Noidea's Hilux ***Up For Sale***

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Noidea's Hilux

Postby Blackie2008 on Thu, 02 Aug 2012 1:59 +0000

I was looking all over for that, Mick! :lol: I was too blind to see it :geek:

He did say it was in his build and thanks for finding it!

I'm still waiting for Dynamic tyres to get back to my email (3days ago now) so hopefully they don't make this any harder like everyone else seems to do.

Does anyone know of any dynamic wheel re-sellers around newcastle?
Dan.

08' SR5 Dual Cab, Manual, Prado brake upgrade, 33" KM2's, DMS MR Rekon Stage II, MMKD, Stage 2 GTurbo, HPD FMIC, NPC Clutch, 360 UHD Gearbox...

Built, not bought

Build thread: http://www.newhilux.net/phpbb/viewtopic ... 41&t=15092
Blackie2008

Postby Noidea on Mon, 13 Aug 2012 8:05 +0000

Blackie2008 wrote:I was looking all over for that, Mick! :lol: I was too blind to see it :geek:

I'm still waiting for Dynamic tyres to get back to my email (3days ago now) so hopefully they don't make this any harder like everyone else seems to do.

Hey mate sorry ive been on holidays for the past two weeks. Yes as Mick so kindly pointed out they are my 17's in those photos. Thank you for the kind comments.

Im just trying to remember who I spoke to to get my rims. Oh I spoke to Adam at Jobsons tyres in hornsby and he got the rims in for me. Any tyre dealer should be able to get them in off dynamic for you.
Noidea

Postby Blackie2008 on Mon, 13 Aug 2012 9:07 +0000

Noidea wrote:
Blackie2008 wrote:I was looking all over for that, Mick! :lol: I was too blind to see it :geek:

Hey mate sorry ive been on holidays for the past two weeks. Yes as Mick so kindly pointed out they are my 17's in those photos. Thank you for the kind comments.

Im just trying to remember who I spoke to to get my rims. Oh I spoke to Adam at Jobsons tyres in hornsby and he got the rims in for me. Any tyre dealer should be able to get them in off dynamic for you.

Thanks buddy! Hope you had a good holiday. I ended up (under Mick's advice) to get a set from Max. They should be on their way as soon as the money clears in Monster Rides' piggy bank. :mrgreen:
Dan.

08' SR5 Dual Cab, Manual, Prado brake upgrade, 33" KM2's, DMS MR Rekon Stage II, MMKD, Stage 2 GTurbo, HPD FMIC, NPC Clutch, 360 UHD Gearbox...

Built, not bought

Blackie2008

Re: Noidea's Hilux ***Fraser Island Write Up And Pics***

Postby Noidea on Tue, 14 Aug 2012 5:41 +0000

Hey everyone just came back from Fraser Island so thought Ide type out a bit of a report on how it all went.

I left with a mate driving a ford ranger early saturday 28th July and spent the first two days heading up to Hervey bay for our barge trip onto the island on monday arvo. We got on the barge at river heads and drove onto Fraser at the wanggoolba creek exit and had a nice easy 15 minute drive to our first nights stop at central station. To be honest it wasnt really how I pictured it (not a bad thing just was well different in my head)

We set up for the first night after a few long days driving and crashed almost straight away. The next morning we made our way towards the beach on the eastern side of the island only to meet a few tour buses along the way and wow arnt they an arrogant impatient bunch. I was towing my camper trailer and they just flat out refused to pull over to the side forcing me to reverse on the sand numerous times to get out of their way :evil:

We spent the next few days moving beach campsites to try and get a taste of which was best. I personally love ocean beach and Eli creek campsites. We did the usual touristy tracks and the lakes along the way and never once had trouble towing my camper even over nygala rocks or any of the soft sand bypass tracks. Just plenty of right foot :D

We didnt see a dingo for the first 4 days but once we did we couldn't not see them. Cheeky buggers sneaking up on us while we cooked and sat late at night just outside the illuminated part of our campsite only to scare the s**t out of us wen we left to visit “the mens room” No problems with them at all just locked our rubbish in our cars overnight. They did try and look though. Dingo tracks everywhere each morning throughout the entire campsite.

I took an extra 40L of fuel in two jerries but I didnt really need it. The 140L long ranger tank was just enough for the weeks driving on there. We did the drive up to the cape and walked up to the light house as well as the drive to the western side of the island.

I wet my line a few times but due to lack of tackle and patience (of my company only) I didnt get to catch anything.

After a week on the island we headed off down at inskip point and after a good hour or so in the 4wd wash bay made our way to the glass house mountains for a bit of fun (although we had no idea where we were going lol) After finding some tracks and winching out of a few nice muddy ruts we headed to somerset lake and found a camp ground with showers for the night.

The next morning we got on the road towards Moree as one of the guys we were traveling with’s brother lives out there. Smashed it out in one go with a few driver swaps and stayed there for the next few days playing some golf and sat in the hot artesian pools trying to sweat out our newly put on beer bellies haha.

Once we left Moree we headed to Lake Copeton and stayed at the Copeton waters park for the night and I must say I was very impressed. It was pretty cheap and the facilities were great and clean. Reminded me alot of Lake St Clair park just out of Singleton to which I visit a few times a year. Will definitely go back up to Copeton waters again.

For our last night we decided to go up to Polblue in the barrington tops as it was the perfect way to top off our “warm” weather holiday. We stopped in at the Moonan flat pub for a beer before making the climb up the mountain. The new pub owner told us that there was a snow warning for the tops which made me rather excited but at the same time optimistic.

We watched the temperature drop as the lux climbed and by the time we hit the dingo gate it was 3 degrees and this was at 3:30pm!!

By 8pm it was 1 degree and the wind was so strong and swirling it made it hard to keep the fire lit and was by no means warm. Soooo bed time it was. The morning came to me rolling over to my temperature gauge and almost falling out of bed looking at the -3 on the screen.

We cooked breakfast with the snow falling and by the time we packed up and left it was still -3 and this was at 11am. Thankfully it warmed as we descended down and started the 4 hour trip home.

All in all we travelled 3440 km’s and averaged around 13 or 14 L/100 towing on the blacktop all loaded up which i thought was amazing and about 18 or 19 L/100 for the weeks worth of towing on fraser.

It was an amazing trip and we had even better weather for the entire time (I was secretly hoping for snow up the tops)

Both the camper and the lux performed faultlessly and Im now planning the Simpson or the cape at around this time next year.

Enjoy the photos

Noidea

Postby Jack S on Tue, 14 Aug 2012 5:55 +0000

Great write up man and even better pictures, looks like a lovely part of aus up there, bet you enjoyed every part of it!!

How did your REKON suspension hold up and feel over the course of the trip?
Jack S

Postby Newi creeper on Tue, 14 Aug 2012 6:22 +0000

Looks like an awsome trip mate and some cool pics I can't wait to head up Fraser once my trucks all set up How did the lux go towing the camper on Fraser ?
Newi creeper

Postby Noidea on Tue, 14 Aug 2012 6:33 +0000

Jack S wrote:Great write up man and even better pictures, looks like a lovely part of aus up there, bet you enjoyed every part of it!!

How did your REKON suspension hold up and feel over the course of the trip?

Thanks Jack, it is a beautiful part of Aus thats for sure!

Rekon held up perfectly and did exactly what i expected it to do. You can see the amount of down travel it has in that winching pic in the glass house mountains.

Newi creeper wrote:Looks like an awsome trip mate and some cool pics I can't wait to head up Fraser once my trucks all set up How did the lux go towing the camper on Fraser ?

Towed it without any dramas what so ever. Only got bogged once but that was my fault trying to see how far i could go up a sand incline in 2wd :lol:
Noidea

Postby Blackie2008 on Tue, 14 Aug 2012 6:41 +0000

That's awesome :D I hope to do a trip like that one day! Thanks for putting up all the pics.
Dan.

Built, not bought

Blackie2008

Postby Jack S on Tue, 14 Aug 2012 6:50 +0000

Sweet Josh, good to see the rekon gear holding up and preforming over such a long trip!

By the way, -3 is nothing, it got down to -8 at work on our last night shift, now thats cold :shock:
Jack S

Postby benzo on Tue, 14 Aug 2012 6:56 +0000

Looked like an awsome trip mate, great pics! your lux looks set up real well!
benzo

Postby Qwerty on Tue, 14 Aug 2012 7:05 +0000

Photo no workies for me :(
Qwerty

Postby Rocket55 on Tue, 14 Aug 2012 7:08 +0000

Noidea wrote:Image

That's a sweet photo, NewHilux Calendar shot there :D

Sounds and looks like you guys had a fantastic time. Bit hard to go back to work after that I'm guessing. :shock:
Cheers Rod
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Bitumen ...... another waste of public funds
Rocket55

Postby Noidea on Tue, 14 Aug 2012 7:17 +0000

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Yeah but Jack you work out at like broken hill or something dont you :lol: :lol:

Thanks Rod, yes it will be hard but im on a week of arvo shifts so i can ease my way into getting up early :D
Noidea

Postby RonBacardi8 on Tue, 14 Aug 2012 7:29 +0000

Rocket55 wrote:

Sounds and looks like you guys had a fantastic time. Bit hard to go back to work after that I'm guessing. :shock:

X2 on the calendar shot.

Awesome trip man, love that ship wreak would make and awesome sunset/sunrise photo (not sure what side of the island it's on)
RonBacardi8

Postby Noidea on Tue, 14 Aug 2012 7:36 +0000

RonBacardi8 wrote:
Rocket55 wrote:

X2 on the calendar shot.

Awesome trip man, love that ship wreak would make and awesome sunset/sunrise photo (not sure what side of the island it's on)

Thanks mate, Its on the eastern side of the island so it would be a sunrise shot :D

I would have got up and taken some but im a late night = late morning kinda guy :lol:
Noidea

Postby 07luxyTD on Tue, 14 Aug 2012 7:50 +0000

love the trip write up 8-) awsome pics and spots to travel.
Barrigntons is usually my playground in winter, you probly picked the best campground, but the coldest to lol
Old mate at moonan pub is a little legend and funny bloke lol

good write up :D
"Lucky you weren't cut off by my stihl"

My build thread viewtopic.php?f=41&t=13794
My Landcruiser Build http://www.newlandcruiser.net/phpbb/vie ... 90&start=0
07luxyTD

Postby Noidea on Tue, 14 Aug 2012 8:09 +0000

07luxyTD wrote:love the trip write up 8-) awsome pics and spots to travel.
Barrigntons is usually my playground in winter, you probly picked the best campground, but the coldest to lol
Old mate at moonan pub is a little legend and funny bloke lol

good write up :D

Cheers.... Yes thats why we picked it, best chance for snow :D

Yeah hes a crack up, we were the only ones there so bought a stubby holder (i collect them) and a schooner and had a chat for half an hour before we headed up.

I had to laugh though. There was a poster on the wall of the pub for a "bodypump" girly dance show going there in oct sometime i think and he was selling tickets for it. I can only imagine the toothless old blokes heading to that show.... Oh the poor girls :lol:

On second though if a young guy went its probably his best chance to pick one of them up ;)

*Grabs phone and dials the moonan flat pub*
Noidea

Postby 07luxyTD on Tue, 14 Aug 2012 8:12 +0000

hahaha, first time in there i spent good half hour looking at all the posters, picks and collections. tho thats the atmosphere of a genuine small town pub that australia loves
"Lucky you weren't cut off by my stihl"

My build thread viewtopic.php?f=41&t=13794
My Landcruiser Build http://www.newlandcruiser.net/phpbb/vie ... 90&start=0
07luxyTD

Postby Noidea on Tue, 14 Aug 2012 8:31 +0000

07luxyTD wrote:hahaha, first time in there i spent good half hour looking at all the posters, picks and collections. tho thats the atmosphere of a genuine small town pub that australia loves

Indeed it is mate. It sadens me to think how many young people (not that i consider my ripe old age of 27 to be old ;) ) will never get out there and see Australia.

All they seem to talk about it thailand and bali (not that theres anything wrong with those places) just would much rather see this great country first
Noidea

Postby Qwerty on Tue, 14 Aug 2012 8:47 +0000

Noidea wrote:
07luxyTD wrote:hahaha, first time in there i spent good half hour looking at all the posters, picks and collections. tho thats the atmosphere of a genuine small town pub that australia loves

Indeed it is mate. It sadens me to think how many young people (not that i consider my ripe old age of 27 to be old ;) ) will never get out there and see Australia.

All they seem to talk about it thailand and bali (not that theres anything wrong with those places) just would much rather see this great country first

On the other hand , we are seeing massive population load in our offroad / camping areas which is causing closures etc so I'm kinda glad there aren't thousands more out there!
Qwerty

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups