Invincible off road capability

News and discussions related to the Hilux brand

Invincible off road capability

Postby 900ssduke on Thu, 19 Feb 2015 7:08 +0000

Considering a new UK Hi Lux Invincible. How good is the traction control off road. Does it have traction control in low gearbox 4wd or what keeps you moving? Plan to use it for shooting, agriculture and family car. Am I right in thinking no lsd or locking difs
900ssduke

Re: Invincible off road capability

Postby Luxi46 on Thu, 19 Feb 2015 10:42 +0000

Welcome to the forum, 900ssduke. Traction control stays on in low-range, but can be disabled together with VSC. LSD is useless for the serious off-road stuff, even when shimmed (mine is also an Invincible and I've been down that road). And no, Invincible doesn't come with rear locker, have to go with either Active or Icon pack for factory locker or you might consider aftermarket locker. Although it might be overkill for what you're gonna use it for.

Now, tell us a bit more about yourself in the Introduction section, so we can give you a proper welcome ;)
Cheers,
Marvin
Luxi46
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Balloontyres on Sun, 22 Feb 2015 4:58 +0000

The Hilux is a great car, but in my opinion you should change something on the suspension. that is the only thing what disappointed me. but if you stay on the highways than it is perfect. but if you drive off road or over bad roads than it is a must to change suspension in my opinion.

but soon the New Hilux will be there! so maybe you should wait for that. Nissan improved the suspension on the new Navara already they offer 4 link now. so I am hoping the new Hilux will also come with better suspension options..
Balloontyres

Postby NielsC on Tue, 28 Apr 2015 3:35 +0000

Indeed if you want the factory locker you would need to buy the basic 2.5 diesel version.
Suspension lacks articulation other then that they are very capable offroad.
I find all models require the factory locker because of bad suspension articulation.
NielsC

Return to Toyota News