracturedranga on Wed, 07 Jan 2015 8:20 +0000

quick update as im a few beers deep now,
installed my dual batt setup, what a pain, redark need to up there cable size, joining 6mm2 to 4 guage was a mission but it worked out ok in the end. i got a heap of instal pics i might put in the dual bat thread when im sober
shit picks i started on the beers before i remembered to take them
took the terminal off after this pic
I also got some new gear today
redback exhaust
not that you can tell but its a standyne 2nd fuel filter lol
with any luck ill fit both up tomorrow after my car gets detailed
im also in the process of ordering a heap of gear through MR but thats atleast a few weeks away
cheers,
shaun
fracturedranga

Postby dmorelli on Thu, 08 Jan 2015 2:53 +0000

Build is coming up sweet man. I chucked a redback exhaust on over Christmas, the bolts at the turbo aren't as hard as everyone reckons, just gotta take your time haha
dmorelli

Postby blkrota on Thu, 08 Jan 2015 3:47 +0000

Nice build mate.
your on the rite track with the speaker install and deadening.

Just trying to help out. you dont have to do the below but it helps with mid bass.

Seal those big service holes up in the doors with focal bam or dynamat. Will acked more like a speaker box.

Also run a bead of black caulking around the speaker and baffle to get it nice and air tight as possible.

Oh and i agree with you on redarc needing to up the cable size. should be 4awg at least.
blkrota

Postby fracturedranga on Thu, 08 Jan 2015 5:27 +0000

blkrota wrote:Nice build mate.
your on the rite track with the speaker install and deadening.

Just trying to help out. you dont have to do the below but it helps with mid bass.

Seal those big service holes up in the doors with focal bam or dynamat. Will acked more like a speaker box.

Also run a bead of black caulking around the speaker and baffle to get it nice and air tight as possible.

Oh and i agree with you on redarc needing to up the cable size. should be 4awg at least.

cheers man, ill be pulling the door skins off tomorrow and running new cable to the fronts and back from the amp so i may as well seal up them holes while im there. ive sealed the speaker baffles in with the sound deadening foam so they should be right but i might run a bead of silicon around them while im there
fracturedranga

Postby fracturedranga on Thu, 08 Jan 2015 5:40 +0000

dmorelli wrote:Build is coming up sweet man. I chucked a redback exhaust on over Christmas, the bolts at the turbo aren't as hard as everyone reckons, just gotta take your time haha

chucked mine on this morning, it was a piece of piss probably took an hr total with my mate giving me a hand to hold it up while we got the bolts on. This is the first exhaust ive done where i didnt snap bolts or studs and i never seized the new ones before they went on so theyll be sweet if it ever needs to come off again. Its sounds a bit deeper now but still quiet enough to not be obnoxious I havent been for a decent drive yet so no idea if ive gained any performance
again sorry for the crap pics im not much of a photographer

I also installed the couplertec electronic rust proofer today, apart from the nightmare that is split conduit it all went well just need to pick up a tube of silicon tomorrow to cover the couplers as the stuff in my toolbox had set in the tube

tomorrow ill get the amp and sub in behind the back seat and run the cable for my camp lights. Ill also sort out my speakers while im there,
cheers
fracturedranga

Postby fracturedranga on Fri, 09 Jan 2015 4:11 +0000

didnt get much done today as im fair nackered from yesterday however it did get detailed and paint protection done today so i took a heap of pics of it all nice and shiney
fracturedranga

Postby blkrota on Fri, 09 Jan 2015 5:10 +0000

Nice one. those spotties look sweet.
blkrota

Postby fracturedranga on Sun, 11 Jan 2015 5:52 +0000

had a productive couple of days on the lux
got all my stereo gear installed and working, i sealed up the front door service holes while i was running new cable from the amp to the speakers
chucked my amp and sub behind the back seat, had to rewire the sub as its dual 2 ohm voice coiled and was wired for 1 ohm from the shop for some retarded reason. now its 4 ohm and the amp is happy. for a 10inch slimline sub it pumps, more than enough low bass for the dual cab
forget to take a pic before putting the seat back in so this is it with the seat folded down
I also ran new cable from the aux battery for the rear socket outlets, cable ready for the camplights that ill put in tomorrow and the cb which ill also chuck in tomorrow. i ran them all through arb style rockers i got from jaycar. Ill just need to wire a relay on the earths to the switchlights so they only come on with the ignition
i also chucked some led striplights in the footwells
ill pick up a cover for the worklight switch tomorrow when i get the relay
tomorrow i should finish up in the car and get it cleaned up again and good to go then itll be off to get a unichip and tune
fracturedranga

Next

Return to Member Build Ups